Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

Can't speak for anybody else here, but I very much don't want the GOP to win. I do, however, want the Dems to be destroyed. It sucks rear end that, because of how our political system was designed here, the latter implies the former, but it is what it is.

If you want someone to hold an elected office, vote for them. If there isn't anyone you like, don't vote.

Strategic voting sucks. Don't do it. Anyone who blames you for the results can get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

super sweet best pal posted:

And what's wrong with being a lawless rioter?

As soon as polls came out showing middle class agreement with the message of the protests, the "lawless rioter" memes emerged to use property destruction and racist/classist depictions of poor people to pound the wedge back in.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

What's their message? "Everything's great right now, but we'll think about doing something that helps you if you vote for us?"

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 13:48 on Nov 2, 2022

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nothus posted:

As soon as polls came out showing middle class agreement with the message of the protests, the "lawless rioter" memes emerged to use property destruction and racist/classist depictions of poor people to pound the wedge back in.

iirc there was nonstop pearl clutching about how san francisco cvs stores are completely picked over by shoplifters

like everyone and their mom was very concerned about shrinkage

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Business Gorillas posted:

What's their message? "Everything's great right now, but we'll think about doing something that helps you if you vote for us?"

it's more along the lines of "gently caress you if you don't think everything is great right now, we gave you $2000 checks and student loan relief, get back to the office serf" and a link to some dogshit infographic touting biden's accomplishments that gets shared around on twitter

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Business Gorillas posted:

It's even worse, their message is "look at how great we've made your lives", they're not talking about the future except for the ones who are talking about codifying roe, that is literally the only forward looking message they're giving

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/aclupa/status/1587566571593125889?s=20&t=mHEIuKBrW_sgOYO5IyMI_w

Mail-in ballots have been a real shitshow in PA, and now the state supreme court has made sure many of them aren't going be counted.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im looking forward to the end of elections

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/aclupa/status/1587566571593125889?s=20&t=mHEIuKBrW_sgOYO5IyMI_w

Mail-in ballots have been a real shitshow in PA, and now the state supreme court has made sure many of them aren't going be counted.

I honestly thought Fetterman was going to win for most of this campaign.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm pretty sure the Ohio dems are just sending me veiled threats in the mail now. Things must be looking good.

THIS IS THE VOTIAC SPEAKING

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

im looking forward to the end of elections

big circle for “Ja” and little circle for “Nein”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

I honestly thought Fetterman was going to win for most of this campaign.

there are several senate races in which the dem candidate looked sure to win as of a couple months ago and yet is now tied or losing:

* NV
* AZ
* NH
* PA
* GA

then there were the brief spurts of motion toward dem senate candidates that haven't lasted:

* FL
* WI

then there are some states that should be locks for dems but are uncomfortably close:

* MI (gov)
* NY (gov)
* NM (gov)

in short: dems are going to be schlonged next tuesday.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Willa you forgot the Oregon gov race being close, so it's even worse hahahahahahdjfk free nxkekfkdlflr

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if they honestly lose some of these supposed deep blue states they really are doomed at least for the 2024 election which is probably the last one they have a chance of even winning once the chuds pass their neat voting laws they want.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

Willa you forgot the Oregon gov race being close, so it's even worse hahahahahahdjfk free nxkekfkdlflr

oh yah, lol, that's a big one, too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Phone posted:

it's more along the lines of "gently caress you if you don't think everything is great right now, we gave you $2000 checks and student loan relief, get back to the office serf" and a link to some dogshit infographic touting biden's accomplishments that gets shared around on twitter

i wonder how many voters are angry that biden took away the extremely generous Trump broadband credit and november 1st was the first day the higher bills went into effect. i know i am!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

HallelujahLee posted:

if they honestly lose some of these supposed deep blue states they really are doomed at least for the 2024 election which is probably the last one they have a chance of even winning once the chuds pass their neat voting laws they want.

isn't SCOTUS hearing a case about allowing state legislatures to control elections? lol if that decision lands and goes into effect before the 2024 election.

these midterms might the last functional election, that is to say elections as we knew them - however I am getting spooky feelings about the upcoming one, i.e. "poll guardians", violence, missing ballots, lawsuit victories for GOP, refusal of certification, candidates not conceding, etc. etc.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

isn't SCOTUS hearing a case about allowing state legislatures to control elections? lol if that decision lands and goes into effect before the 2024 election.

these midterms might the last functional election, that is to say elections as we knew them - however I am getting spooky feelings about the upcoming one, i.e. "poll guardians", violence, missing ballots, lawsuit victories for GOP, refusal of certification, candidates not conceding, etc. etc.

yeah their supposed to hear the case this year i think?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

next Tuesday is going to be so funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah their supposed to hear the case this year i think?

Arguments scheduled for December yeah https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/10/december-argument-session-will-feature-divisive-cases-on-election-law-first-amendment/

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

oh goody

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

there are several senate races in which the dem candidate looked sure to win as of a couple months ago and yet is now tied or losing:

* NV
* AZ
* NH
* PA
* GA

then there were the brief spurts of motion toward dem senate candidates that haven't lasted:

* FL
* WI

then there are some states that should be locks for dems but are uncomfortably close:

* MI (gov)
* NY (gov)
* NM (gov)

I feel like you could probably throw WA Senate in at least the third category.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

yeah, blake masters i think is too much of an effete city boy to try it but if lake and/or finchem manage to lose in AZ they're gonna make the posse comitatus great again

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
What the gently caress? I thought Pennsylvania had a liberal majority on its state supreme court?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

What the gently caress? I thought Pennsylvania had a liberal majority on its state supreme court?

So close to getting it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

today we're going to learn how to spell "controlled opposition"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

down a member currently because the chief justice literally just dropped dead a month before retirement, and one of the dems sided with the republicans

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Republicans are dumber than Dems on average -- maybe it backfires bc the dems filled out the date lol

I mean, I'm assuming that there is a stated place on the envelope to put the date?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

I feel like you could probably throw WA Senate in at least the third category.

yep, that one too.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
lol look at you chumps, believing the terribad polls thrown into the lot by the GOP at the last minute

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Tarnop posted:

So close to getting it

so close yet so far

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Polls are fake, the President's party almost always loses seats during the midterm. Question is just how big will the red wave be?

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

its so hosed that they do elections on week nights

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

THS2 posted:

its so hosed that they do elections on week nights

i didn't notice this time since in st louis they let you just do the early voting everywhere this time, unlike 2020 lol

so i went in to vote yes on recreational marijuana and write in hillary clinton 12 times, which is not nearly enough to represent how much her turn it is but it's the number i was provided

voting is like a bus and i want to take the #12 to hillary

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Republicans are dumber than Dems on average -- maybe it backfires bc the dems filled out the date lol

I mean, I'm assuming that there is a stated place on the envelope to put the date?

i think mail in votes are way more likely to be democratic votes in a lot of places

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol look at you chumps, believing the terribad polls thrown into the lot by the GOP at the last minute

dnd's been unskewing the trafalgar polls for months now bc it was the only outlet to show some of these races as competitive. The excuse is that trafalgar always adjusts the GOP results downward as election day nears.

but I think that instead we're gonna see why trafalgar is rated A- by 538.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

i think mail in votes are way more likely to be democratic votes in a lot of places

likely, but here's the thing: party registration doesn't necessarily mean party dominance or results.

until very recently, eg, I'm p. sure that FL had more registered dem voters than republican, but it's been like 10 years since a dem won a statewide race there.

and that's leaving aside how indies are breaking for the gop 75 percent in some races, when they titled dem & helped elect biden just two years ago.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tarnop posted:

So close to getting it

He never will and it's intentional

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

* NV
* AZ
* NH
* PA
* GA

* FL
* WI

* MI (gov)
* NY (gov)
* NM (gov)
* WA (senate)

Related, Nate threw in the towel. House currently 85% chance of going GOP, Senate currently 53% (first time since July he's had them with a stronger-than-1 chance of getting the latter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Related, Nate threw in the towel. House currently 85% chance of going GOP, Senate currently 53% (first time since July he's had them with a stronger-than-1 chance of getting the latter)