Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’m pressing X to skip your posts but it’s not working.

Hey it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Any word on mw2?I see Vanguard is still $69 lol.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ghost Song is out on game pass. I like the art style.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

nom epique posted:

What kind of word are you looking for? It's released and ready to be bought right now.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm really bad at it and you probably will be too because it's brutal. But one step from Eden is great. It's also frantic and makes my brain melt.

Holy gently caress you were not lying. One Step From Eden is bizarre and neat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finished Hellsinger and learned to my acute displeasure that several trophies are bugged

positive overall though. the final boss especially was excellent, had me sweating even on Normal

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

nom epique posted:

I'm having fun with the multiplayer although I'm very rusty as I haven't played much shootmans in 2022. I never played a MW before (the old ones or the new one) so I dunno if it's the standard practice but the one thing I don't really like is that attachments are unlocked per "weapon platform" and you have to level up all of the weapons in that platform to unlock all the attachments for it. I'm used to just picking a weapon and sticking with it until it's fully unlocked.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That’s one of the big new features and some people are mad that they gotta play different weapons to unlock what they want lol. I like it because you can unlock some attachments across weapons (like scopes)

It’s so much better than Vanguard in general

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the only thing I wasn't a huge fan of is that a lot of attachments require you to use guns that you don't even unlock until higher levels. luckily this isn't a problem for a pro e-sports player like me who can rack up XP real quick but it's a little annoying

overall MW2 is a fantastic game and just as good as MW2019. will likely be better than 2019 once more of the game's MP content is launched

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
So how long till you’re paying separately with Xbox bucks for each attachment ?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah MW2 is great and has been an amazingly smooth launch by AAA standards. I feel like the current game is almost practically a beta and it will be the "real" game once warzone 2/dmz launches along with the store and battlepass and all that stuff. Hopefully gets a lot of QoL stuff (especially the menus which.. are bad)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nom epique posted:

It’s very bad. The maps are completely trash, the unlock system is nothing but grind, and the TTK/TTD is hosed. Putting 20 rounds from an M4 into a guy just to have him one shot you is very common.

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s the worst cod I’ve ever played, and I’ve played them all except Infinite Warfare and Vanguard. It’s the only Xbox game I’ve ever refunded.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Control is free to play for the next couple of days.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Skill issue?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cool game OP. Didn't like the dlc as much unfortunately

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Control is free to play for the next couple of days.

Good game, and it has God mode and stuff like that for the people who don't want to deal with the combat.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mean i get it but i dont know why you'd play a game where you dont want to deal with 90% of it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean i get it but i dont know why you'd play a game where you dont want to deal with 90% of it

Eh, I've got a friend who is a huge spooky poo poo / buffy fan but she's not a big gamer. The atmosphere of control is 1000% her poo poo but she doesn't play games where she can die. So, it's perfect for her.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The lore, atmosphere, visual design, music etc. is all really cool in Control. I used the accessibility sliders pretty liberally because I too wasn't really looking for a challenge. It's a good game no matter how you choose to play it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Control was rad I hope they make more games set in that universe or whatever (not alan wake tho)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

priznat posted:

Control was rad I hope they make more games set in that universe or whatever (not alan wake tho)

Jessie is a loving awesome protagonist and I agree.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

It’s very bad. The maps are completely trash, the unlock system is nothing but grind, and the TTK/TTD is hosed. Putting 20 rounds from an M4 into a guy just to have him one shot you is very common.

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s the worst cod I’ve ever played, and I’ve played them all except Infinite Warfare and Vanguard. It’s the only Xbox game I’ve ever refunded.

Yeah I was trying to keep an open mind on it, I liked it at first, but the more I play the more I am realizing that even Vanguard is a better game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

External Organs posted:

Jessie is a loving awesome protagonist and I agree.

Go ADHD representation in video games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

priznat posted:

There are currently two Control games in varyingly early development at Remedy: Codename Condor (a four-player co-op spinoff) and Codename Heron (something larger, probably a full-on sequel).

Remedy has a lot on their plate, tbh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Kins posted:

There are currently two Control games in varyingly early development at Remedy: Codename Condor (a four-player co-op spinoff) and Codename Heron (something larger, probably a full-on sequel).

Remedy has a lot on their plate, tbh.

cool! also max payne remasters!

My only beef with Control is how it went for the "blurry shadow" badguys like Prey etc.. not a fan of that.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I thought Control was kind of let down by it’s shooting mechanics. That’s really my only gripe with it, the worldbuilding is top notch.

Definitely could’ve used a better song during the one section, but that’s subjective.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

Definitely could’ve used a better song during the one section, but that’s subjective.

That's the wrongest subjective take I've ever heard. (To each their own :))

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

By the way, if anyone loved the atmosphere of Control but hasn't watched Severance on Apple TV, you've got to check that poo poo out asap.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I get severance and succession mixed up in my head because I’ve seen neither and people love both

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Control was amazing, extremely my vibe and I was very very thankful for being able to one-shot boring bulletsponge bosses. I almost lost my poo poo at the guy who had fridge-watching duty, it was funny as hell.

And the Ashtray Maze was hands down the best part of the game. :rock:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

External Organs posted:

By the way, if anyone loved the atmosphere of Control but hasn't watched Severance on Apple TV, you've got to check that poo poo out asap.

Best show since Lost.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Thinking back I can’t believe how good control is. So much of it rested on Jessie being a believable person in that insane Lynch/X-files government conspiracy situation. The writing and acting is above almost all other games.

Feels like only rdr2 and TLoU can stand aside it.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I might be able to grab one on monday

what is essential. im mostly getting it for emulation

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A USB 3.0 external SSD and a set of at least 4 rechargeable AAs.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Control is a top 5 all time game for me. Everything about it worked.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

External Organs posted:

If you had a power drill pressed up against my head and told me to subscribe to Apple TV or you'd drill my head I would say "pull the trigger". And I don't quite understand why.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lammasu posted:

If you had a power drill pressed up against my head and told me to subscribe to Apple TV or you'd drill my head I would say "pull the trigger". And I don't quite understand why.

Severance is alone worth the sub, so drat good.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You can get two months free here and cancel immediately: http://redeem.apple.com/atvselena-emeia

There's a native Xbox app with dynamic HDR/spatial audio support, go watch the best series in years.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I might be able to grab one on monday

what is essential. im mostly getting it for emulation

If you have any interest in Game Pass at all, consider the conversion trick. It's insane value, but might not be worth it for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

You know what I could really go for right now? Another subscription service. Another account to sign up for. Another account to manage and send me spam emails. Another streaming app with another lovely UI to learn and to scream ads at me and to hate. I can't get enough. gently caress yes. Roll me right down the hill and off the cliff and onto the jagged rocks below.