Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 1 November 1st
HM
MAO vs Chris Brookes
Yuji Hino vs Yukio Naya
Kazusada Higuchi vs KANON

Great way to start the tournament, but nothing spectacular (except the MAO/Chris match, but for different reasons)

Agreed on these three. MAO/Brookes was wonderful. Hino/Naya was beefy boys being beefy, and Higuchi/KANON may have ended inevitably but KANON did a great job before... doing the job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 1 November 1st
HM
Yuji Hino vs Yukio Naya
Kazusada Higuchi vs KANON

Great way to start the tournament, but nothing spectacular (except the MAO/Chris match, but for different reasons)

Nth

But MOTYC for MAO vs Chris Brookes which was about as perfect a shaggy dog story as you can get in wrestling. Comedy hardcore in-ring storytelling at its finest.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
19th September
Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage
Masato Tanaka vs Yoshiki Inamura

MOTYC
19th September
Daiki Inaba vs Katsuhiko Nakajima

HM
19th September
Satoshi Kojima vs Timothy Thatcher

See, this is why I still watch NOAH. It's a small show in front of less than 300 with 3 really good singles matches. And a fun opener with the newest rookie against Kitamiya. Tanaka vs Inamura is the 2nd match & they go out & whoop each other. Top stuff. And then just Nakajima forgetting wrestling is a work which I never tire of to my eternal shame.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

HM: Cole Radrick vs Matt Tremont
SHP Colby Corino's Painted Black
October 27

HM: Eric Ryan vs Brandon Kirk
ICW No Holds Barred volume 35
October 29

HM: Marcus Mathers vs Rocket
HM: Austin Luke vs Colby Corino
H2O Bound By Blood
October 30

HM: Austin Luke vs 1 Called Manders
MOTY: Hustle and War Games (Matt Tremont, Jess Moss, Brandon Kirk, Masha Slamovich, Sawyer Wreck vs Mouse, Chris Bradley, Kristian Ross, Colby Corino , Kennedi Copeland)
H2O Hardcore Halloween Returns
October 31

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW Royal Quest II, 10/2

MOTYC: JONAH vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Declaration of Power, 10/10
HM: Tama Tonga vs. Jay White, NJPW Declaration of Power, 10/10

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
28th May
Revolution Pro Cruel Intentions
Great British Tag League A Block
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs Smokin' Aces (Charlie Sterling & Nick Riley)

HM
28th May
Revolution Pro Cruel Intentions
RevPro British Cruiserweight Title
Michael Oku vs Tony Deppen

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 2, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looks like you forgot an opponent on the Aussie Open match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 11/1

HM: Toni Storm vs. Diamante
HM: Rey Fenix vs. AR Fox

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st September
NOAH N Innovation
Elimination Tag
Atsushi Kotoge, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs Stinger (Chris Ridgeway, HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)

HM
11th September
New Japan Burning Spirit
Great O-Khan vs Yuji Nagata

My new years resolution was to watch less wrestling and quite clearly I have failed. Maybe next year...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th September
DDT Who's Gonna Top? 2022
Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi vs ASUKA, MAO & Saki Akai

MOTYC
25th September
DDT Universal Title
Yuki Ueno vs Cara Noir

MOTYC
25th September
KO-D Openweight Title
Kazusada Higuchi vs Konosuke Takeshita

Well, that's almost certainly your DDT match of the year. Only just slightly under *****, totally bad rear end. A beautiful violent collision

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
still doin my deadlock catchup. cooling down on it a little bit now that they've established their guys and there aren't as many fun new guys every show, but looking forwrard to watching the last 4 shows soon, buncha matches look good

HM: Colby Corino vs Anthony Henry, DPW Fire 6/3
HM: Alex Coughlin vs JD Drake, DPW No Pressure 6/5

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy poo poo we're 10 months through the year and the fantastic wrestling hasn't let up, there's been so much i've loved and I still have 7 tabs open of stuff I want to catch up on. October marked the first month for me where the number of MOTYC I have nominated for the year (240) is less than the amount of wrestlers that have participated in them (216). In terms of my actual MOTY, the top 5 from last time hasn't changed, although I will need to do another rewatch of Ishida vs Izuchi from GLEAT's October 9th show at the end of year because loving hell that was brutal

By Promotion
66 - New Japan
44 - DDT
31 - All Japan
24 - TJPW
22 - NOAH
8 - GLEAT
7 - Big Japan
4 - FREEDOMS, Ganbare Pro, Sendai Girls, ZERO1
3 - AEW, Freelance Shows, Interpromotional Matches, JTO, Prominence
2 - EPW, SEAdLINNNG
1 - Gake no Fuchi, Michinoku Pro, Ring of Honor

Top Wrestlers
15 - Kazuchika Okada (NJPW), Kento Miyahara (AJPW, GLEAT)
13 - Yuki Ueno (DDT)
12 - Kazusada Higuchi (DDT, Freelance), Naomi Yoshimura (DDT)
11 - Chris Brookes (DDT, GnF)
10 - ASUKA (DDT, SEAd, Sendai, ZERO1), Kenoh (Interpromotional, NOAH) Konosuke Takeshita (AEW, DDT), MAO (DDT), Zack Sabre Jr (NJPW, JTO)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 11/1

HM: Toni Storm vs. Diamante
HM: Rey Fenix vs. AR Fox

yeah im down

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW #ajpw Halloween MANIAx October 30th
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara and Rising HAYATO vs Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi
- Fantastic way to end the show, cheer crowd loved these four guys

HM
Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Anzai

Hearing the Kento chant before the match and it evolve into HAYATO loving ruled. I got emotional.

Kento is such a star

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Holy poo poo we're 10 months through the year and the fantastic wrestling hasn't let up, there's been so much i've loved and I still have 7 tabs open of stuff I want to catch up on. October marked the first month for me where the number of MOTYC I have nominated for the year (240) is less than the amount of wrestlers that have participated in them (216). In terms of my actual MOTY, the top 5 from last time hasn't changed, although I will need to do another rewatch of Ishida vs Izuchi from GLEAT's October 9th show at the end of year because loving hell that was brutal

I had this sickening realisation last week that "oh poo poo, it's about to turn November & my to watch list is sitting at about 100" & then I approximated there'd be at 8-15 shows a week over the rest of the year & so I'd need to average between 3 & 4 shows a day for the rest of the year to be close to finishing by December 31st in time to start a whole new spreadsheet. And thus since the 24th I have watched 49 shows. Well, I say shows, obviously full shows would be physically impossible without foregoing sleep when I'm so far behind. So I've been even more aggressive than normal in just skipping things that don't sound like they could hit the ***˝ range, with the exception of All Japan & GLEAT where they run infrequently enough to watch everything. It's still 185 matches in 10 days mind. Don't do this, it's stupid & I'll almost certainly burn out from wrestling overkill well before I clear out the backlog.

Anyway, my most watched 2 promotions by show (& this is cheating because I haven't watched every match on each show but gently caress it) are New Japan with 64 & then Stardom with 54, followed by All Japan & AEW tied on 49 (despite me not having watched much AEW past Double Or Nothing). Dragongate rounds off the top 5 with 47 shows. Currently there are 4 promotions all tied on 1 show watched (excluding weird produce shows): Action Wrestling, Beyond, Michinoku Pro & ROH. Oddly 2 of the 7 ***** matches I've seen this year were from those 4 companies, Michinoku Pro (my MOTY) & ROH (FTR/Briscoes).

Top 5 matches has been pretty stable the past 3 months, with only 1 change, Kasai vs Despy last month coming in at #3. Two matches I've watched in the past month have gotten into my top 10 though, #9 is Suzu Suzuki vs Toru Sugiura & #10 is Kazusada Higuchi vs Konosuke Takeshita, which means I've now 3 deathmatches in my top 10...

Top 10 Wrestlers
  1. Kento Miyahara, 19 MOTYC, 16 HM
  2. ASUKA, 12 MOTYC, 22 HM
  3. Yuma Aoyagi, 11 MOTYC, 18 HM
  4. El Lindaman, 10 MOTYC, 17 HM
  5. Suzu Suzuki, 10 MOTYC, 17 HM
  6. Shigehiro Irie, 10 MOTYC, 14 HM
  7. T-Hawk, 9 MOTYC, 19 HM
  8. Takuya Nomura, 11 MOTYC, 13 HM
  9. Jun Kasai, 10 MOTYC, 6 HM
  10. Kazuchika Okada, 12 MOTYC, 5 HM

With 2 months to go I'm pretty sure Kento is close to untouchable as #1, ASUKA has had a great 2 months & has gone from 5th to 2nd. Yuma dropped 1 place, Lindaman dropped 1, Irie is up 2, T-Hawk down 4, Nomura down 2, & Suzuki, Kasai & Okada are all new entries from the last time I posted a top 10 at the start of September. Go Shiozaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Shotaro Ashino dropped out to 11th, 17th & 18th respectively. 5 through to 25 are all fairly close together though, 1 ***** match will have people leaping forward. 313 different wrestlers have received a MOTYC nomination from me

Top Promotion
  1. New Japan, 50 MOTYC, 62 HM
  2. All Japan, 33 MOTYC, 64 HM
  3. Stardom, 32 MOTYC, 59 HM
  4. NOAH, 27 MOTYC, 60 HM
  5. DDT, 23 MOTYC, 44 HM
  6. Dragongate, 16 MOTYC, 57 HM
  7. GLEAT, 15 MOTYC, 46 HM
  8. AEW, 12 MOTYC, 48 HM
  9. Big Japan, 11 MOTYC, 14 HM
  10. FREEDOMS, 11 MOTYC, 11 HM

Again, hat-tip goes to Michinoku Pro: 1 MOTYC, 0 HM, but that 1 match is my MOTY & looks unlikely it'll be moved from that spot.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
AEW Dynamite 11/2

HM: Mox v Moriarty
HM: Luchasaurus v Fenix v Orange
WMOTYC: Shafir v Jade

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

AEW Dynamite 11/2

WMOTYC: Shafir v Jade

Why was a perfectly normal squash the worst match of the year.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1st July
Pro Wrestling WAVE PHASE 2 Reboot 3rd ~ NAMI 1
Catch The Wave Winners A Block
Haruka Umesaki vs Suzu Suzuki

HM
1st July
Pro Wrestling WAVE PHASE 2 Reboot 3rd ~ NAMI 1
Catch The Wave Winners B Block
Nagisa Nozaki vs Risa Sera

HM
2nd July
Pro Wrestling WAVE
Itsuki Aoki vs Suzu Suzuki

HM
3rd July
Pro Wrestling WAVE Osaka Rhapsody Vol.55
Hikari Shimizu vs Suzu Suzuki

HM
17th July
Pro Wrestling WAVE Catch The Wave Final
Hikaru Shida & Riko Kawahata vs Kohaku & Risa Sera

HM
17th July
Chie Ozora & Hanako Nakamori vs galaxyPunch (Hikari Shimizu & SAKI)

MOTYC
17th July
Catch The Wave Tournament Final
Regina Di Wave Title

Miyuki Takase vs Suzu Suzuki

Binged the final shows of this tournament tonight, fun tournament, incredibly easy watch with fairly short matches meaning you can watch 4 tournament matches and have them watched in an hour or so, good interesting field of talent, obviously I thought Suzu stood out but Kawahata, Nozaki, Sera & Takase were all good. Not flawless, the Comedy Block was hit & miss, very mood dependent, and SAKI in the hardcore Block was an odd choice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
11/2 AEW Dynamite
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Luchasaurus vs Rey Fenix
HM: Brian Cage vs Samoa Joe

That was a mean guy match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

11/2 AEW Dynamite

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

11/2 AEW Dynamite

Nth.

HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Jon Moxley

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Hearing the Kento chant before the match and it evolve into HAYATO loving ruled. I got emotional.

Kento is such a star

Is this a second?

Also, I'm in awe of SG Bamboo and forkboy84 and others who watch so much wrestling because holy poo poo I can barely find the time to watch Dynamite AND Rampage let alone the New Japan, TJPW and DDT stuff I want to (and sometimes NOAH when they're not pissing me off). God speed, you wrestling watching lunatics! :patriot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Luchasaurus vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dynamite, 02/11

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Samoa Joe (C) vs. Brian Cage for the ROH TV Title - AEW Dynamite 11/2

This rocked, Cage was super impressive and Joe looked better than he has in years.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Is this a second?

Also, I'm in awe of SG Bamboo and forkboy84 and others who watch so much wrestling because holy poo poo I can barely find the time to watch Dynamite AND Rampage let alone the New Japan, TJPW and DDT stuff I want to (and sometimes NOAH when they're not pissing me off). God speed, you wrestling watching lunatics! :patriot:

It was a 2nd, yeah.

All you need to do is forego all other hobbies and uses of your free time. If not for Covid I probably watch New Japan, GLEAT & NOAH, but when Covid started and suddenly I'm going no where, work from home & no longer losing 3-4 hours a day commuting & waiting for buses, plus the only wrestling that was going on was DDT & AJPW really. And then you're invested & don't want to drop them

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Show 2 October 3rd
MOTYC
HARASHIMA and Kazuki Hirata vs Shunma Katsumata and Antonio Honda - Blindfold Breastfold Tag Deathmatch
- Pins, submissions, or taking off your opponents bra wins the match. Oh, and all four guys are blindfolded as well. Just phenominal stuff, hitting all the highlights of a blindfold match without wearing out it's welcome. Make time to watch this one if you like slapstick in wrestling

HM
Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi, Naomi Yoshimura and Yuki Ishida) vs Rickey Shane Page and CDK (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi)
Yuki Ueno vs Joey Janela
Tetsuya Endo vs Daisuke Sasaki

Couple of weirdly laid out matches, but on the whole a very entertaining show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
30th October
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.37
Masato Kamino & Takanori Ito vs Stronghearts (El Lindaman & Issei Onitsuka)

MOTYC
30th October
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.37
Interim G-Infinity Tag Team Titles
Coelacanths (CIMA & Kaz Hayashi) vs Stronghearts (Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)

Not the greatest GLEAT event but still some very good stuff.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 11/2

HM: Colt Cabana v Chris Jericho
HM: Samoa Joe v Brian Cage

Surprised there's not more love for Colt vs Jericho out there. Beyond the obvious feel-good moment of Colt popping up, it was a good reminder that Colt is a really drat good wrestler.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 11/2

HM: Colt Cabana v Chris Jericho
HM: Samoa Joe v Brian Cage

Surprised there's not more love for Colt vs Jericho out there. Beyond the obvious feel-good moment of Colt popping up, it was a good reminder that Colt is a really drat good wrestler.

Nth'd and agreed on Colt. It also really highlighted how incredibly generous Jericho's been with his opponents in this run. He gave Colt a ton.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
11/2 AEW Dynamite

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Why was a perfectly normal squash the worst match of the year.

Nyla & Vickie's "commentary."

Jericho-Cabana looked like it was heading into HM status but then there was a massive botch (the Chicago Skyline) and two other blown spots (the clotheslines that didn't knock Jericho over the top rope, and the Codebreaker).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe spoiler these for folks who haven't watched the show

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Watch the show and get out of this thread!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM KAIRI vs. Starlight Kid, Stardom World Climax, 3/27

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
12th September
Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 14
5★GP Blue Block
Mayu Iwatani vs Suzu Suzuki

Cool match on a show that was a bit underwhelming on the whole.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: “Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Kenny King, Impact on AXS 11/3

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
18th June
AAA Triplemania XXX: Tijuana
AAA World Cruiserweight Title & AAA Latin America Title
Laredo Kid vs Taurus vs Bandido vs El Hijo del Vikingo vs Fenix

I realise I'm late to the party but if you've the slightest interest I'm exciting high-flying wrestling then fhis is must watch. I dunno, if that lineup doesn't get you salivating then you may be dead. Pure spotfest bit that's no black mark against it.w

http://youtu.be/ZVdaBToBfS8?t=00h37m58s

HM
18th June
AAA Triplemania XXX: Tijuana
Ruleta De La Muerte Semi Final
Psycho Clown vs Villano IV

MOTYC
10th August
Big Lucha Big Lucha World #12
Big Lucha World Title B Block Tournament Quarter Final
Arez vs Komander

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: TJP vs Titán, NJPW Battle Autumn Night 15, 2022/11/03

TJP was pretty good in this and Titán is a freak athlete.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th October
DDT x We Only Get Alive Tour in Chiba
KO-D 6 Man Tag Team Titles
DAMNATION TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul) vs Makoto Oishi, Shiori Asahi & Yuji Hino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 10.23.2022 Tag league

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe and Starlight Kid vs Syuri and Tomoka Inaba. This has to rank up there among my favourite tag matches of the year. Absolutely awesome poo poo from everyone involved