Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope this game ends up being good. It's looked very promising so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI11vqvGStw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Hahah well if I come across it during regular play fine, otherwise I am content to use my awesome conductors wand. I love how the music sounds. I am also REALLY hoping that a form of the song of storms appears in the game :D I feel like I have heard motifs from others appear already but I cannot be 100% sure my brain is not tricking me.

There's been a few

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Hahah well if I come across it during regular play fine, otherwise I am content to use my awesome conductors wand. I love how the music sounds. I am also REALLY hoping that a form of the song of storms appears in the game :D I feel like I have heard motifs from others appear already but I cannot be 100% sure my brain is not tricking me.

Oh right yes, you noticed briefly but I forgot to confirm - the Forest Haven music contains snippets of Saria's Song/Lost Woods from OOT.

Additionally Windfall Island is partially a Kakariko remix.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 2, 2022

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

There's been a few

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh right yes, you noticed briefly but I forgot to confirm - the Forest Haven music contains snippets of Saria's Song/Lost Woods from OOT.

Additionally Windfall Island is partially a Kakariko remix.

I knew it!! I thought maybe I was just recalling the lovely Ocarina and Majora sound tracks. OK I am definitely listening out for Song of Storms. I bet it is in an island full of rain...could it appear on that island I was just at? Where Vabun was supposed to be? I wonder if I come back and can do stuff there I might hear it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've gotten really into Duolingo Germany. It's insane that they have three genders for verbs and insist that cheese is a boy, pizza is a girl, and sandwiches are nonbinary. But they do at least make more sense than the gender noun assignments of Spanish.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 2, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Gripweed posted:

I've gotten really into Duolingo Germany. It's insane that they have three genders for verbs and insist that cheese is a boy, pizza is a girl, and sandwiches are nonbinary. But they do at least make more sense than the gender verb assignments of Spanish.

????

Verbs are specifically one of the non-gendered words in Spanish?

Like I'm seriously confused, gender in Spanish sucks (when our mainstream non-binary pronouns are "it" and "the letter ll" there's something wrong), but verbs are not part of that?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why is "enough" pronounced "enuff" but "though" is pronounced "tho"?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

????

Verbs are specifically one of the non-gendered words in Spanish?

Like I'm seriously confused, gender in Spanish sucks (when our mainstream non-binary pronouns are "it" and "the letter ll" there's something wrong), but verbs are not part of that?

I meant nouns. I was just on a big Duolingo German run, I needed a moment to get my English going again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ometeotl posted:

What is with that title logo?

Yeah it definitely needs at least a border around it but I also suppose anyone who's buying a physical copy of a somewhat obscure Type Moon VN already knows the name.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, sorry then. I was like, really beffudled, meant no offense.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i like the big hosed up B that's actually two Ss in german

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like how Vs are actually Fs and Ws are actually Vs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

I like how Vs are actually Fs and Ws are actually Vs

Oh yeah, they use all the same letters but they use them wrong. It's like a trap.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Jay Rust posted:

It's not, it's pronounced "thuff". You've been making a fool of yourself your whole life.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

both of them actually rhyme with "cough"

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Meanwhile I still haven't found a good transliteration of ñ into other lamguages. It's not ny, not ni, not j. I'm spanish but I still can't say how to transcribe it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1587792260594339843?s=20&t=aGcfNLVb399Sh5TigOmJJA

PSVR2 will cost $549, that’s more than the console lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

also has zero games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was really fun talking to someone on the forum about the pronunciation of some Danish name and it was like "yeah you can't make that sound in English"

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gripweed posted:

I've gotten really into Duolingo Germany. It's insane that they have three genders for verbs and insist that cheese is a boy, pizza is a girl, and sandwiches are nonbinary. But they do at least make more sense than the gender noun assignments of Spanish.

Richtig leiwand, oida!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would honestly immediately put a deposit on this, but PSVR1 games aren't compatible... so like.. yeah nah mate

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hatty posted:

PSVR2 will cost $549, that’s more than the console lol

Lol. I really thought they would go under for the psychological advantage but at least they only missed by $50

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I meant nouns. I was just on a big Duolingo German run, I needed a moment to get my English going again

https://faculty.georgetown.edu/jod/texts/twain.german.html

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I took time off from work so that I can catch up on some video games. Lots of new stuff that I want to play but I was having too much fun gearing up my Nova Sorc in D2R.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Richtig leiwand, oida!

I haven't gotten that far yet, no spoilers!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

do you draw your own avs vg? becuz they always own and i love seein them :3

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haha what posted:

do you draw your own avs vg? becuz they always own and i love seein them :3

A mixture! Some I used Stable Diffusion for (like my FFX and symphony of the night one) some are made for me (like the Resident Evil Village one), some I find official looking pictures and some I make myself, like the Inscryption one or the FFVIII ones.

If I can make them I will always do that first :) I like having my avs represent the game I am playing. I started doing it last year and it is too much fun to stop!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Wind Waker ft mothereffin' w

rox
Sep 7, 2016

VideoGames posted:

A mixture! Some I used Stable Diffusion for (like my FFX and symphony of the night one) some are made for me (like the Resident Evil Village one), some I find official looking pictures and some I make myself, like the Inscryption one or the FFVIII ones.

If I can make them I will always do that first :) I like having my avs represent the game I am playing. I started doing it last year and it is too much fun to stop!

hell yea! thats awesome

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

from the root word, Z'Nuff

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the shadow of rose dlc for re8 is...fine. it's just a small, more-linear re8. there is one section i thought was kind of good, and one that was actively annoying. i wouldn't go out of your way to play it, unless you also really want to dig into the extra mercenaries mode characters who seem overall pretty cool. it's hard to care about Rose, a character who existed for a single cutscene, enough to feel like the extra plot is really additive. at the same time, the dlc lacks the bombast of playing as Joe 'I've emerged from the swamp and I'm ready to wrassle' Baker in the last re7 dlc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Relax Or DIE posted:

the shadow of rose dlc for re8 is...fine. it's just a small, more-linear re8. there is one section i thought was kind of good, and one that was actively annoying. i wouldn't go out of your way to play it, unless you also really want to dig into the extra mercenaries mode characters who seem overall pretty cool. it's hard to care about Rose, a character who existed for a single cutscene, enough to feel like the extra plot is really additive. at the same time, the dlc lacks the bombast of playing as Joe 'I've emerged from the swamp and I'm ready to wrassle' Baker in the last re7 dlc.

how's the third person camera in the base game?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Finished my replay of MGS V. The messy parts are very messy, but I still had a lot of fun with it. Gotta figure out what to do next.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

PunkBoy posted:

Finished my replay of MGS V. The messy parts are very messy, but I still had a lot of fun with it. Gotta figure out what to do next.

Be the first person to play Metal Gear Survive.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why does James run like that. Is the twist he's an alien?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

Why does James run like that. Is the twist he's an alien?

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

The viii ending cutscene made it seem like she was a gonna be a superhero member of a S.H.I.E.L.D., is this the line they took?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like to game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i like to game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats the same price as the console outside the us, where they raised the price by $50 recently