Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SilkyP posted:

Finally got around to watching the Northman
Good rear end movie

Watching this soon and I can’t wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Kilometers Davis posted:

Watching this soon and I can’t wait!

It’s real good. Wish I had watched it in the theater.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

JBP posted:

The first one was a lot of fun and full of jokes. Hardly brooding.

Augus posted:

it’s time we reevaluated god of war’s sex scenes and admit to ourselves that Kratos getting a bunch of red orbs from nutting was actually extremely funny and it was all downhill from there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

UP AND ADAM posted:

Warning, that game isn't charming and Japanese, it's another joyless brooding western action game

mimir is joy

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I haven't actually played the first game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

UP AND ADAM posted:

I haven't actually played the first game

i know

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Augus posted:

mimir is joy

Brok and Sindri 4 lyfe

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Morpheus posted:

Can't wait to fight five more crystal warriors, three more trolls, six more of those tree guardian things, two more gargoyle looking motherfuckers, and like a dozen variations of 'big man with a sweeping attack'

as GOTY as Elden Ring is this is def one of the more pervasive subcurrents i see out there about it and I can't say i disagree. it's one of the main reasons why i'm more hesitant to return to the game despite its ingredients on paper sounding like my ideal game concoction. something something flame of ambition burned too bright. i'm interested to see if FROM supports Elden Ring with new content for a long time as a live service game while returning to making smaller scale projects like bloodborne and sekiro, i think that would be ideal. who knows, FROM seems like the kind of studio that's hard to predict since they're usually ahead of gaming trends. simply getting Elden Ring out of the gate during high covid must've been a monumental task so i have a hard time believing that it's going to be some sort of new gaming standard going forward, but more of a one-off cultural phenomenon and notable curiosity.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

When I was watching the Northman apparently I was flapping my hands at my side which I have always done in moments of high anxiety/excitement since I was a kid and my wife came down and saw me and told me that is a sign of autism so I might actually be autistic

Couldn’t pick a better movie to find that out with though

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SilkyP posted:

When I was watching the Northman apparently I was flapping my hands at my side which I have always done in moments of high anxiety/excitement since I was a kid and my wife came down and saw me and told me that is a sign of autism so I might actually be autistic

Couldn’t pick a better movie to find that out with though

After reading the first sentence I was saying “oh hey, autism” in my head ahaha

It’s a thing! Now have fun realizing how all your other “weird” reactions and habits can be figured out and processed through this lens :D

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Kilometers Davis posted:

After reading the first sentence I was saying “oh hey, autism” in my head ahaha

It’s a thing! Now have fun realizing how all your other “weird” reactions and habits can be figured out and processed through this lens :D

Thanks Kilometers Davis
I always knew I liked your posts I just couldn’t figure out why 😉

In all seriousness I hope you enjoy the movie
It is a very good movie in my opinion
Someone in this thread was talking about it wayyy back I’d love to get a heat check on it since it’s at least a 9/10 in my book

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 3, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

as GOTY as Elden Ring is this is def one of the more pervasive subcurrents i see out there about it and I can't say i disagree. it's one of the main reasons why i'm more hesitant to return to the game despite its ingredients on paper sounding like my ideal game concoction. something something flame of ambition burned too bright. i'm interested to see if FROM supports Elden Ring with new content for a long time as a live service game while returning to making smaller scale projects like bloodborne and sekiro, i think that would be ideal. who knows, FROM seems like the kind of studio that's hard to predict since they're usually ahead of gaming trends. simply getting Elden Ring out of the gate during high covid must've been a monumental task so i have a hard time believing that it's going to be some sort of new gaming standard going forward, but more of a one-off cultural phenomenon and notable curiosity.

I did the plat by a combo of new characters and an NG+.

On my first run I tried to see everything and played the game for like a hundred hours. Fought all the dumb poo poo. Did the repetitive content. It was all enjoyable the first time.

On subsequent runs I just slammed through the critical path and picked up some fun items I knew I wanted. These runs were like 30 hours for NG and 20 for NG+.

I quite like the opportunity to speedily play the fun parts of the game you enjoyed after seeing it all and going on your initial wild adventure. My only criticism of the replayability is that it's still a souls game and I don't mega love the slow pace of combat.

I don't think I'll ever play the base game again (3 runs is more than enough of a souls game for me to be done) but I'm hot for an expansion with some new things to do.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
What the gently caress, this is terrible

Because I have no idea what the man is happily singing about Kratos murdering everyone and everything :(

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

The Perfect Element posted:

Elden Ring makes [me] so hard

every time i see someone post the words this is all i see

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I’m trying to get the plat and I’m near the end of my second playthrough. It’s crazy that I still see things or use weapons I didn’t touch the first time around, but stuff like the boss of the heroes grave at Flame Peak, which I think is the last one you’ll come across, is just the same boss you would’ve fought at weeping peninsula. Except this time you have 50-60 vigor and you die in three hits, two if you get counterhit.

The dlc’s are usually a ramp up in difficulty from the base game, but I can’t see how it can reasonably happen here unless bosses actually one-shot you.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i do not know what a "kids on bikes" game is but i'm assuming it's a rebooted Paperboy

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

All I know is I will buy Elden Ring DLC no matter what
Even if I wasn’t going to play it I would still buy it to make a statement

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

SilkyP posted:

All I know is I will buy Elden Ring DLC no matter what
Even if I wasn’t going to play it I would still buy it to make a statement

Oh I’m gonna buy it day one. I’m on the From hook for life at this point.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i've had enough of it honestly

*hears portentous statement followed by ominous chuckle*

i'm in

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Roll out the "rise ye tarnished" man again he was cool

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i do not know what a "kids on bikes" game is but i'm assuming it's a rebooted Paperboy

Kids on bikes is a TTRPG system that's based around shows like Stranger Things - kids going on (typically) supernatural adventures in their small town.

Edit: Which is Paperboy, now that I think about it, except Paperboy has no friends to go out on adventures with so just has his job for some extra cash.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Imagine the flying scene from E.T., stomping on a human face forever

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

i've had enough of it honestly

*hears portentous statement followed by ominous chuckle*

i'm in

This is exactly what I did. I was kinda getting over the way they tell the story in Elden ring and I was wanting something a bit more concrete but then I ran into Shabiri and he said a bunch of weird crap and I was back in

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Not that far off! Whatever genre Stranger Things is, it's that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This is exactly what I did. I was kinda getting over the way they tell the story in Elden ring and I was wanting something a bit more concrete but then I ran into Shabiri and he said a bunch of weird crap and I was back in

Shabriri, what a fuckin legend

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ah dang i didn't know it's a ttrpg system and was just riffing on it. I also just realised that Paper Girls (the comic and the very-likely-only-one-season tv show) is a kids-on-bikes show.

the comic was fine with some great art, the show has some good performance by a couple of the kids but it's super obvious they have too little budget. like yes they did have the giant mecha battle but it's, uhhhh yeah that was one indeed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ragnarok had its first leaked review and it's a 5/5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JBP posted:

Ragnarok had its first leaked review and it's a 5/5

From what outlet, We Love Bad Games!?!?!?!?!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It's the fifth out of five mainline God of War games

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Arist posted:

you would know! as you read that particular publication! and agree with all their opinions!!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Arist posted:

It’s me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We Love Bad Games usually have pretty good takes tbh

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kazzah posted:

Imagine the flying scene from E.T., stomping on a human face forever

Ew! God! That looks weird! Why did you ask me to do that?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Got my Scuf Reflex and it's pretty nice...except the d-pad. Feels kinda cheap, like a bundled controller after year or so of regular use. Bit of a shame as the rest of the first impression is positive.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

didnt realize Shatter Remastered was only tenbux, not bad!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What a great game with an awesome soundtrack. One of my nice surprises all the way back in 2010.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone tell if I pay £210 for a controller will the battery last more than 2 hours because I'll loving do it

No but when you pay 530gbp for vr you will need to be wired up anyway

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That Fortnite Horde Rush mode is fun. Pickle Rick will soon be mine.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
RUNEBEAR IS DOWN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I keep on finding weapons in elden ring that I'm significantly under levelled for. For example, the hand ballista requires 30 strength and I'm way off that...,and I've been putting a lot of points in strength.

Is the game telling me I should be exploring somewhere else, or is this just how things are?