Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I see a lot of people online complaining about how bad the FSR 2.0 AA option looks, but IMO it looks way better than the absolutely awful TAA/SMAA they had before. I might just be blind but I think the game looks way better :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This was extremely irritating to discover especially because it also means any hyperbloom team sucks against it.

i suck absolute poo poo at this game and do not read and/or stopped bothering to comprehend skill/burst descriptions once they got overly long, but i delete the poo poo out of the dendro cube with cyno+totm/elegy fischl+yelan+magic guide nahida. is that hyperbloom? probably not, but the elements are there :shrug:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The cube is permanently dendro'd so your cyno and fishl are probably getting way more done with aggravate than with hyperbloom.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ive had 0 issues triggering the nodes at the end with nahida.

Charge attacks trigger them and is on a separate icd. Her tapped E also triggers it

Are you talking about the new weekly boss or the dendro cube? Because it sounds like you're talking about the cube, while I was taking about killing the flying bits on the weekly boss.

The cube is trivial and I don't think anyone has said otherwise?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Are you talking about the new weekly boss or the dendro cube? Because it sounds like you're talking about the cube, while I was taking about killing the flying bits on the weekly boss.

The cube is trivial and I don't think anyone has said otherwise?

Oh yeah I'm talking about the cube

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The cube is permanently dendro'd so your cyno and fishl are probably getting way more done with aggravate than with hyperbloom.

funny enough, the aggravate team i tried to make with the mostly the same units/builds (just swap yelan with a shieldbot zhongli) performed way worse.

pure delete everything team for me so far is gilded+staff cyno, deepwood dmc, tf+r5 stringless fischl and fss+full em c3* kazuha… when cyno doesn’t get knocked around.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah Yelan is probably still doing tons of damage plus buffing Cyno, even with 0 useful reactions from her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What even happens if you don't have a Dendro for the last part? You're just hosed?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you don't finish the gimmick mechanic in time the cube revives and heals itself and you have to either try again or run out of aggro range to reset it and change parties.
If you have no dendro then yeah it will just revive forever.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you don't finish the gimmick mechanic in time the cube revives and heals itself and you have to either try again or run out of aggro range to reset it and change parties.
If you have no dendro then yeah it will just revive forever.

Oh it's not like the other cubes? In those the revive or regen mechanic can be brute forced without finishing the gimmick, but they take considerably longer since you wind up needing to redown it 2-3 extra times.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

Oh it's not like the other cubes? In those the revive or regen mechanic can be brute forced without finishing the gimmick, but they take considerably longer since you wind up needing to redown it 2-3 extra times.

Yeah but the way it works is that you can partially complete it and then on the next down you only have to finish whatever was left last time.
If you have no dendro you can't even partially compete the dendro cube gimmick.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sounds like pretty lame design. They should at least provide an inconvenient way of applying Dendro for teams that can't. No other boss is actually impossible to beat without a specific counter like that.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
You can fight the dendro cube forever. I had to restart with a dendro.

Running a Nahida aggravate team on floor 10 & 11 killed things frighteningly fast. Keqing / Nahida / Fischl / Zhongli and with the floor bonuses the enemies were instadead.

Went back to hyperbloom Nahida / Fischl/ Xingqiu / Shinobu for floor 12 and it sucked a lot compared to the insane damage aggravate was doing. Hyperbloom worked well enough to get 36* but it wasn't popping off. Hyperbloom teams really want a way to neatly trigger reaction chains in the right order. Spread out lesser enemies are a pain in the rear end.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Pyro cube is nearly impossible without bringing a ranged hydro unit. Until you apply enough hydro to extinguish it, it never actually stands still long enough to do reasonable amounts of damage.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Looks like you can kill it if you at least have a Hydro on the team. Dendro cores can fill the bar and even activate the pylons if you have a way of moving them.

Still, what would've been fine is to have the bar fill up extremely slow on its own, so that it eventually can be killed without the proper counter.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The dendrograna apply dendro, don't they? Should have just stuck a couple of those by the arena

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah but the way it works is that you can partially complete it and then on the next down you only have to finish whatever was left last time.
If you have no dendro you can't even partially compete the dendro cube gimmick.

Yeah that's just bad design. I haven't done the cube yet, since I'm not building any dendro yet.
I guess the smallest consolation is dendro traveler is a thing, but still I'd be really pissed if I wanted those mats and at the end of the fight got a "btw you need to go farm and build another dendro character if you want to build this dendro character"

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Pyro cube is nearly impossible without bringing a ranged hydro unit. Until you apply enough hydro to extinguish it, it never actually stands still long enough to do reasonable amounts of damage.
I just used an underleveled Barbara to apply her skill, since it counts hydro applications not damage. So I used my real team for most ofvthe fight but had her in my 4th slot to make things wet

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The dendro character doesn't have to be built for the cube, it's in a phase where nothing else is going on. I did it with Nahida as I was leveling her up. It's basically just hitting a dendro switch to keep it dead after you kil it normally.

Still kind of dumb though since if you don't know that going in you get stuck in an endless battle.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Or just stick a dendrogranum somewhere in the room?

For how much they overused them elsewhere I'd expect one. It's so unintuitive to take a dendro to fight a dendro enemy. You wouldn't do it with any other cube.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's way easier even with a low-level Collei. The traveler would have to be in close range and the cube can nullify the dendro application with splash attacks it aims at you so ranged is way better.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

yeah, this is kind of like how i used a completely unequipped level 50 amber a million years ago while farming the electro cube.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

gandlethorpe posted:

Sounds like pretty lame design. They should at least provide an inconvenient way of applying Dendro for teams that can't. No other boss is actually impossible to beat without a specific counter like that.

Isn't the geo cube impossible to beat without a geo or claymore character? You can do tiny bits of damage to its pillars with other attacks, but unless the damage carries over between downs (and I don't think it does) there's no way you're breaking even one of those before it gets back up.

I guess, to argue against my own post, "geo or claymore" is a lot broader of a net than "Dendro specifically", especially when there's only like 4 Dendro characters period right now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

serefin99 posted:

Isn't the geo cube impossible to beat without a geo or claymore character? You can do tiny bits of damage to its pillars with other attacks, but unless the damage carries over between downs (and I don't think it does) there's no way you're breaking even one of those before it gets back up.

I guess, to argue against my own post, "geo or claymore" is a lot broader of a net than "Dendro specifically", especially when there's only like 4 Dendro characters period right now.

You can do it with a sword, at least the level 50ish version. The first time I did that fight it was with a traveler, Qiqi, Amber, and Lisa. It was painful but as long as you're in position when the pillars spawn you can take down one during each regen phase. But yeah, it's definitely weird for being the hypostatis that wanted someone from its own element, but that's also kind matching Geo's gimmick, where Geo was already the best at breaking its own shields but worthless against things made of geo. There aren't any dendro enemies that need dendro to finish them off.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

serefin99 posted:

I used to do it with yanfei but the auto attack targeting would sometimes switch to the pillar that it was hovering over because ???

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The actual worst part of fighting grass cube is it effectively forces you into a three-character group since none of the current dendros can do anything useful in the fight outside of the end phase.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

The actual worst part of fighting grass cube is it effectively forces you into a three-character group since none of the current dendros can do anything useful in the fight outside of the end phase.

Almost all the hypostases do that to some extent, because by permanently being any element they prevent you from chaining reactions on them. You just pick the one that works best and repeat it. It sucks and I hate it, also slimes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The cube comp is just Keq Fischl Zhongli Nahida. Cubes are restrictive and kinda dumb in general but whatever this is finally the very last one.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean you could use Zhongli, or you could just casually walk in circles. One or the other.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I really hate most of the bosses where you can’t farm them with the character that needs the mats. Really poo poo design.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

funkymonks posted:

I really hate most of the bosses where you can’t farm them with the character that needs the mats. Really poo poo design.

Okay time to ascend my first carry, I need Ice thingies, let's try the cryo plant fight.

Well, poo poo.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Devor posted:

Okay time to ascend my first carry, I need Ice thingies, let's try the cryo plant fight.

Well, poo poo.

white damage finally has its day!

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I can already imagine the future Abyss floor 12 that is just six hypostases fights back to back.

edit: Make the final chamber a fight with two cubes simultaneously

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
That sounds fun to me, like a team building puzzle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I haven't gone through the story quest yet, did they really add a 7th weekly boss and not increase the resin sale cap? 4 bosses that all walk 60 of my resin.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

BoldFace posted:

I can already imagine the future Abyss floor 12 that is just six hypostases fights back to back.

edit: Make the final chamber a fight with two cubes simultaneously

Pretty sure an upcoming event is exactly this, where we just fight the various cubes with some modifications.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't gone through the story quest yet, did they really add a 7th weekly boss and not increase the resin sale cap? 4 bosses that all walk 60 of my resin.

Don't you get 3 at 30? Just bumping that discount up by one would go a long way.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

So when do we get yu-gi-oh? I was promised dumb card games based on an in-universe light novel.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Don't you get 3 at 30? Just bumping that discount up by one would go a long way.

3 only cost 30, with the addition of Scaramouche we now have 4 that cost 60? or does it drop to 30 once you unlock him, that's what I was asking about.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

TCG should be coming with 3.3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

TCG should be coming with 3.3.
It's great. I gave up Magic Arena to play Genshin, and now I get the best of both worlds.