Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

MRC48B posted:

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Delta sqad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foffy123
Apr 1, 2016

Yes.

Cease to Hope posted:

you know, that guy who posted that rant on r/eve about goon hr

i wonder what the "meme discord name" was that he defended without actually repeating. that always strikes me as a bit of a red flag

psilocybin laden posted:

yeah whenever stuff is left out it leaves more questions than answers

I can speak to this. It was about someone that goes by Elizabeth in-game changing their name to 'Queen Elizabeth' on Discord a couple weeks after the queen died (no, it wasn't related). One of this person's best friends in game got offended and reported him to beekeepers instead of DMing him first about it. They had a nasty falling out and he called him a 'snitch' for reporting it, and beekeepers were pretty riled up about that when they contacted me.

It's a complicated and pretty uninteresting situation, and it's irrelevant now anyways because both parties have made up already and fly together happily.

The kicker is that neither party is actually in GSF.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Foffy123 posted:

I can speak to this. It was about someone that goes by Elizabeth in-game changing their name to 'Queen Elizabeth' on Discord a couple weeks after the queen died (no, it wasn't related). One of this person's best friends in game got offended and reported him to beekeepers instead of DMing him first about it. They had a nasty falling out and he called him a 'snitch' for reporting it, and beekeepers were pretty riled up about that when they contacted me.

It's a complicated and pretty uninteresting situation, and it's irrelevant now anyways because both parties have made up already and fly together happily.

:cripes:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Foffy123 posted:

lmao

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Foffy123 posted:

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cripes:

(also gently caress the queen)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The flag shagger shouldn't have grassed tho.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Foffy123 posted:

Lmao

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Hello I’m reporting you to the cyber police for naming yourself “the queen is dead lmao”

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Mods plz rename me to King Sausage Fingas

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

Mods plz rename me to King Sausage Fingas

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

also i will pay over 500m isk to you, if you sell serpentis standings to me such that I reach standings 5 with them

I have no idea really how to run burners and am still fairly low sp so I don't think I'll be able to do that. I've watched hateless' video on the unified burner nergal but apart from that I don't know anything.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Does anyone know the best way to acquire drip in this game? Other than the NES and events, is there stuff in LP stores? Need more roleplay, as I currently just have some guristas boots and I feel that it does not represent my true pirate affiliations.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalmuti posted:

Mods plz rename me to King Sausage Dingus

As God intended.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

I have no idea really how to run burners and am still fairly low sp so I don't think I'll be able to do that. I've watched hateless' video on the unified burner nergal but apart from that I don't know anything.

if you've watched that then you pretty much know how to run the main bread and butter of burners, pulling is even simpler and is free money, we can talk about it later though - get comfy where you're at first

floppyspud posted:

Does anyone know the best way to acquire drip in this game? Other than the NES and events, is there stuff in LP stores? Need more roleplay, as I currently just have some guristas boots and I feel that it does not represent my true pirate affiliations.

that's a cool idea, i am unsure if any of the stores have drip - mine I got from us blowing up that abandoned keepstar in r-r a few months back and a donation from another goon, then i got my trig jacket from an omega pack i think

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

that's a cool idea, i am unsure if any of the stores have drip - mine I got from us blowing up that abandoned keepstar in r-r a few months back and a donation from another goon, then i got my trig jacket from an omega pack i think

I thought I remembered stores having drip, but blood raiders, ore, concord, and amarr (all the ones i have lp for) don't have any, so maybe it's very specific which ones do? Seeing as I'm gonna try be a serpentis enthusiast for a while I want some clothes. Is there a serpentis event? I know guristas get Easter and blood raiders get Halloween.

I'll probably just have to buy it from nes, packs, or get it from events then.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

"""free""'

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

#1, (FREE SPACE), MMO

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Setting up multiple PI colonies absolutely loving sucks. Saveable templates please

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Setting up multiple PI colonies absolutely loving sucks. Saveable templates please

There's another little things thread on the forums, you could try posting there? Though I think that would be considered part of a PI rework and not a little qol change, though it would be an exceptionally good one.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
"#1"

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I thought about doing PI then several folks told me about RSI from repeated daily clicking so I gave up.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Kaysette posted:

I thought about doing PI then several folks told me about RSI from repeated daily clicking so I gave up.

PI is good when you do like... weekly timers, otherwise I can't even be bothered ro open up the menu and click for 5 minutes.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Also, just let me click a single refresh my extractors button, god drat.

Kaysette posted:

I enjoy regular industry much more, and I'm not sure why. There's more depth and interesting problems to solve, I suppose.

Once you set up your PI chain, you're done, and the rest of your clicking time is spent realizing that you're playing a bad video game (inside another bad video game :smug:)

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 3, 2022

DrNut
Jan 17, 2012
Holy poo poo, I'm glad I won Eve a decade ago.

Endie was right.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah if you want to make account plexing bucks from PI or vertically integrate an entire production chain it turns into a carpal tunnel catastrophe of like a dozen characters all having multiple planets on short cycles with daily delivery runs and gently caress all that noise.

But a low effort PI setup with weekly cycles is basically free money for the cost of some very occasional hauler trips and clicking your extractors whenever you remember to do it.

Mine are on four day cycles but I only check in like once a week :effort:

Edit: this low effort method is predicated on having easy access to a market hungry for a broad variety of PI products, so for geese and delve-dwellers it's worthwhile, but ymmv if you live elsewhere

hailthefish fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 3, 2022

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
after a decade of winning eve I am considering giving CCP my money again

somebody please tell me why this is a terrible idea

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Coasterphreak posted:

It's a terrible idea.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Coasterphreak posted:

It was a terrible idea the last time you gave them money and that didn't stop you.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Coasterphreak posted:

playing eve is always a terrible idea. do it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Coasterphreak posted:

read back over the last few pages

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

floppyspud posted:

PI is good when you do like... weekly timers, otherwise I can't even be bothered ro open up the menu and click for 5 minutes.

Oh, I'm setting up weekly cycles but I'm doing fresh set-ups on 8 characters. I've done four so far and my wrist bones are dust

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Eve Online is cool, everyone should play it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Meanwhile goose be honking through space with the everything is awesome song on in the background

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

honk

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

Also, just let me click a single refresh my extractors button, god drat.

I enjoy regular industry much more, and I'm not sure why. There's more depth and interesting problems to solve, I suppose.

Once you set up your PI chain, you're done, and the rest of your clicking time is spent realizing that you're playing a bad video game (inside another bad video game :smug:)

never understood industry, dont understand Pi neither but clicking is easier than spreadsheets.

-space redneck

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Foffy123 posted:

this is much funnier than what i was imagining, thank you

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm pretty sure that the entire PI economy is balanced around most people not wanting to do it.

And if they ever made it convenient, then the prices would crash.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm pretty sure that the entire PI economy is balanced around most people not wanting to do it.

And if they ever made it convenient, then the prices would crash.

this is just an observation about almost every mmo out there though. tasks are balanced based on how long they take to do and how likely people are to give up before they're done in all of these games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

A capital core temperature regulator needs 200 P4s, which take an hour each to produce. Of course, you can run more planets to get that quicker, but then you also need other P4s, some P3s, some P2s and a boatload of P1s to make a whole capital ship, let alone a super