Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

When I said Vonn and Chubb should move farther to each edge, I didn’t mean Buffalo and Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chubb will inevitably get injured and miss a season. It is known.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Yeah I’m fine with the trade. Though Chubb has been pretty solid so far, this gets us more depth at RB and draft capital. In Paton we trust.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/bturner23/status/1579637617255419904?s=46&t=cs5sibKVMTsGqIEPsRGfDw

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

It was a miracle that the Raiders last year were able to make playoffs but it was the combination of Gruden stacking on 5 wins in the first 6 weeks and lucky coin flip OT games. That offense was annoying and the red zone scoring was miserable. It took Gruden like 4 years to get the offense in that position and Bisaccia is not that guy. I get that the players like him but hes not a hidden secret Vince lombardi
I don't think anyone was claiming that he was? Can't keep dumping staffs when they start to get some positive results and then wonder why the team sucks a lot.

Spin it however you need to but the Raiders have been to the playoffs 3 times in 20 years and they couldn't wait to dump the staffs after making it.

I just don't see what Josh McDaniels is going to do for the Raiders besides ravage what was working for them.

The Defense still sucks, Carr sucks, Waller sucks. The one working cog probably can't wait to run the gently caress away.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr and Waller are good and that's where your Chief brain can't get past its bias

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Carr and Waller are good and that's where your Chief brain can't get past its bias

checks titans raiders tape waller sucks

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't think anyone was claiming that he was? Can't keep dumping staffs when they start to get some positive results and then wonder why the team sucks a lot.

Spin it however you need to but the Raiders have been to the playoffs 3 times in 20 years and they couldn't wait to dump the staffs after making it.

I just don't see what Josh McDaniels is going to do for the Raiders besides ravage what was working for them.

The Defense still sucks, Carr sucks, Waller sucks. The one working cog probably can't wait to run the gently caress away.

They would have made the playoffs each of the last 4 years if they wouldn't have games taken away from them.

Carr has been a top 10 QB his entire career, you need to get past your bias. This is a world where people think Dak or Murray are decent QBs; that's where the standard is.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Carr is currently the 16th best qb

16 is not top 10

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Top 10 under standard metrics or after the converted "official bias" metrics

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Waller’s just hurt right now, but he’s also no spring chicken

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I have no idea right why the Broncos didn't move Melvin Gordon and Jeudy today. I am absolutely certain the two of them are going to continue to be distractions down the backstretch, and just moving on would be better for both player and team.

Even a bad deal would be better than the status quo.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

It was a miracle that the Raiders last year were able to make playoffs but it was the combination of Gruden stacking on 5 wins in the first 6 weeks and lucky coin flip OT games. That offense was annoying and the red zone scoring was miserable. It took Gruden like 4 years to get the offense in that position and Bisaccia is not that guy. I get that the players like him but hes not a hidden secret Vince lombardi

This is where I was until I heard Josh McDaniels name getting floated. Then I was like great, out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
While this is not exactly fair since you might as well work where you've got a good opportunity...as far as I can tell Josh McDaniels success as a coach while not coaching Tom Brady is starting off 6-0 with Kyle Orton on the Broncos (before finishing the season 8-8) and making Mac Jones as a rookie look pretty decent.

That second one is for real pretty impressive, so he's got that going for him and it was recent. But, uh yeah, removed from either Brady or Belichick he's been pretty damned bad. That year with the Rams, whew. I mean, yeah they weren't going anywhere anyway but he didn't cover himself in glory making them like the 20th offense in the league out of nothing showing his genius or anything like that. They were godawful and finished below 30 in a bunch of stuff. Just a miserable offense. Running injured Sam Bradford out there who could barely walk and throwing much more than you run when you had a still functional Steven Jackson on the team didn't help much.

Maybe he turns it around, I still think the Raiders are a pretty decent roster. But he seems really hard to believe in.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Simplex posted:

I have no idea right why the Broncos didn't move Melvin Gordon and Jeudy today. I am absolutely certain the two of them are going to continue to be distractions down the backstretch, and just moving on would be better for both player and team.

Even a bad deal would be better than the status quo.

Melvin Gordon has no value, they couldn't trade him if they wanted to

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

While this is not exactly fair since you might as well work where you've got a good opportunity...as far as I can tell Josh McDaniels success as a coach while not coaching Tom Brady is starting off 6-0 with Kyle Orton on the Broncos (before finishing the season 8-8) and making Mac Jones as a rookie look pretty decent.

That second one is for real pretty impressive, so he's got that going for him and it was recent. But, uh yeah, removed from either Brady or Belichick he's been pretty damned bad. That year with the Rams, whew. I mean, yeah they weren't going anywhere anyway but he didn't cover himself in glory making them like the 20th offense in the league out of nothing showing his genius or anything like that. They were godawful and finished below 30 in a bunch of stuff. Just a miserable offense. Running injured Sam Bradford out there who could barely walk and throwing much more than you run when you had a still functional Steven Jackson on the team didn't help much.

Maybe he turns it around, I still think the Raiders are a pretty decent roster. But he seems really hard to believe in.

I really think Josh Mcdaniels is a great OC and a horrible HC

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

And Jeudy and Russell Wilson are starting to click. You don't want to take away options from Wilson while he learns to QB for Hackett and Hackett learns to develop and call plays for Wilson.

The goal for the rest of the season is to get experience for everyone involved in the offense.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I'm not convinced McDaniels is a great OC. Without Brady, his record at OC isn't all that good. The Cam Newton year and his year with the Rams were absolutely terrible. The Cassell year was impressive, but I think the Chiefs got a little more out of Cassell in 2010, albeit with a lot more time and in a less chaotic situation. His time as a head coach doesn't point to offensive genius either.

VVVVVV that too

acidx fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 2, 2022

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

acidx posted:

I'm not convinced McDaniels is a great OC. Without Brady, his record at OC isn't all that good. The Cam Newton year and his year with the Rams were absolutely terrible. The Cassell year was impressive, but I think the Chiefs got a little more out of Cassell in 2010, albeit with a lot more time and in a less chaotic situation. His time as a head coach doesn't point to offensive genius either.

He made Mac Jones look good

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Given the trades that did get made, and Denver's own desperate scrounging of Practice Squads around the league, I have a difficult time believing that.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
https://twitter.com/JeffreyEssary/status/1587566810307727361

It really is best case scenario. I still can't believe a team would let go of a first for him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

They would have made the playoffs each of the last 4 years if they wouldn't have games taken away from them.

Carr has been a top 10 QB his entire career, you need to get past your bias. This is a world where people think Dak or Murray are decent QBs; that's where the standard is.

Uh, that's exactly my point. Carr and Waller were big contributors last season and now they are not.

Renfrow, too.

acidx posted:

VVVVVV that too
We could of passed for 4,000 yards with Wes Welker and Randy Moss at WR. Cassel was a total mirage.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 2, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffreyEssary/status/1587566810307727361

It really is best case scenario. I still can't believe a team would let go of a first for him.

Three teams apparently. Shows how desperate the world is.

Denver crushed it. Miami overpaid by a healthy amount (should’ve been a 2 imo) as Inthink that San Fran pick will be in the high teens (17-19) but if it ends up being high 20s I guess that’s okay

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
kick the Raiders out of the NFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

5-3 baby

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/joshdubowap/status/1589369270160723968?s=46&t=U9nahUUZKVp5SAyj11ZUyA

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Can't believe Josh McDaniels sucks wow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Carr isn’t clutch.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Carr isn’t clutch.

Are you saying he's automatic?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
2 speed power glide at best

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chargers_Union/status/1589382602410295297

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Juju appreciation post, I always liked the dude and am happy to have him on the team. Seems like chemistry is building and he seems so reliable as a catcher.

Also, is it just chiefs fans who worry every single punt we field will be dropped or is that a universal thing?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I used to worry about that as a Broncos fan for years. But now it seems like we finally have someone reliable, and eventually that trauma fades a bit.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos didn't lose this week. I'm happy.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I would like to petition the NFL that the Kansas City Chiefs be given a loss for yesterday's game, as they made Patrick Mahomes throw the ball exactly 68 times. Their unwillingness to throw the ball one more time shows grotesque negligence that this league frankly cannot afford to condone. The Chiefs know better than this.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Since this forum is mostly dead, I occasionally pop in to the Raiders sub-reddit just to see more team specific discussions and these clowns are wanting Gruden to be re-hired by Mark Davis to "get back at the NFL" and they're defending his homophobic remarks as "just words"...I hate the internet

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
there is a bunch of wannabe stabby gangster dipshits in that Reddit. They deserve the coliseum urinal trough.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Juju O/U on TDs is 6.5.

I'll take the over.

lol just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1591904255962931200?t=0wFID5CcHxGkWC8BI1ia0Q&s=19