Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Guy who works for the Ringer helpfully informing people if you criticize wrestlers they won't be your friend.

https://twitter.com/CeeHawk/status/1587086680963547137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Takuan posted:

Sourced from a dwindling discord for a niche japanese wrestling game

Out of all of this complaining about Bryan vs Suzuki hits me as the most staggering.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

so which dumbass wrestling personality decided to describe the head of legal as a valet because that's some serious levels of twisting poo poo to suit a narrative. what does 'off screen valet' even mean.

They mean Brandon Cutler

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

They mean Brandon Cutler

Ah, good call, I thought the same thing as luigi. What a horribly phrased sentence.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

1glitch0 posted:

Out of all of this complaining about Bryan vs Suzuki hits me as the most staggering.

Same. That match was loving awesome. I mean I get that strong style isn't for everyone but that was my personal moty for 2021

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Pylons posted:

"Off screen valet"

I despise the term 'keep in mind'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

They mean Brandon Cutler

He's really more of an off screen butler or personal assistance

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
(deleted)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 1, 2022

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MassRafTer posted:

Guy who works for the Ringer helpfully informing people if you criticize wrestlers they won't be your friend.

https://twitter.com/CeeHawk/status/1587086680963547137

This seems like good advice for someone who aspires to make a living via having access to wrestlers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe it’s just me but that tweet about Carmella feels like gross poo poo nobody should have to see. Let this be a place to dunk on idiots, not see some rear end in a top hat feast on someone’s trauma.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just delete that poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, that dude is promoting his conspiracy brained movie with that tweet too. It's not really funny, just a gross grifter

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe it’s just me but that tweet about Carmella feels like gross poo poo nobody should have to see. Let this be a place to dunk on idiots, not see some rear end in a top hat feast on someone’s trauma.

yeah, that is a twitter account advertising for some antivax movie or documentary or some poo poo that is advertising through claiming everyone who has ever died unexpectedly is because of the covid vaccine. its loving monstrous

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Deleted. Please think more about the content you post here.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I don't know what tweet it was but I think I know because I saw a tweet about that subject earlier and was like yeah nah this is too bad for the bad thread

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think we've reached Peak Snob.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

flashy_mcflash posted:

graphic design is my passion

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

flashy_mcflash posted:

the last thing you post before you brain the 80 year old spouse of a sitting congressperson with a hammer

adam should be on a list

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
choreografed

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cult of Pies posted:

choreografed

Ahh yes, the famous no gimmicks all work rate Billy Gunn, The rear end Man.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Billy Gunn’s greatest contribution to the business remains that one time The Rock sang “I’m an rear end in a top hat” to the tune of his theme

bartok
May 10, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Billy Gunn’s greatest contribution to the business remains that one time The Rock sang “I’m an rear end in a top hat” to the tune of his theme

I think Scissor Me Daddy rear end trumps his entire WWF run.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

counterpoint: Scissor Me, Daddy rear end

e: f, b lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cult of Pies posted:

choreografed

I too think that six star Kenneth Omega, the Best Bout Machine who has wrestled in front of a packed Tokyo Dome crowd red-hot for him, should ask for advice on how to get over from either of the Smokin’ Gunns

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Smokin Asses

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

I too think that six star Kenneth Omega, the Best Bout Machine who has wrestled in front of a packed Tokyo Dome crowd red-hot for him, should ask for advice on how to get over from either of the Smokin’ Gunns

He could probably learn some things from Billy since Billy is currently more over. No one should be so arrogant to think they are above learning from experience.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
In 100 Years, Kenny Omega will be wrestling trivia about who got more match stars.

People will still be singing rear end Man

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

That says more about Jim Johnston than it does about Monty Kip Billy James Gunn

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

He could probably learn some things from Billy since Billy is currently more over. No one should be so arrogant to think they are above learning from experience.

Honestly Billy Gunn would be in the shortlist of wrestlers actively working who I would go to for advice on how to get over.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Then he should go talk to Caster and Bowens because i put the overness entirely on them :colbert:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bartok posted:

I think Scissor Me Daddy rear end trumps his entire WWF run.

Seriously, Billy Gunn is great now. Probably one of the most unexpected late career renaissances we've seen in a while.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Then he should go talk to Caster and Bowens because i put the overness entirely on them :colbert:

drat , someone isn’t a fanhausen.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

rotinaj posted:

Knowing who to hitch your wagon to is a skill, he and his boys would still be dark exclusive, but they wound up teamed with and/or feuding with three of the most popular AEW wrestlers and got tv matches and ppv buyins out of it.

Also man does facebook scrape literally all text on your phone, I read those comments about the humman dude today and less than 3 hours later I'm getting suggested posts of him

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

HonorableTB posted:

Honestly Billy Gunn would be in the shortlist of wrestlers actively working who I would go to for advice on how to get over.

lol fr? He's awesome right now but dude has been over like 4 total years in his 30 year career.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

lol fr? He's awesome right now but dude has been over like 4 total years in his 30 year career.

With three of those years actually belonging to Road Dogg, and one thus far belonging to Caster and Bowens.

Daddy rear end is a phenomenal wrestler and a credit to his skill that he can go at this high a level this many years later, but the dude never got himself over imo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

rotinaj posted:

With three of those years actually belonging to Road Dogg, and one thus far belonging to Caster and Bowens.

Daddy rear end is a phenomenal wrestler and a credit to his skill that he can go at this high a level this many years later, but the dude never got himself over imo

He absolutely got himself over doing the exact thing he's doing right now, lmao

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

I would not say "phenomenal". He's fine and always has been, but has never been great and has routinely struck out on his own/as a singles guy (Rockabilly, The One, whatever else he did in WWF/E outside of the New Age Outlaws). I think he probably has a really great mind for the business just from being around for so long and being involved in some pretty huge moments, even if he himself wasn't always the one responsible for them.

It is nuts that he still looks the way he does and can move the way he does for a dude his age, though.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Somebody has obviously never seen Show-Gunns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Somebody has obviously never seen Show-Gunns.

He was better without big show because his solo music at that time was p. fun