Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

they can't. if there's cause he can fire the person whose responsibility it is to reschedule drugs and appoint a replacement based solely on their promise to do so, but he can't do it unilaterally. at best he can order the DOJ to stop prosecuting cases and the FBI/DEA to stop investigations based solely around cannabis but that can be immediately reversed by the next guy (and the DEA/FBI don't really have to listen anyway)

e: and I think it needs to be voted on by the House anyway? I forget but this all came up when Obama asked for the same thing in 2014

e2: ok so the controlled substances act allows Congress to schedule drugs but for the last few decades they've mostly left it up to the head of the DEA who's done it unilaterally (although in theory the HHS has the same power). it can never be unscheduled due to international treaties, some people think due to those treaties the lowest it could legally be moved is schedule 2

didnt realize we had John Fetterman posting among us but this is one brain-damaged rear end post

"international treaties" oh brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Biden would love to legalize weed, but the other countries would nuke us into oblivion if he dared deschedule it :ohdear:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
It's me, I'm the person who is responsible for rescheduling drugs, put me in coach! Whoever this current magical person is kind of sucks at their job. Or five magical people/entities because that's about how many the Controlled Substances Act says can gently caress with the drug schedules. It was written to be a nimble, malleable law! Congress has delegated to let the President do whatever international treaty wise for so long there's virtually no risk from the President reneging on the cannabis rules that the US pushed for in the first place disturbing the sanctity of rules based international whatever or checks and balances concerns, Congress gave that up a long time ago.

Biden can easily achieve rescheduling cannabis he just doesn't give a poo poo about doing so, the political jockeying to get it done without Congress is the simplest poo poo but of course that kind of politics is above the Democrats' pay grade or whatever disgusting flippant line they're pushing today as an excuse for being such abject failures at everything.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
gonna lmao when a republican president just does it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
we need to be tougher on weed. tired of bong logic

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Whenever it's suggested the President do Good Thing, and someone replies with a lot of words about how Good Thing can't be done, it's interesting that those same words do not apply to when President wants to do Bad Thing (i.e. committing genocide in a region or running concentration camps).

Ah well, nothing to be done I suppose! That's what the inbred rapists who founded this country wanted.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Joe Biden pretending to legalize weed was hilarious

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Private Cumshoe posted:

won't somebody please think about the international weed treaties!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

"international treaties" oh brother

they're dumb but any federal appeals court would strike down a law that deschedules it immediately

Private Cumshoe posted:

Biden can easily achieve rescheduling cannabis

yes I said as much, he just needs to fire the head of the DEA (or HHS)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

spacemang_spliff posted:

say what you want about Obama (and there's a lot to say), he really hit the loving nail on the head with "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone"

pres. cotton just gonna go out there and do it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
hell, he should fire Merrick Garland too!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

spacemang_spliff posted:

President Matthew Geatz will be the most progressive president of our lives

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the National Cartel of Weedlords will show up to the Trump white house with a bag of money and it will be done the next day.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fetterman's going on The View

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i say swears online posted:

what could have changed since the debate to make them think putting him in front of cameras talking again is a good idea, lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao no way

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Barbara Walters: "I'd like to ask you about your recent comments about fracking"
Fetterman "raaaargh"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

uber_stoat posted:

Barbara Walters: "I'd like to ask you about your recent comments about fracking"
Fetterman "raaaargh"

lmao

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

$500/hr consultant: remember, this is about showcasing the real you. be natural. just have fun out there!

fetterman: blank stare out the window

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
He just needs to be present next to The View panelists, he'll look like a genius by just staying silent

Frankly it's what The View demo wants anyway

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Why is everything so stupid

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1588255554698620928?s=20&t=8H9c7WzI3_i2O6JqfyPvpg

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
Seems bad to put a guy who should be focusing on recovering from a stroke that's clearly causing him significant dysphasia through this kind of stress, but I guess abusing their candidates and base is just what the Democrats do

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Shogi posted:

Seems bad to put a guy who should be focusing on recovering from a stroke that's clearly causing him significant dysphasia through this kind of stress, but I guess abusing their candidates and base is just what the Democrats do

I also voted for Conner Lamb

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I loving love Connor Lamb so much they call me the mutton man

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Connor lamb more like Connor Goat

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i met him when he was mayor of braddock he was cool

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

joy behar: John, thanks for being here. what would you say is best part of campaigning in Pennsylvania?
Fetterman: *ignores the question until his wife prods him into motion* fracking. I support fracking, and I do support fracking *produces a Sheetz hoagie from his cargo shorts and begins eating while maintaining unblinking eye contact with the camera*

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Do you know the mutton man?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

John Fetterman ftw

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Wamsutta posted:

joy behar: John, thanks for being here. what would you say is best part of campaigning in Pennsylvania?
Fetterman: *ignores the question until his wife prods him into motion* fracking. I support fracking, and I do support fracking *produces a Sheetz hoagie from his cargo shorts and begins eating while maintaining unblinking eye contact with the camera*
so you’re saying he’s going to win

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

uber_stoat posted:

Fetterman "raaaargh"

Big LOL :D

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

uber_stoat posted:

Fetterman "raaaargh"

How would this be scary to that kid? They love getting thrown in the pool.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

who is advising this guy

is it the guy who came up with the Hillary dnc song

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

EVERYBODY
HAVE YOU HEARD?
IF YOU'RE IN THE GAME
THEN STROKE'S THE WORD

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
At worst, Fetterman might be the 4th most brain damaged senator, realistically he might not crack the top 10.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

At worst, Fetterman might be the 4th most brain damaged senator, realistically he might not crack the top 10.

america!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not a senator but paul gosar has advanced Parkinson's and won't admit it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Trash Ops posted:

i met him when he was mayor of braddock he was cool

no, he wasn't

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

He's ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Feinstein has his fat rear end beat by a mile