Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

retweet latest elon twett for access to Reverse-mode™ for 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i have a feeling he might see some success because chuds like to throw money at dumb poo poo, but reoccurring? probably people dropping off after a month or two because they could get hulu or netflix or something instead

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

i have a feeling he might see some success because chuds like to throw money at dumb poo poo, but reoccurring? probably people dropping off after a month or two because they could get hulu or netflix or something instead

Yeah but despite that Chuds are not a reliable source of income.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Sentient Data posted:

The tesla app now requires twitter blue to log in or perform any actions

I can 100% see a paid Tesla add-on that gives the owner a ton of worthless poo poo on Twitter.

And a scrolling twitter feed on the center console so the driver can keep up to date while Auto-Pilot drives runs over children and bollards.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

What if we took everything that made Twitter Twitter, and stopped doing that?

This is like when newspapers 20 years ago thought charging $5 for a glossier broadsheet with 10x more adds for wristwatches would save them.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

CommieGIR posted:

My friend in Christ you need to sit down and hear about this whole industry you are completely unaware of.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

kazil posted:

this is easily the dumbest idea musk has had until his next one

lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t get why he thinks this will do anything for spam

The vast majority of users are unverified this does nothing outside the very top end

I know why

Hes loving stupid

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

bird with big dick posted:

I know why

Hes loving stupid

:monocle:

Breaking news in the Elon thread

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Slotducks posted:

5 days in and he's already lost Catturd™
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1587805604818526210

drat homie

Face melted nazi opening ark of the covenant: OK well, this is bullshit

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DrPossum posted:

My friend in Christ you need to sit down and hear about this whole industry you are completely unaware of.

Okay maybe I'm oversimplifying: Twitter isn't a grift and I doubt Elon is gonna go MAGA enough to get it to grift stage of income.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CommieGIR posted:

This is the real reason they don't have cultural hegemony

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Slotducks posted:

drat homie

has he actually formed this moderation council or announced anything about who will be on it yet
or is catturd mad that the current moderation scheme still punishes people for saying the nword

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

has he actually formed this moderation council or announced anything about who will be on it yet
or is catturd mad that the current moderation scheme still punishes people for saying the nword

Do they do that still?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Slotducks posted:

drat homie

isn't this the guy that started out as some fart fetish account and somehow swerved into MAGA

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'm in the council, but we can't do anything yet until the robes are delivered.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

as tehy say as catturd goes, so goes teh nation

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ok i figured it out, he rted a thread about the current head of twitter HSI calling jan 6 insurrectionists nazis
so his main complaint is that the Deep Twit is not pro-insurrection

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587523701452464131?s=20&t=ImxUabM22paplt5HQB35JQ

"Comedy is now legal on Twitter".

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CommieGIR posted:

Okay maybe I'm oversimplifying: Twitter isn't a grift and I doubt Elon is gonna go MAGA enough to get it to grift stage of income.

guy who's been repeatedly sued / fined by the SEC: not a grifter

but yeah the MAGA chuds are small potatoes for Musk. Trump and friends doing Truth social stand to make several hundred million (in stock value) if it all works out for them, and it's unlikely they can unload at anywhere near full value. I don't think you can make $44 billion by fleecing them.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I mean at least tuck in your shirt dude

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm on pretty good odds of getting Alzheimer's and my liver will self destruct from family genes. But the one thing I know is I will not lose any hair period. No male on either side of the family ever lost hair. Just thick, greaseball hair.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I bet he takes over 50%. For processing costs.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

They should throw the paywall up just when the videos start buffering, genius to implement that buffer at 5 seconds a few weeks early

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

goatface posted:

I bet he takes over 50%. For processing costs.

He's personally supervising each line of code by hand, he deserves more than 50%

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

greazeball posted:

They should throw the paywall up just when the videos start buffering, genius to implement that buffer at 5 seconds a few weeks early

lol this is the way, don't show anything on any videos until you click, they play 5 seconds, and UNLOCK THIS VIDEO NOW!

that'd be smart

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I believe in Elon Musk's crotch.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Another case of buncha crontch looks that

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Klyith posted:

guy who's been repeatedly sued / fined by the SEC: not a grifter

but yeah the MAGA chuds are small potatoes for Musk. Trump and friends doing Truth social stand to make several hundred million (in stock value) if it all works out for them, and it's unlikely they can unload at anywhere near full value. I don't think you can make $44 billion by fleecing them.

I was just reading about those traveling "reawaken america" tours that are a mix of christian revival/qanon/maga/anti-vax ingredients. The dude who runs those holds two a month and tickets start at $250 a pop. One of the vendors there sells "vibrating platforms" that you stand on to lose weight and be healed of whatever. They sell for $3,500 and they sell several hundred of them per month. Sooooo

It is almost impossibly easy to fleece fanatics and sycophants, but even then, $44b is a tall order.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I made a twitter account specifically to read threads on the Ukraine war. Didn't know I was getting in on the ground floor of a halfwit billionaire running the whole place into the ground. :munch:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Buce posted:

It is almost impossibly easy to fleece fanatics and sycophants, but even then, $44b is a tall order.

I don't think all of them are hicks, there's probably a decent chunk who buy this stuff purely to show their loyalty.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Your Tesla will still work if you don't pay for the subscription, but it is limited to 10mph and all the computer features are locked out and it just scrolls twitter. The ad videos auto play.

Can pay for different subscription tiers to unlock higher speeds and features like A/C.

On the Super Deluxe Emperor tier, the car will deliberately attempt to run over darker skinned children, then zoom away at maximum speed. You don't even have to lift a finger, the car does it all for you. Best part is, if the cops actually catch you and care, you just blame it on the autopilot "malfunctioning".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I had a twitter account once, all I used it for was insulting cricket commentators.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

The Butcher posted:

Your Tesla will still work if you don't pay for the subscription, but it is limited to 10mph and all the computer features are locked out and it just scrolls twitter. The ad videos auto play.

Can pay for different subscription tiers to unlock higher speeds and features like A/C.

On the Super Deluxe Emperor tier, the car will deliberately attempt to run over darker skinned children, then zoom away at maximum speed. You don't even have to lift a finger, the car does it all for you. Best part is, if the cops actually catch you and care, you just blame it on the autopilot "malfunctioning".

These are the same cars that literally disengage autopilot a fraction of a second before a collision to ensure the liability rests solely on the diver’s shoulders. It’s probably the most vetted and tested software feature in the whole fricking car.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Almost Smart posted:

These are the same cars that literally disengage autopilot a fraction of a second before a collision to ensure the liability rests solely on the diver’s shoulders.

Yep, that sounds like something ol' Musky came up with alright.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

he's said civil rights groups will be on it

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587668703834955778
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587670513819729920

the replies sure are something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Didn’t one of the far right dudes just got let back on like the day after he took over

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

"I don't see American flags on their profiles, so it isn't real diversity!" is my favorite so far.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Didn’t one of the far right dudes just got let back on like the day after he took over

Yup. A few actually. And always worth remembering that Elon himself has openly stated the GOP is his choice of "Moderate Party"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CommieGIR posted:

Yup. A few actually. And always worth remembering that Elon himself has openly stated the GOP is his choice of "Moderate Party"

Feels more like his loyality is to whoever would give him that sweet sweet government money.