Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Brute Squad posted:

Anyone remember a thread from jeff or astral going through the old radium code and finding horrors? I can't find a link to it.

Do you mean the one with log messages like “warning: you are gay”

I sort of thought that was Lowtax, but I remember astral had a shitshow thread in the tech support forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tetramin posted:

Do you mean the one with log messages like “warning: you are gay”

klmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

I like it when the insane freaks are perma'd and I also like it when a bunch of people start making insane speeches like the drat roman senate 😈

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah for some reason he's been mod for a while

it's his divine punishment for previously hanging up his buttons

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
somewhere out there the shitest discord server imaginable is having a very special day

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Brute Squad posted:

Anyone remember a thread from jeff or astral going through the old radium code and finding horrors? I can't find a link to it.

This one? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916312&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Can we ban people who like dubs.

[Taps Yakuza thread title]

Ya agreed

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

more falafel please posted:

whoever runs your mastodon instance can see all your data including PMs etc

wait seriously? lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
So Mastodon is to social media what the Plinkey goon fund is to charity by the sounds of it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lolling at Jeff looking at the gbs Ukraine thread one time ever and immediately going :blastu:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

some plague rats posted:

lolling at Jeff looking at the gbs Ukraine thread one time ever and immediately going :blastu:

lol grats on the new red text

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

drat they finally did something about the freak threads. Good on them for that

some plague rats posted:

Sick red text

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

some plague rats posted:

Lmao it was probably the rent free lunch post that got you this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dongicus posted:

I'm the most unfunny toxic shithead on this Godforsaken site. I need therapy and meds, not a 'post' button

:dafuq:

Psycho Landlord posted:

lol must be

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Genuinely lolled that someone spent money to defend the honour of loving tintower. Good god

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I love this website dude

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i watched spirited away in english this morning

it owned

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

wait what the gently caress

I thought that literally part of the pitch was that it was E2E encrypted?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
"Imagine if your student dorm could run your own copy of twitter, with your own users and rules and so on. And your girlfriend’s commune could run their own smol twitter themselves. And your twitter sites can communicate and interact."

Time works the same way

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lowtax's idea of SA as anti-social media, that was a good bit

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I checked out Mastodon a few years ago but didn't even get far enough to make an account because everything I read about Mastodon seemed dumb as gently caress.

If I truly find a reason to leave twitter I will not look for a replacement. It'd be like trading a turd for an open source turd and at that point you might as well just not.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psycho Landlord posted:

[Morpheus voice] show me

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lmao if true

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

IGgy IGsen posted:

I checked out Mastodon a few years ago but didn't even get far enough to make an account because everything I read about Mastodon seemed dumb as gently caress.

If I truly find a reason to leave twitter I will not look for a replacement. It'd be like trading a turd for an open source turd and at that point you might as well just not.

a lot of my friends and orgs I’m with use Twitter. i dunno, it took me awhile (2018!!) to delete my Facebook for a similar reason

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
took a gander at qcs and all i really have to say is this is what happens when you confuse an ongoing thing for a good topic of discussion lol. there's absolutely nothing to talk about besides stating your opinion, which is likely to be completely incompatible with someone else's and make you sound like you're crazy. idk why the mods even let people discuss it at all lol. there's nothing to say- you're not gonna convince, say, a commie like me that NATO involving itself is ever positive. you'll just piss me off more. so why the gently caress would you want to let people have conversations like that lol?

also unlike an ongoing natural disaster or something which is bad for the people involved and kind of upsetting, they aren't a loving war which even limited ones are just endless parades of suffering on the news lol. following one halfway around the world every day seems like a quick way to melt your brain. there is no aspect of this which is suited for posting about online lol.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they need to ban the politics threads and forums until they figure out what it is that makes people post that badly in qcs

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

took a gander at qcs and all i really have to say is this is what happens when you confuse an ongoing thing for a good topic of discussion lol. there's absolutely nothing to talk about besides stating your opinion, which is likely to be completely incompatible with someone else's and make you sound like you're crazy. idk why the mods even let people discuss it at all lol. there's nothing to say- you're not gonna convince, say, a commie like me that NATO involving itself is ever positive. you'll just piss me off more. so why the gently caress would you want to let people have conversations like that lol?

also unlike an ongoing natural disaster or something which is bad for the people involved and kind of upsetting, they aren't a loving war which even limited ones are just endless parades of suffering on the news lol. following one halfway around the world every day seems like a quick way to melt your brain. there is no aspect of this which is suited for posting about online lol.

NATO ftw

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

larry is 100% right on this

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jeff missed a few based on the way that thread is going lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Waifu Radia posted:

a lot of my friends and orgs I’m with use Twitter. i dunno, it took me awhile (2018!!) to delete my Facebook for a similar reason

Yeah I mean, that's why I haven't quit twitter. It's kind of the hub where a lot of social circles I'm in on the internet overlap. And sometimes I can look at cat pics. Shame about everything else, tho.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

larry is 100% right on this

it's the reason why even when i could still post in cspam i didn't often post in the big threads that basically operated on the same principles like the climate change one etc. except to make fun of people sometimes when I got linked to a particularly bad post. there's nothing to really talk about.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just saw the bans and would like to say that a lot of them were a smart idea. The other ones I can't make a comment on because i don't know those people

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Imagine posting on a website owned by a stupid rear end in a top hat. Imagine paying 10 bucks to do so, in fact.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Imagine posting on a website owned by a stupid rear end in a top hat. Imagine paying 10 bucks to do so, in fact.

One of my all time worst purchases

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ammat The Ankh posted:

if it wasn't for imp zone id never have come back after the first Lowtax ban, let alone the Jeff ones

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

if it wasn't for imp zone id never have come back after the first Lowtax ban, let alone the Jeff ones

same but also FYAD

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Larry Parrish posted:

what about Radia your best friend named Radia

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will always post in the games RPG thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm still doing it, factually.