Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Upsidads posted:

All this has taught me is that Tesla AI can place in NASCAR today.

There aren't enough kids on the track for them to drive into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

I'd go the opposite direction, I don't like that clinical blue-light in my home lighting at all. I've vastly preferred the softer LED bulbs, including the fake filament ones.

Also blue light is bad for your circadian rhythm at night.

I switched to LED for my bedroom and just bought the basic blue-white bulb. The brightness and stark white were so harsh I immediately threw them out and got the incandescent-color bulbs. Everything looked wrong and painful.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I broke the glass around the LED bulb in my fridge and it still works fine even with the sharp jagged edges.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Doctor Butts posted:

There aren't enough kids on the track for them to drive into.

They’ll solve it in a similar way to how they do greyhound races: put a cardboard cutout of a kid on a track alongside the racing lanes.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I live near a specific location where in one view, you can see high pressure sodium, low pressure sodium, warm white (i think) LED and red-green 'environmentally friendly' LED lamps (though those are pretty distant).
I intend to go out at night some day to take a picture of them. My city has used the low pressure sodium for incredibly long. I've never seen them broken, while the high pressure ones just start cycling on and off after a while.
They just replaced one street's low pressure sodium lamps a month ago, with LED.

Walk 2 minutes, and you get TL street lamps and mercury lamps from a nearby school too. It's pretty cool to see all the different ones in such a small area.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
https://twitter.com/brians_profile/status/1587842556905259009?s=20&t=1uFxIsCCDZr3_O7VsnBjiA

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Ror posted:

Never forget the glorious AI performance during Roborace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fdUx6d4QM

That can't be a real thing. It's too perfect.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ror posted:

Never forget the glorious AI performance during Roborace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fdUx6d4QM

Maybe they should've based the training data on someone other than Dale Earnhardt

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I have a really old and "crappy" CFL bulb in my bedside table lamp and I am going to be really sad when it goes out. It takes a few minutes to get to full brightness, which sucks except when you turn on the light in the middle of the night. I never have to cover my eyes to keep from going blind.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Greatest Living Man posted:

Either that or it's due to the phosphorescent material they use to make white light LEDs:

they generally use Ce:YAG for that, which doesn't really have appreciable phosphorescence (if you blast it with UV and utterly saturate it it'll be slightly visible in a pitch black room - nowhere near the lingering brightness of a LED bulb).

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wUIJJpvcE

Holy crap, what was in the back of this truck? Oxygen bottles?

OSHA is for the dude filming this from 200ft away lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nice little zoomy at 3:18

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Stopping on the highway is also incredibly OSHA. Even if you stop on the hard shoulder it's incredibly dangerous.
I stopped once to check in with a biker who had trouble with his 1950s british bike (what else lol). I watched out for him while he tried to get his chain back on. He eventually gave up, but i had to instruct him to hop over the crash barrier/guard rail and not just stand next to his bike along an active highway...

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Another big one at 7:11 some of those those canisters really fly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

holtemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wUIJJpvcE

Holy crap, what was in the back of this truck? Oxygen bottles?

Propane, maybe?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

LimaBiker posted:

Stopping on the highway is also incredibly OSHA. Even if you stop on the hard shoulder it's incredibly dangerous.
I stopped once to check in with a biker who had trouble with his 1950s british bike (what else lol). I watched out for him while he tried to get his chain back on. He eventually gave up, but i had to instruct him to hop over the crash barrier/guard rail and not just stand next to his bike along an active highway...

I ended up in an accident because a mattress fell off a truck and took down a guy on a motorcycle. The rest of their bike gang turned around and drove the opposite direction on a freeway, at night, to help their buddy. The car in front of me slammed the brakes when they saw them approaching and forced me to stop too, so then I got clipped from behind, destroying the driver side of my car. The person just kept going, so fast I couldn't even tell the make of the sedan. No injuries that I know of, but the wheel was mangled and the tire had a fist-sized clean-edged hole in it.

Don't stop in 70-80 mph traffic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LimaBiker posted:

Lol, I was getting mad at the drivers pulling over to the tiny inside shoulder at the start, then I remembered the person holding the camera was already just chilling there

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

gbut posted:

Don't stop in 70-80 mph traffic.

A couple weeks ago in MA I saw some cars ahead swerving to avoid something in the road, as I came up to it it turned out to be someone's foot long pet chameleon trying to cross the highway. As much as I wanted to stop and rescue the thing I knew that stopping there and especially going into the road there was extremely dangerous and didn't attempt it. Hope the little guy made it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/loazM0a.mp4

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

A couple weeks ago in MA I saw some cars ahead swerving to avoid something in the road, as I came up to it it turned out to be someone's foot long pet chameleon trying to cross the highway. As much as I wanted to stop and rescue the thing I knew that stopping there and especially going into the road there was extremely dangerous and didn't attempt it. Hope the little guy made it.

Details are a bit hazy, but like 10 or so years ago, someone stopped their car in the fast lane on the highway to help a family of ducks or some poo poo and they got rear ended by a motorcycle and the motorcycle people died.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

When I first started driving in the US, the most terrifying thing to me was the zip merge. I was used to yielding when merging to a freeway, like a good little Yuro. It instantly taught me that the American freeways are death traps waiting to devour you during your compulsory commute, and that you gotta go fast or else.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SuddenCactus posted:

Why do we not have drones that can do this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dutS0XMBmrE

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Well we've still got a long way to go with that one, it seems.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Speaker posted:

Well we've still got a long way to go with that one, it seems.

On the contrary, that looks like it's an AI script away from being able to paint a dong on anything.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I think it might be in the works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rTBf2LI24k

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

PainterofCrap posted:

Oh, it was an old dry tree.

Fresh, well-watered trees are still loaded with dry pine needles; once they ignite & start cooking the ‘fresh’ needles (that are loaded with sap) the sap starts boiling & once that lights, it’s a hotter, more durable fire than a dried-out tree.

I still use a live tree.

https://www.nist.gov/video/christmas-tree-fire-watered-tree-vs-dry-tree
Amazing video

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/SwQyBoJ.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
lmao his bike had a little parachute too

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Bike is safe!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
every bike should have a parachute

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

gbut posted:

When I first started driving in the US, the most terrifying thing to me was the zip merge. I was used to yielding when merging to a freeway, like a good little Yuro. It instantly taught me that the American freeways are death traps waiting to devour you during your compulsory commute, and that you gotta go fast or else.

I've lived here all my life and I still can't get used to it, basically everything else I do in driving revolves around planning ahead and acting early because you assume every other driver is going to be selfish and acting purely for themselves.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've lived here all my life and I still can't get used to it, basically everything else I do in driving revolves around planning ahead and acting early because you assume every other driver is going to be selfish and acting purely for themselves.
The Driver's Dilemma

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Flashbacks to playing Motorcross Madness

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

ded posted:

every bike should have a parachute

Bike frame parachutes make no sense and here's 5 paragraphs why while citing one extreme example.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/G7EnQuf.mp4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Why does the video quality keep changing so mu- NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

it's only medium spicy, just don't inhale or eat it

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The forbidden fleshlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Captain Hygiene posted:

I do the opposite of that so those fuckers will never expect it, eat poo poo losers!