Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

mags posted:

:whitewater: but also those grandparents were cool as heck

looking forward to my kids in the car as teenagers

"daaaaaaad no ones ever heard of the talking heads can we play some music from this century?"

"stfu son"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hatebag posted:

I didn't even know they had a subway in Pittsburgh.

Looks like a pretty limited service area. I guess there's a lot of soluble bedrock there though so that probably limits where they can build

Everything south of Steel Plaza is above ground. It's all that's left of the old tram network.

We had over 650 PCC streetcars and hundreds of miles of tracks and we threw it all away.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I have business cards now
I think I'm a professional?

What do I do with 200 business cards???

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

"daaaaaaad no ones ever heard of the talking heads can we play some music from this century?"

"You got it, you got it"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1588192134460489728

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

this cis woman fitness model who had the audacity not to be transphobic is a huge target for terfs and other transphobes online

https://twitter.com/ClaireMax/status/1588054643304648704
https://twitter.com/ClaireMax/status/1588055272383053824

I used to have a lady friend who was hetero but very nonconforming. She was a bit of a gymnast, a mountain biker, a football player. But she was really pretty. But some guys I knew could not get over that she was more muscular and stronger than them.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The best place to buy pills here is during work hours at the central subway station, because the white collar workers riding in from the 'burbs are the biggest customers

i think they mostly find a doctor who is liberal with his prescription pad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i've been seeing lots of nirvana shirts lately for some reason

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Spaced God posted:

I have business cards now
I think I'm a professional?

What do I do with 200 business cards???

bougie fucker

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1588190067327225856

this was the guy who drove up to a bunch of reporters wearing a hazmat suit in the same vehicle that was id'd at the crime scene and refused to answer any questions

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Everything south of Steel Plaza is above ground. It's all that's left of the old tram network.

We had over 650 PCC streetcars and hundreds of miles of tracks and we threw it all away.

Wow! 3 funiculars!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Sherbert Hoover posted:

extremely understandable, especially when people seem to value owning their posting enemies more than the subject at hand

A pretty big part of why Trumo is president is that ownage supplanted being right across this country I'd say in the 90s. Ownage is everything now in this here economy of attention.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
looking at pictures of rail transit maps

god i wish that was me

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
whoever said it yesterday nailed it, it’s extremely funny and telling that Musk didn’t realize beforehand why people consider paying for a status symbol to be a total scrub/mark/rube move

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

ArmZ posted:

i've been seeing lots of nirvana shirts lately for some reason

it's deep to have a patronizing bit of respect for music from when your parents were born

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/whotfisjovana/status/1587592551967637504

legit slaps

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

my dad's gf is going on another trip this month and wants to go to the suitcase store to buy another new suitcase. this is the third such case this year.

MANY SUCH CASES!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

whoever said it yesterday nailed it, it’s extremely funny and telling that Musk didn’t realize beforehand why people consider paying for a status symbol to be a total scrub/mark/rube move

Even in AOC's angry reactions you can see the undercurrent of "without the blue marks I may end up having to engage with the unwashed masses"
How can I know who's important this way?!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Ben Nerevarine posted:

to be fair his main business is selling status symbols that offen kill pedestrians and trap their clout seeking owner inside while bursting into flames

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

god i wish that was me

efficient transporting 10-40k commuters a day directly into my bungus

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it's deep to have a patronizing bit of respect for music from when your parents were born

i mean, nirvana is p good though. i'm not seeing linkin park shirts or whatever.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I had no idea how well just postin' would prepare me for the future.
Sure it hurt my feelings when some called me an ugly dog fart smeller in gbs 15 years ago but in the long term it has strengthened my online resolve.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

ArmZ posted:

i mean, nirvana is p good though. i'm not seeing linkin park shirts or whatever.

it's not their turn yet

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

d'awww

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Ben Nerevarine posted:

all the conservatives whining about blue checks just want the blue checks to be taken away from their enemies and given to them to mark them as the true thought leaders of online, not made available to any old rear end in a top hat for $8

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

UFOTacoMan posted:

I had no idea how well just postin' would prepare me for the future.
Sure it hurt my feelings when some called me an ugly dog fart smeller in gbs 15 years ago but in the long term it has strengthened my online resolve.

:same:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Consummate Professional posted:

god i wish that was me

1909, have abandoned about half

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it's not their turn yet

LOCK THEM UP

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

This just means Musk will quit watching Fox and watch OAN.

He'll skip RadioFree Asia, though. He wants business in China.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kids in 2030 will unironically be wearing Nickelback or Creed shirts

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

usually the problem with kids' entertainment is that it sucks rear end. hell yeah affirmations are great

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

fuk u

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Schmoe Cwead posted:

to be fair his main business is selling status symbols that offen kill pedestrians and trap their clout seeking owner inside while bursting into flames

true but at least those have some function beyond pure status

that function becomes dying a fiery death on a long enough timeline but ya know people at least think they’re buying a conveyance in addition to the status it confers

it’s like that $1000 app that was made that was just a picture of a diamond to show you could pay for pure frivolity, it wraps back on itself and becomes a low status move

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/rosemarymosco/status/1588154540439879681?s=46&t=1sLa7FDxXEe94RcKL4uKjw

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

UFOTacoMan posted:

MANY SUCH CASES!!!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
cump

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

This just means Musk will quit watching Fox and watch OAN.

He'll skip RadioFree Asia, though. He wants business in China.

Tesla has sold 83k evs total in china. There have been 3.662 million ev sales in china this year. They aren't buying his poo poo lol. And the chinese government sure as poo poo isn't going to buy his garbage rockets lol

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Salt Fish posted:

They are using code words to explain to each other that black people ride the subway.

I moved from a small town in the midwest growing my own chickens to living in the big city in the 80s and I had a rough time transitioning. I was especially troubled about eye contact. The basic behavior of people in the two physical environments was so different as to disorient me. People are trained or conditioned to be hostile to outsiders, minorities, women, over time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
China is sending a team of agents to have sex with him at this instant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Hatebag posted:

Tesla has sold 83k evs total in china. There have been 3.662 million ev sales in china this year. They aren't buying his poo poo lol. And the chinese government sure as poo poo isn't going to buy his garbage rockets lol

Wait you're telling me he said that Taiwan poo poo for free?

lmao