Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

The issue is we're all goons, we are all aware of the history of goons. I can completely empathize it would feel like a persecution for trying to do a helpful things (guilty into proven innocent, etc etc of course would feel sucky), but also we're all acutely aware of goon history and those feelings should be transformed from persecution to broader-understanding & sympathizing that people have cause for questioning based on past-performance, and again that it's not the personal-character that's being called into question nor a personal-inquisition standing trial.

I've been constructing a cross for tomorrow

e: to put myself on

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 07:05 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I think a lot of people don't realize that if Plinkey spent $300-$600 a month of the fund's money on streamers and loot boxes it would still have a higher percentage of money going to those in need than most charities. Even the best charities have like 10% overhead. Plinkey's allegedly has negative overhead because when he runs out of Patreon money he just starts sending his own money. Hyperfixating on the bureaucracy just makes you look callous.

Patreon takes about 20%.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
money to arf. now.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Farm Frenzy posted:

you are a liberal

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Turn on your monitor

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

drat, hard to imagine not trusting this guy.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Plinkey posted:

there's a shocking amount of people throwing themselves onto a pyre for you and this project. this and posting people's personal emails as a transparent attempt to childishly emotionally manipulate people into dropping it is extremely disrespectful to them, at the very least. you could at least not undercut their efforts so blatantly for your own personal (emotional or otherwise) gain

Paladinus posted:

Patreon takes about 20%.

we doing know this for sure. but it would be nice to know, for sure.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

you can easily go onto Patreon’s website to see their fee schedule.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606125-My-earnings-fees-founding-creator-
It doesn’t look like they take more than 5% so idk where people are getting the 20% number from

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

VideoKid posted:

you can easily go onto Patreon’s website to see their fee schedule.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606125-My-earnings-fees-founding-creator-
It doesn’t look like they take more than 5% so idk where people are getting the 20% number from

thats how much patreon, specifically, takes. this does not include processing fees and the additional fee to move it over to the bank account. this also does not include VAT fees or US income tax (which they began collecting this year)

ex (mine, on the "insights" tab):

i have the slightly more favorable "founders" plan bc ive been on it since it started so mine is "only" (lol) 15%. 20% was my guess with the new plan. depending on the tier

e: oh yeah this article is about the founding fee lol. the new one is here
https://www.patreon.com/pricing

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

your username is incredibly accurate

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

your username is incredibly accurate

Where exactly was the 'fun' in this scenario?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fsmhunk posted:

Where exactly was the 'fun' in this scenario?

:boom:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

fun hater posted:

there's a shocking amount of people throwing themselves onto a pyre for you and this project. this and posting people's personal emails as a transparent attempt to childishly emotionally manipulate people into dropping it is extremely disrespectful to them, at the very least.

gently caress, and i want to be extremely specific here, you

who the gently caress died and appointed you the spokesperson for exactly anything? like i get this is all fuckin concern trolling from a giant sack of poo poo but like, you dont get to speak for what is disrespectful to me or to any other fuckin person. what's disrespectful is all of this loving circus and specifically your involvement in it

eat poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'd like to see some basic accounting too, but it's not hard to understand how posting about it :) in bad faith :) even if you mean what you say :) is not constructive and really just amounts to making GBS threads on a guy who never volunteered for this bullshit. The fund is a black box, but if there were any flaw in the testimonials, or they were not numerous, I'm confident we wouldn't have heard the end of it from the PYF crew, so clearly it's helping people.

If you and 500 good dogs want the same thing, then what is the issue here?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4jIlFwuLU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:eek:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

fun hater posted:

there's a shocking amount of people throwing themselves onto a pyre for you and this project. this and posting people's personal emails as a transparent attempt to childishly emotionally manipulate people into dropping it is extremely disrespectful to them, at the very least. you could at least not undercut their efforts so blatantly for your own personal (emotional or otherwise) gain

Dude, you explicitly said in the other charity thread that you hate cspam. Sorry, but you hosed it up, you don't get to concern troll anymore if you can't stop yourself from doing loving shakespearean asides about how much you hate the cunts that you're nominally advising.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Dude, you explicitly said in the other charity thread that you hate cspam. Sorry, but you hosed it up, you don't get to concern troll anymore if you can't stop yourself from doing loving shakespearean asides about how much you hate the cunts that you're nominally advising.

People like them enjoy this stuff from beginning to end and that's all there is to it. They know what they're doing and the pushback you and everyone else gives them is part of the fun.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Paladinus posted:

Patreon takes about 20%.

Then like I said it's still better than most charities, for which the average is like 33% spent on overhead, and zero of that 20% goes to Plinkey, who, again, professes that he dips into his own funds to buy food for goons when the fund is dry.

Maybe you just don't believe him, which is fine, but also he's not going to prove it to you, and doesn't have to. If there were a dearth of evidence he was helping people then the PYF crew would be touting it. But no one has been able to say that he's not.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you and 500 good dogs want the same thing, then what is the issue here?

The issue is people being assholes to a guy who's doing a good thing because he won't appease them on their schedule.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

please gently caress off from this thread forever

i don't know why people in this thread would do that, most of whom i've never actually talked to or really interacted with directly? do you have any idea? any, at all? because it helped them?

all emails were posted with permission

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That's doxxing sorry

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this is a load of craps (table), I sportsbet these libs are concern trolling. gambling

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

please gently caress off from this thread forever

i don't know why people in this thread would do that, most of whom i've never actually talked to or really interacted with directly? do you have any idea? any, at all? because it helped them?

all emails were posted with permission

Don't you think it's kind of lovely to ask anything of them considering the dynamic in play? You control if they get a potentially very important sum of money, what if they feel refusing you is not an option? Just kind of a gross thing to do even if they were all 100% fine with it IMHO.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

Don't you think it's kind of lovely to ask anything of them considering the dynamic in play? You control if they get a potentially very important sum of money, what if they feel refusing you is not an option? Just kind of a gross thing to do even if they were all 100% fine with it IMHO.

Yup, every single thing Plinkey has done has been lovely and gross. Trying to help out people? The shittiest and grossest thing one can do. Did you all know he's gambled? Like wagered money? IN AMERICA?!?!?!?!

Gross poo poo, imo. But not as gross as trying to wring drama out of a charity thread.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Yup, every single thing Plinkey has done has been lovely and gross. Trying to help out people? The shittiest and grossest thing one can do. Did you all know he's gambled? Like wagered money? IN AMERICA?!?!?!?!

Gross poo poo, imo. But not as gross as trying to wring drama out of a charity thread.

That doesn't even remotely adress anything I said. But I'll bite, I don't agree that trying to 'wring drama' out of this thread is as concerning as the potential explotation of very vulnerable people. The framing that people don't actually care about this and are just trying to start trouble isn't reflective of reality, where the only reason people care at all is the idea of someone in desperate need being at the mercy of someone who, at best, hasn't always displayed the best judgement and is extremely hostile to even the mildest inquiry or criticism is rather distressing.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

WampaLord posted:

they didnt say any of that, wahts wrong with you

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

That doesn't even remotely adress anything I said. But I'll bite, I don't agree that trying to 'wring drama' out of this thread is as concerning as the potential explotation of very vulnerable people. The framing that people don't actually care about this and are just trying to start trouble isn't reflective of reality, where the only reason people care at all is the idea of someone in desperate need being at the mercy of someone who, at best, hasn't always displayed the best judgement and is extremely hostile to even the mildest inquiry or criticism is rather distressing.

Many many concerns you have, yes. Much concerning.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they said all of that, you're a great poster

thanks, ait

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Many many concerns you have, yes. Much concerning.

thanks, ait

Are you 12?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fsmhunk posted:

The criticism of the goonfund has included disbelief that the money is actually going to people. No evidence of money sent is proof of Plinkey being a lovely person. Evidence of money sent is also proof of Plinkey being a lovely person. There's a new fund thread you can go post in if you don't like Plinkey.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The criticism of the goonfund has included disbelief that the money is actually going to people. No evidence of money sent is proof of Plinkey being a lovely person. Evidence of money sent is also proof of Plinkey being a lovely person. There's a new fund thread you can go post in if you don't like Plinkey.

This is a complete copy paste job and doesn't engage with my post at all. You could have posted this in response to any critical post in this thread and it would be just as (or just as not) relevant.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Fsmhunk posted:

This is a complete copy paste job and doesn't engage with my post at all. You could have posted this in response to any critical post in this thread and it would be just as (or just as not) relevant.

There was a total of one person who fell through the cracks that plinky apologized too. You are acting like people aren’t getting aid and that’s not the case. If you don’t like how transparent plinky is then just gently caress off to the other thread.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VideoKid posted:

There was a total of one person who fell through the cracks that plinky apologized too. You are acting like people aren’t getting aid and that’s not the case. If you don’t like how transparent plinky is then just gently caress off to the other thread.

Please quote where I said people weren't getting any money. Indeed, the premise of my post at Plinkey would REQUIRE him to at least give the posters in question money that one time, and potentially in the future. Either you didn't read my post and just assumed everyone has the exact same criticisms, or you're just creating an argument you'd rather have than trying to adress what I said in this reality.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

Please quote where I said people weren't getting any money. Indeed, the premise of my post at Plinkey would REQUIRE him to at least give the posters in question money that one time, and potentially in the future. Either you didn't read my post and just assumed everyone has the exact same criticisms, or you're just creating an argument you'd rather have than trying to adress what I said in this reality.

You're not owed a reply. If people are telling you to gently caress off or that you're not getting it because you're arguing people are getting tricked when this is all stuff we were told explicitly would be the case before giving a penny you need to look inward for answers as to why you're not getting engagement or people are talking to you like you're a newborn baby. Stop wasting your time. Contribute to the new project if your concerns are genuine or find drama elsewhere if you're just bored.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

You're not owed a reply. If people are telling you to gently caress off or that you're not getting it because you're arguing people are getting tricked when this is all stuff we were told explicitly would be the case before giving a penny you need to look inward for answers as to why you're not getting engagement or people are talking to you like you're a newborn baby. Stop wasting your time. Contribute to the new project if your concerns are genuine or find drama elsewhere if you're just bored.

My posts did not say people were being tricked, just that Plinkey had displayed poor judgement, and he should have more tact considering what this thread is and what he does in it. Of course anyone is free to just ignore me, but I wasn't asking for a response, merely that if people WERE going to respond to me, they at least actually respond to what I said. Nothing I said in these exchanges was even remotely over the line.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

My posts did not say people were being tricked, just that Plinkey had displayed poor judgement, and he should have more tact considering what this thread is and what he does in it. Of course anyone is free to just ignore me, but I wasn't asking for a response, merely that if people WERE going to respond to me, they at least actually respond to what I said. Nothing I said in these exchanges was even remotely over the line.

I never said anything you said was over any line, and your opinion on how he should comport himself in his own thread he's been running for years is noted. I've pulled up notepad and written it down. Are you good now? This isn't a general chat thread, trying to keep something nobody is engaging with going isn't going to make anybody happy.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

I never said anything you said was over any line, and your opinion on how he should comport himself in his own thread he's been running for years is noted. I've pulled up notepad and written it down. Are you good now? This isn't a general chat thread, trying to keep something nobody is engaging with going isn't going to make anybody happy.

No I'm not good, and I won't be until people in desperate need of finacial aid aren't at the mercy of a loving maniac and the gang of defiantly ignorant morons that populate this thread. For how outraged you all acted when people asked for even slight imrpovements, it sure does seem like you don't actually care at all. I'm sorry if as someone who has actually been in situations like this it pisses me off, but I said my peace and I'll leave you to it. I really hope I'm wrong about all of this.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Okay sorry, I'll update my notes. I had "thinks Plinkey should comport himself better", I'll replace it with "thinks Plinkey is a maniac and all posters here are ignorant morons." Have a good day.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I was about to say just report the concern troll and move on, but then I realized they were trolling a moderator. Good on ya, mods.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fsmhunk posted:

No I'm not good, and I won't be until people in desperate need of finacial aid aren't at the mercy of a loving maniac and the gang of defiantly ignorant morons that populate this thread. For how outraged you all acted when people asked for even slight imrpovements, it sure does seem like you don't actually care at all. I'm sorry if as someone who has actually been in situations like this it pisses me off, but I said my peace and I'll leave you to it. I really hope I'm wrong about all of this.
hi, im involved in the new thread that's coming about with more transparency, and i would like to take a moment and say you're a dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fsmhunk posted:

Here's a copy-paste job for you

Azathoth posted:

Okay, everyone who I 6ered consider yourselves on notice in this thread. It's pretty clear none of you have any interest in anything but starting poo poo in here and are just piggybacking on the calls for accountability. You've got a wholeass thread where you can discuss drama to your heart's content, post about the goonfund in there, not here.