Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Issaries posted:

Double Terry:

That’s just a pile of fent you dumb fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy poo poo lol that's a reference

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Warbird posted:

That’s just a pile of fent you dumb fish

Good :acab:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Is Lena free to read online somewhere and can someone link it. Tia

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Code Jockey posted:

holy poo poo lol that's a reference
I am at the Planes of Oblivion on sexual business

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

kalel posted:

Is Lena free to read online somewhere and can someone link it. Tia

https://qntm.org/mmacevedo

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven

Sagebrush posted:

it applies to all of the senses. an extremely spicy hot sauce could be considered a taste-based cognitohazard. if someone with no sense of taste tried it, nothing would happen, because it doesn't cause any physical damage. the pain is all in the brain.

Any mammal, even without a tongue or sense of taste, can get damaged by a ghost pepper. Birds would be immune to a pepper cognitohazard since their bodies don't have capsaicin receptors.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

based

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bread Zeppelin posted:

Any mammal, even without a tongue or sense of taste, can get damaged by a ghost pepper. Birds would be immune to a pepper cognitohazard since their bodies don't have capsaicin receptors.

I made some salsa for my family but they all decided it was too spicy so after I had my bit my wife gave it to her chickens and they tore it up.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

marshmallow creep posted:

I made some salsa for my family but they all decided it was too spicy so after I had my bit my wife gave it to her chickens and they tore it up.

A friend saw a tip about mixing chili powder into bird feed to stop squirrels stealing it all from her bird table. It worked except for one critter who absolutely loved those spicy nuts.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

marshmallow creep posted:

Unironically tho

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Don't high enough concentrations of capsaicin cause chemical burns?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I had some ghost pepper sausage just like a week ago and it was fine going down, decently hot but not too bad

But then later that day at night I woke up suddenly and my stomach hurt and then I had to go up and sit on the toilet for like 20 minutes in the middle of the night, squeezing ghost pepper shitjuice out of a burning rear end in a top hat

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
https://imgur.com/9k94EyQ

Sound

Mild :nws:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

It worked except for one critter who absolutely loved those spicy nuts.

Yo me too.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was really worried about what that link would be given the recent conversation.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lol then if you've got kids you get to add in the pleasure of having them fight and generally be shits while you're cooking because they know you're busy, then tell you the meal you spent 2 hours preparing is disgusting and refuse to eat it, and also create even more poo poo for you to clean up :smithicide:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

bike tory posted:

lol then if you've got kids you get to add in the pleasure of having them fight and generally be shits while you're cooking because they know you're busy, then tell you the meal you spent 2 hours preparing is disgusting and refuse to eat it, and also create even more poo poo for you to clean up :smithicide:

breeders getting pwned again how surprising

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Life is full of pain and suffering, having children is a true and pure expression of existence. How could anyone deny themselves that experience?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Zereth posted:

Capsaicin doesn’t damage anything. For some people it causes GI distress, but it does not ever burn anything at all. If it did then these hot sauces that are 1,000 times the scoville of a jalapeño would just be caustic poison and wouldn’t exist as food products.

Also my chickens fuckin love peppers whether they are zero spice or insanely hot. All the same to them

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

what kind of driftwood is there except aquatic?

i have not hitherto noticed wood drifting in anything else but I suppose I do not live in florida.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

OwlFancier posted:

i have not hitherto noticed wood drifting in anything else but I suppose I do not live in florida.
Tumbleweed :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CBT Wednesdays my dudes

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

freeedr posted:

Capsaicin doesn’t damage anything. For some people it causes GI distress, but it does not ever burn anything at all. If it did then these hot sauces that are 1,000 times the scoville of a jalapeño would just be caustic poison and wouldn’t exist as food products.

Lmao if you think being literal actual poison would prevent people from buying and using it as a food product.

quote:

Also my chickens fuckin love peppers whether they are zero spice or insanely hot. All the same to them

They are psychically incapable of tasting the capsaicin, like all dinosaurs. It's quite a cool evolutionary thing, chillies apparently want to be spread far away by flying animals, but not so much locally by four legged losers. Too bad humans are masochists.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's aquatic in the sense of "intended for use as an aquatic decoration" like in fish tanks, ponds, water features etc rather than like as a decoration on a shelf or something

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Zereth posted:

Depends exactly what you mean because 'chemical burns' isn't a precise term. If you pepper spray mucous membranes or a cut, it'll trigger inflammation and pain. There's no direct damage from the capsaicin though. If you do that with concentrated lye, the lye will also cause damage separately from the inflammation damage

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BonHair posted:

Lmao if you think being literal actual poison would prevent people from buying and using it as a food product.

They are psychically incapable of tasting the capsaicin, like all dinosaurs. It's quite a cool evolutionary thing, chillies apparently want to be spread far away by flying animals, but not so much locally by four legged losers. Too bad humans are masochists.

Not too bad, peppers have secured their survival by becoming one of humanity's favorite pet plant species. So long as there are humans, there will continue to be peppers. I'd call that a successful occupation of an evolutionary niche.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

wait they didnt both do both to you?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

V good post thank you

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Thanks babe

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

bike tory posted:

Life is full of pain and suffering, having children is a true and pure expression of existence. How could anyone deny themselves that experience?

sometimes they don'ty come back though and this is from where my abandonment issues stem.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

For whoever needs to hear this today

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hand to hand is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

flavor.flv posted:

For whoever needs to hear this today

This was almost verbatim part of the active shooter training at the school I worked at.

"Just throw textbooks at him until he goes away"