Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Dongicus posted:

Topic: its severely undocumented how loving dumb TVIV is. people not knowing a character called stormfront may be a nazi, mike ehrmantrauts ghost making walter white talk with his voice etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Violen posted:

just watch zullie op

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

qnqnx posted:

Can we wordfilter out "namaste" please

inshallah

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

-I finally acquired the XBOX.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ulvir posted:

inshallah

cool and good

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
owns owns owns

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seJJs-vZBDo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

cool and good

bad shoot

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

in tyool 2022 :rolleyes:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Nuns with Guns posted:

I think the part of TP I liked the most was the dungeon where you get the ride-able spinning gear top tool. I wish there were more opportunities to use that outside that dungeon because the puzzles involving it were really fun. I don't remember much else though, besides Malo being the best character.

It shows up in Hyrule Warriors as a weapon and it's great because it's so weird and gimmicky. Which is a lot of that game's weapons and why that game rules.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

rodbeard posted:

Yeah a lot of doxxing material shows up on Google because of the helldump goldmine being viewable without logging in.

Couldn't that be changed? Or is there some weird Radium thing where the goldmines can't be behind the paywall?

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

It's got to be incredibly depressing to realize your fanbase, of a long fantasy novel series, is functionally illiterate.

i think im built different ive only read game of thrones once, in 2007, after borrowing from the library, and i instantly realized after reading about ned having nightmares about lyanna begging ned for a promise from a bloody bed that jon snow was lyanna's and rhaegar's son

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

you do not, in fact, have to give it to them

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Big Mad Drongo posted:

It shows up in Hyrule Warriors as a weapon and it's great because it's so weird and gimmicky. Which is a lot of that game's weapons and why that game rules.

Is the sequel any good, I was thinking about it but part of what I liked about the first one was the wackiness of having like twenty weird characters with strange weapons, and the botw one looked a lot more "grounded" and story based if you know what I mean

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the only word filter they should do is """"jokes""" to jokes

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

WarpDogs posted:

are there any goon FF14 sagas that are funny? every so often I see what I assume is FF14 topic drama bleed into other places, and it's always some batshit thing like genocide apologia or pedophilia inferences based on gnomes and elf boys. always seems absolutely wild

i know there was some fracture meme some years back where someone bought several posters in the thread avatars and custom text, but i can't remember exactly how it played out

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it led to a bunch of people getting Riker avs

that's it

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

it was a neverending slapfight over whether you should use one of your Marauder abilities or not and was just extremely tedious and annoying to read

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not so much a saga but a pretty funny exchange,

quote:

Is there a free VPN that is worth anything, or are they all just scams? I’ve been IP banned from Reddit for over a year now and my appeals have been rejected (ban evasion in r:trains, long story) so I figure I’d take matters into my own hands since I’ve served my time.

I don’t mind paying for one with a steep discount, but I might as well exhaust other options first.

quote:

Gonna need that story hoss

quote:

How mad about trains were you? :stare:

quote:

Making multiple accounts to post on a subreddit you’ve been banned from, apparently.

I don’t want to get too deep into the details, but my mistake was logging into an app connected with my r/trains accounts to call Sam Hyde a gross unfunny creep. If I had to guess how they snagged me, I mean. I think my post was interpreted to be at the OP but I was really just commenting on that big headed weirdo.

I actually like them! Suffice it to say that r trains and I have opposing opinions on the aesthetics of box cars.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol. there's 0 percent chance that guy is not a freak

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

lol

Boss Nas
Oct 25, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
the train rage overtook him

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

lol. there's 0 percent chance that guy is not a freak

Absolutely

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Suffice it to say that r trains and I have opposing opinions on the aesthetics of box cars.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

my r/trains accounts

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Suffice it to say that r trains and I have opposing opinions on the aesthetics of box cars.

Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unfortunately the cowardly r/trains mods did not take kindly to my Sam Hyde related schizoposting. Can some kind goon sir point me out a good tool to prove to the reddit mods that they were right.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It takes a lot of work to get run out of Reddit on a rail.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Brother Jonathon?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

CountryMatters posted:

Is the sequel any good, I was thinking about it but part of what I liked about the first one was the wackiness of having like twenty weird characters with strange weapons, and the botw one looked a lot more "grounded" and story based if you know what I mean

I actually haven't played it yet for the same reasons. From what I've read it's good and even though it has fewer weapons each one has more variety, they fixed the dumb item system and weakpoints are less obnoxious. I'm planning on trying it eventually but it's not the same without being able to play as any of the third-tier NPCs or bust out the Windfish as a giant nuke so I'm waiting until there's a sale (lol Nintendo) or I really, really want to play a Musou.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

CountryMatters posted:

Age of Calamity is 100% a love letter to BOTW specifically. If you played BOTW and liked it you’ll probably like AOC, it has what I consider some of the best cutscenes in the franchise

There was a demo available when it first came out, if that’s still available give it a try, it’ll give you a good idea of what to expect

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fsmhunk posted:

Thinking of that one goon who wrote an insane series of post saying that pretty much all JRPGs were secretely the work of a trans woman that didn't actually exist. If you're wondering if people got probed for saying it was crazy, you bet your rear end they did lol.
i got probed for trying to tell the op about actual trans women who worked in the jp games industry in the 90s

did you know star cruiser's lead dev was a trans woman? that was a cool game. kotori yoshimura is rad. she worked on thunder force also.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 2, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bc-adLTbsQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

how did I never know about this