Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

someone from autosport said the red bull was not the fastest car for the half the season. not sure how you can say this when they were obviously faster in race trimsince at least miami, the 5th race. and at that point red bull had mostly got a hand on their reliability issues. charles got a lot of poles, but that's because he's a great driver and the ferrari excels at hot laps, but shreds the tires. also as seen in miami. they've gone all in on defending max for some reason. i'm not saying max is a bad driver. he is a bad person though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ArmZ posted:

someone from autosport said the red bull was not the fastest car for the half the season. not sure how you can say this when they were obviously faster in race trimsince at least miami, the 5th race. and at that point red bull had mostly got a hand on their reliability issues. charles got a lot of poles, but that's because he's a great driver and the ferrari excels at hot laps, but shreds the tires. also as seen in miami. they've gone all in on defending max for some reason. i'm not saying max is a bad driver. he is a bad person though.

ehh that happens any time someone has a dominant season but yeah. schumi, Hamilton and Verstappen fans all had to claim that them winning more than half the races was not because of a dominant car

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ArmZ posted:

This might have something to do with Red Bull (the team that has been the most open to the media for years with Horner talking to whoever would listen) randomly blacklisting someone from a major broadcaster for not spouting the red bull narrative.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

SocksAndSandals posted:

They need to add this to F1 asap

That was Max’s 2019 season

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ArmZ posted:

RBR and Ferrari were lining up ver/lec, sai/per for roughly half the season. No one has forgotten the Ferrari memes, but seem to have forgotten they very literally threw away race winning positions for the entire mid part of the season. It was either team's to play for for a long time.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Khablam posted:

RBR and Ferrari were lining up ver/lec, sai/per for roughly half the season. No one has forgotten the Ferrari memes, but seem to have forgotten they very literally threw away race winning positions for the entire mid part of the season. It was either team's to play for for a long time.

eehhh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

after miami i don't think you can say red bull had any substantial challenge. even if ferrari didn't throw away places the only time they had the car clearly right was austria.

e: drat i knew carlos had a lot of retirements but not that many

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Off the top of my head,
Spain - threw away the win by everyone's estimation
Monaco - didnt win and HAD POLE POSITION
Azerbaijan - threw away at least 2nd position from reliability
UK - hosed up the late call when it was anyone's to win
austria - won
france - pole, arguably there on race pace but another classic WTF ferrari strat meltdown

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Yeah, without mechanical failures, strategy errors, or unforced acute driver errors, Ferrari looked like they were in a good position for a win in Spain, Monaco, Silverstone (Leclerc), France, and maybe Hungary. Baku and Montreal could have been at least a competition were it not for failures / penalties.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i don't think that shows ferrari had a substantially faster car in race trim for half the season, although ferrari was closer to RB at that point. for the first four or so races I think the ferrari was slightly faster.

spain - spain favors the ferrari design relative to the RB, but the RB was right there, even though verstappen went in to the gravel and had DRS problems.

monaco - again, favors the ferrari, but RB was right there in qualifying. and sainz got the strategy right somehow. plus it was wet so weird things happen.

baku - ferrari had reliability issues because they were pushing the car for top end speed on a track that favors RB.

UK - max had damage to the car and a bad drive and finished 7th on a track that favors RB. perez finished second on a track that doesn't favor his driving style.

austria - "only time they clearly had the car right"

france - leclerc spun out. his tires were going and he would not have held on anyway.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Monaco doesn't count as a race and should have no points. (And no cars, and no race.)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ArmZ posted:

i don't think that shows ferrari had a substantially faster car in race trim for half the season, although ferrari was closer to RB at that point. for the first four or so races I think the ferrari was slightly faster.

spain - spain favors the ferrari design relative to the RB, but the RB was right there, even though verstappen went in to the gravel and had DRS problems.

monaco - again, favors the ferrari, but RB was right there in qualifying. and sainz got the strategy right somehow. plus it was wet so weird things happen.

baku - ferrari had reliability issues because they were pushing the car for top end speed on a track that favors RB.

UK - max had damage to the car and a bad drive and finished 7th on a track that favors RB. perez finished second on a track that doesn't favor his driving style.

austria - "only time they clearly had the car right"

france - leclerc spun out. his tires were going and he would not have held on anyway.
"favors the ferrari" is a weird way of saying I was right.
If you stop looking at the results table and what caused them, Ferrari have been consistent enough on pace bar the last 3rd of the season

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Khablam posted:

"favors the ferrari" is a weird way of saying I was right.
If you stop looking at the results table and what caused them, Ferrari have been consistent enough on pace bar the last 3rd of the season

did you even read what i wrote. lmao.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Imola - The one where Leclerc and Sainz broke the car
Spain - The one where Ferrari had reliability issues
Monaco - The one where Ferrari strategy struck
Baku - The one where Ferrari blew up
France - The one where Leclerc breaks the car again.
Austria - The one where Ferrari blows up again, but this time it's only one car
Hungary - The one where Ferrari strategy strategy struck again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ah yes but you see, ferrari keeps their promises to gently caress up, unlike mercedes who never promises anything but ROOLZ

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Oh thank god

I thought we would have to go without their impressive statistical prowess and tactical calls

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1588141035712036865?s=20&t=1U7q7CTBSnwBdqCzWI7btQ

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://news.flinders.edu.au/blog/2022/10/31/not-so-tough-teflon/

Explains the brain worms itt

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Forza!!! #forzaferrari

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ehh that happens any time someone has a dominant season but yeah. schumi, Hamilton and Verstappen fans all had to claim that them winning more than half the races was not because of a dominant car

True but Verstappen fans seem to think that the RBR is like the 3rd best car or something based on Perez’s performances.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The Ferrari is certainly faster over a single lap generally.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frond posted:

True but Verstappen fans seem to think that the RBR is like the 3rd best car or something based on Perez’s performances.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The Ferrari is certainly faster over a single lap generally.

I was deeply dreading Verstappen getting big because I'm old enough to remember when Dutch racing forum posters would say that Jos Verstappen is actually really good and he had some great performances in the Orange Arrows and he would be a multiple race winner if he replaced David Coulthard or some poo poo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I was deeply dreading Verstappen getting big because I'm old enough to remember when Dutch racing forum posters would say that Jos Verstappen is actually really good and he had some great performances in the Orange Arrows and he would be a multiple race winner if he replaced David Coulthard or some poo poo

those sound like awful posts to have read, op

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Same here. They also would get really mad when you would (correctly) point out that PdR was actually faster.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Enjoy gramma's 200 year old grease from the loving civil war on your cast iron caveman cookware. Meanwhile Cathy Mitchell keeping my brain extremely worm-free with her copper pans.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
At least no one on this dead forum ever gets overly enthusiastic about mediocre and outright bad drivers.

On a completely unrelated note, what happened to the local Little Mick defense force? Have they moved on to DTM already?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Remember when Stewart replaced Jan Magnussen with Verstappen for some inexplicable reason and he did even worse.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

marshalljim posted:

At least no one on this dead forum ever gets overly enthusiastic about mediocre and outright bad drivers.

On a completely unrelated note, what happened to the local Little Mick defense force? Have they moved on to DTM already?

I found it very funny for a time when there was an online movement of weirdos screeching for AT to drop Tsunoda for Mick Schumacher.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

marshalljim posted:

I found it very funny for a time when there was an online movement of weirdos screeching for AT to drop Tsunoda for Mick Schumacher.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Charles Leclerc posted:

Enjoy gramma's 200 year old grease from the loving civil war on your cast iron caveman cookware. Meanwhile Cathy Mitchell keeping my brain extremely worm-free with her copper pans.

Who said anything about cast iron

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Who said anything about cast iron

I didn't want to assume you'd be a stainless steel sadist that is constantly temperature checking their pan and what they were cooking. F

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cathy Mitchell's Red Copper cookware is literally the future of cooking just lmao if you cave men use cast iron or teflon

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i just grab a fist full of meat and hold it over an open flame with my bare hand

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I knew Liz Truss really poo poo the bed but I didn't think things were that bad in the UK because of the mini budget

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

italian quid posted:

I knew Liz Truss really poo poo the bed but I didn't think things were that bad in the UK because of the mini budget

they're not, some folks just get very gloomy about maybe having to wait a little longer for a train when the alternative is "paying decent wages"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah there's a lot people desperate to blame things being hosed on either Ukraine or the mini-budget, when the reality is that the country has been running on fumes for the past decade and things are finally starting to collapse as a result.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If only there was a large multi-national trading bloc you could join that not only allowed freedom of movement to goods but also to labour as well allowing workers to partake in the same benefits of free trade that corporations receive 🤔

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

marshalljim posted:

:lando:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

you better not be implying what i think you're implying sonny jim

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

If only there was a large multi-national trading bloc you could join that not only allowed freedom of movement to goods but also to labour as well allowing workers to partake in the same benefits of free trade that corporations receive 🤔
Sounds like a good idea if the home country of the best race team (Ducati Corse, Italia) is a member of it. Hope some day the downtrodden and pitiable “United” Kingdom can join!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

italian quid posted:

problem there m8 is they let Poles in and you just gotta look at this season to see how pole-averse Brits are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

marshalljim posted:

Please not another loving Schumacher in DTM. The only good Schumacher in DTM was Michael who hosed right off after one race. At least David even lacks the skill to actually kill someone with a GT3 car...I mean he tried all year but ended up in the hospital by his own.