Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kvlt! posted:

anyone know who won TOD today i dont wanna buy the PPV replay

I BELIEVE it was Bobby Beverly because they were talking about him on the ICW show tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

DEFY has their first show on FITE in about an hour. Should be good although not insanely good. Lawlor vs. Suzuki will be good, Nick Wayne & Ultimo Dragon vs. Gringo Loco & La Estrella should be fine, and I’m looking forward to seeing Second Gear Crew in person.

lmao at “doors at 7:30, show at 8”

the line is stretching around and almost all the way down the block.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I got here at 7:30 and got in at 8:05

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Ok, some indie shows are getting too drat long.

Show started at 8:00 with a 7:45 dark match.
Get through 5 matches (including an ambulance death match) by 10:30.
Have a 30 minute intermission with a band while you clean up all the glass and other debris from the death match.
There are another 4-5 scheduled matches including a coffin match, a handicap match, and championship match.

I left and got home before the band would have finished, but that show is going at least 4.5 hours before the post show since it is their last show.

Drago Kid vs Aaron Sykes and Decimus/Juventud Aerea vs Komander/Epydemius Jr were both extremely good though and I can catch the rest on youtube eventually.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the ring at GCWHitEmUp tn is so bouncy rn its great watching this 8 man tag desperately trying not to accidentally break thru it lol it feels like watching the logo go into the corner of an old TV "Oh this bump someones def going thru...damnit...now THIS one someones def gonna actually go thru! damnit"

also how are indie companies affording an ambulance match, do they have more $$$ than i think or is it like an old decomissioned car painted like an ambulance

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 30, 2022

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

TTBF posted:

I got here at 7:30 and got in at 8:05

If PPV slots are gonna keep them to three hour shows I sort of think it’s a win; that was tighter than average.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Suzuki live is better than I imagined

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

no intermission was kind of a bummer but the show ruled so that’s good. plus that means I can get home sooner since I drive up and back from Portland for every show.

this was insanely loud in the building-

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1586596010939514882?s=46&t=IfJ94DLuV4TM45-gcrp01w

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Friend went, sounds like it was real good.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thanlis posted:

If PPV slots are gonna keep them to three hour shows I sort of think it’s a win; that was tighter than average.

Yeah I was outta there by 11:10 which was nice compared to being done sometime between 11 and 1.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Any indie show that doesn't have the gimmick of 'marathon wrestling show' should last three hours, max. Hell, WrestleMania should only be four hours.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Absolutely incredible weekend, holy poo poo. NEW in Vancouver on Thursday, drove down to Defy in Seattle on Saturday, and I just got out of the Prestige show in Portland. Lots of Vancouver wrestlers at Defy, and some repeat guests so I must have been following a tour circuit (Davey Richards at all 3 shows lol). Suzuki's chops have to be seen live to be believed. They ECHO.

I got to meet all of the Dragongate guys at each show too: Ultimo, Estrella, YAMATO, SB KENTo. All were super nice! Their matches at Prestige were easily the best ones on the card.

I'd love it if all the Pacific Northwest promotions would coordinate dates like this more often. I'd do this trip again in a heartbeat even without all the international talent. Totally worth it.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Going to my first GCW show in Providence and it's already looking awesome - https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1586869108355874817

Alec Price is so fun to watch, glad more eyes get to watch him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Sawyer Wreck is pretty cool too, and Maki/Masha should be wild.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Talking about Indy shows going on forever, went to a show that was an hour and a half away for a women's show. 5 matches, show starts at 7, figured it would be over at worst at 9.

Get there and find out that it's one owner of 2 promotions. For some reason on social media they act like the woman's promotion is a completely separate entity. Meanwhile the social media for the mens promotion let's you know that both cards will be happening. The show ran till almost midnight.

They've run like 3 more shows since then and they still dont let you know it's 2 cards if you only look at the women's promotion social media.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I for one love a long-rear end show. Between wrestling open and paradigm last week i was at h2o for like eight hours, including a 60 minute iron man deathmatch, and i couldn't get enough! The longer the show, the more bang for your buck imo. Then back for GCW on Tuesday, shp Thursday, h2o last night and tonight, absolutely spoiled for wrestling. It's the four hour corporate ppvs that are the real slog

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
GCW announcement in about an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJeuVgFwvU

EDIT: GCW coming to Fite+ starting today.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 1, 2022

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

SalTheBard posted:

GCW announcement in about an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJeuVgFwvU

Thank you Fite and Brett for saving me money.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm mad I spent $30 on that international package last weekend when I could've just waited 3 days and paid $5. I am happy because this will motivate me to watch a lot more of their shows.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah that’s a killer deal, but that said I’m not gonna bite unless GCW come out of the funk they’re in right now and/or there is an unmissable sicknasty deathmatch card on the horizon.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Black Label Pro is also going to Fite+, wonder if more will be on the way.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is there any easy way to find a list of what's currently included with F+? I don't watch a ton of GCW these days but five bucks is decent.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

AIW as well

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is there any easy way to find a list of what's currently included with F+? I don't watch a ton of GCW these days but five bucks is decent.

I don’t think they have a comprehensive list of promotions on a single page but you can see the shows in each section here: https://www.fite.tv/join/fite-plus/

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Shortening "independent" to indy, the spotlight slam by sidekick media services can get hosed

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t think they have a comprehensive list of promotions on a single page but you can see the shows in each section here: https://www.fite.tv/join/fite-plus/

Oh thanks!

The only caveat with this, as with AEW+, is that traversing the archives is an absolute chore. Trying to find anything specific is a nightmare. I can't think of a streaming service of any kind that has a worse interface than FITE.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Whoa:

https://twitter.com/defynw/status/1587485769119068160

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Screaming that I didn't have money to buy tickets when they went on sale and won't for another two days

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Weird, I'd like to go to that, but there's nothing on the Tixr page.

What's the Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title that Schaff had at the Defy show? Cagematch doesn't have an entry for it. The closest I can find is the one from DOA out of Portland, but it says Exile is the champion and hasn't defended it since 2014.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SalTheBard posted:

I was listening to the announcement on WOL and kept thinking,"Right, but the new shows you'll have to pay separately for, right? That's the catch?" and then he goes,"Oh and in case you think there's a catch and you'll have to pay separately for the new shows... you won't!" so goddamn, what a deal!

Plus they got Sempervive to say Bussy on the radio.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It annoys me because I paid $30 for the international package last week and could've saved $25 if I had just waited

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Bonk posted:

Weird, I'd like to go to that, but there's nothing on the Tixr page.

What's the Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title that Schaff had at the Defy show? Cagematch doesn't have an entry for it. The closest I can find is the one from DOA out of Portland, but it says Exile is the champion and hasn't defended it since 2014.

It’s the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. I’m pretty sure it’s not the original belt; the design is different in places but the shape is the same and they’ve both got the same plaque in the shape of the region. It’s explicitly unsanctioned. Schaff didn’t beat anyone for it, he’s just pissed off he didn’t get a title shot.

Try https://www.tixr.com/groups/defywrestling/events/defy-fight-wave-53916 for tickets. I can’t double check cause it’s lousy on mobile.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GCW, AIW and BLP is enough to get my $5/month.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its great news bc theyve leaned a little more into stories recently and hopefully all the new people signing up to watch will keep encouraging that

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This may be enough for me to rethink my IWTV sub.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

https://wrestlingrepublic.com/stephanie-mcmahon-frustrated-that-gcw-turned-down-wwe-network-offer/?amp

im assuming this is fake but its funny

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

It’s the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. I’m pretty sure it’s not the original belt; the design is different in places but the shape is the same and they’ve both got the same plaque in the shape of the region. It’s explicitly unsanctioned. Schaff didn’t beat anyone for it, he’s just pissed off he didn’t get a title shot.

If I recall correctly, the fella who has a classic Portland wrestling history collection had a replica made from photo references and such and at one show Schaff just ran over to his table and yoinked it off and has been carrying it around since.

Dude has a rad collection of stuff and sells some fun merch.

https://instagram.com/classicportlandwrestling?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Bonk posted:

The closest I can find is the one from DOA out of Portland, but it says Exile is the champion and hasn't defended it since 2014.

maybe they should put up flyers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Add another one to the Fite+ pile:

https://twitter.com/PWRevolver/status/1587580242251911172

They HAD to have had at least one better picture of Mox to use on this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

C'mon, Freelance, make the move!