Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Escobarbarian posted:

People are such whiny losers about spoilers and assuming the world is out to get them these days that even after putting “100% SPOILER FREE” in the title of the review SkillUp still has a like 40 second section at the beginning just repeating over and over that there aren’t any spoilers

I once looked at a 'spoiler free' guide for a game recently.

The table of contents that you have to scroll through was as follows:

1. Spoiler-free tips
2. Spoiler-free guide
3. Maps
4. Tips for final boss fight against <name of final boss that is a huge spoiler>

Yeah, I can see why people are wary about declarations of 'spoiler free'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ok I guess I am spending £70 on a game after all

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Youtube is pretty annoying if you've been following any game for awhile because the second it hits 12:01 GMT your recommended feed will start throwing out random bozos with titles like GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK SECRET ENDING KRATOS KISSES THOR and this has not been addressed in my 10+ years on the platform.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I recently looked up an early Persona 5 cutscene because I accidentally skipped it. I had to delete it from my watch history because for YouTube that was carte blanche to inundate me with every other moment in the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*The Aristocrats voice* The Algorithm!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know what it is I’m doing on YouTube that means I never see these spoiler videos but hopefully I can keep on doing it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Downloading Nioh 2 now but I'm not sure if I should be starting this a week before GOW.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Couldn't find a God of War Ragnarok thread so I made one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016602

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

are you guys actual complaining about “stable 60fps, dynamic resolution that ranges from 1440-4k”?
lmao

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I’m normally not too bothered by spoilers and can memory hole little snippets or ignore things for lack of context pretty easily, but I did get pretty pissed when Wolfenstein New Colossus came out and some random YT channel immediately put up a thumbnail pic of one of the major characters obviously very dead. Not cool!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I will be playing it in performance mode. Dont really care what god of war looks like. More interested in what it sounds like and what it feels like

But how will you know whether the mouth feel is the same in all quality modes? Maybe 4k is nicer on the teeth?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

Couldn't find a God of War Ragnarok thread so I made one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016602
just a reminder that :kratos: ( : Kratos: ) exists

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

Ok I guess I am spending £70 on a game after all

If you’re buying it digitally make sure you buy PSN cards from shopto instead and save yourself 10-15%

I think the 2x£35 card option is the best bang for your buck to get to £70

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hopper posted:

But how will you know whether the mouth feel is the same in all quality modes? Maybe 4k is nicer on the teeth?

*dualsense lodged in my throat while straddling my subwoofer* mmhhllgh llggggff lkmmffghhh!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does santa monica know this console is supposed to trace rays?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I felt ripped by paying full launch price for GoW2018 because it was pretty short but Ragnarok is apparently a lot longer so that’s reassuring

I just started 2018 so hearing it's on the short side is kind of a relief (plus I got it for free)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Does santa monica know this console is supposed to trace rays?

God of War 2 is a ps4 game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GameCentral/status/1588123955923193858?s=20&t=IdL9p3ihKYT1iQJ4yYjtCA

Boo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

I just started 2018 so hearing it's on the short side is kind of a relief (plus I got it for free)

it’s around 20 hours if you charge to the end and you can add another 15 if you go for side content, which is pretty beefy for its genre

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah GoW 2018 has a lot of side content. It's much more of an RPG than the old PS2/3 games were, and that includes wandering around doing optional missions.

:rip:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Appreciated, 20 seems fair

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you’re buying it digitally make sure you buy PSN cards from shopto instead and save yourself 10-15%

I think the 2x£35 card option is the best bang for your buck to get to £70

Nice one, forgot about this method. Cheers!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red Warrior posted:

Sounds like God of War Ragnarok might be good. Reviews are up go check your favorite site but seems to be getting 9s and 10s pretty much across the board, running at 94 on metacricitc for whatever that's worth.

This will only last until they find the diminished puddle in one area and it'll drop 60 points

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

This will only last until they find the diminished puddle in one area and it'll drop 60 points

You kid, but this is why I don’t buy games on release. Attitudes always cool over time and create a much clearer picture of the game. It does sound like they improved enemy variety though. That’s a pretty good selling point on its own even if the game is more of the same.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BurningBeard posted:

It does sound like they improved enemy variety though. That’s a pretty good selling point on its own even if the game is more of the same.

I watched a dev video that seemed to imply they were well aware of that issue and purposefully worked on it. Better enemy variety and when the same ones do show up they’re changed up to keep things fresh. I never had an issue with it in GoW18 but that was great to hear.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it sounds like what I expected, the first game was a more reserved and quiet adventure (you know, by god of war standards) so it could be a launchpad for a gigantic overstuffed apocalypse extravaganza

it’s going to be bloated and plodding in spots no doubt, but I already got my stripped-down character study so I can’t grumble much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was meant to be going away tomorrow and getting back the day before Ragnarok comes out but due to COVID-related happenings I am now going away on the 11th so I am gonna cram so much Boying into those two days

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My ff14 sub runs out tomorrow and then there is an entire week before tactics ogre comes out. There is literally nothing interesting happening between now and then :(

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

BurningBeard posted:

You kid, but this is why I don’t buy games on release. Attitudes always cool over time and create a much clearer picture of the game. It does sound like they improved enemy variety though. That’s a pretty good selling point on its own even if the game is more of the same.

Bioshock Infinite went from being considered one of the greatest games of all time with a mind blowing ending to being largely panned and hated over the course of what felt like a week, maybe a month since launch at the most. (Though my memory might be hazy. Also there were people at the time who thought it was bad from the start.)

It does indeed sound like they improved enemy variety, which was a big complaint of mine. Also it sounds like the side quests are greatly improved and far more meaningful (no dude I don’t want to help you find the bones of your dead wife, especially when you said they could be literally any where, and that she was an evil witch. Also my kid and I are obviously right in the middle of something!). Also the fact that GoW Ragnarok is the conclusion of the story and actually has the important characters makes it far more compelling. Coming to GoW 2018 far after release in the lead up to Ragnarok, the 2018 game really just feels like a prologue and setup for this game. You spend a lot of time fighting a bunch of bit players in the 2018 game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

fridge corn posted:

My ff14 sub runs out tomorrow and then there is an entire week before tactics ogre comes out. There is literally nothing interesting happening between now and then :(

Entrophy Centre or Shattered Remastered?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lack of enemy types sucks. One of my least fav game problems

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It was pretty egregious in GoW, you fought the same troll what felt like a dozen times, including two of them at once

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
only buy remakes so you already know you like the thing youre paying for again yes this is a tactics ogre subpost

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pulcinella posted:

Bioshock Infinite went from being considered one of the greatest games of all time with a mind blowing ending to being largely panned and hated over the course of what felt like a week, maybe a month since launch at the most. (Though my memory might be hazy. Also there were people at the time who thought it was bad from the start.)

It does indeed sound like they improved enemy variety, which was a big complaint of mine. Also it sounds like the side quests are greatly improved and far more meaningful (no dude I don’t want to help you find the bones of your dead wife, especially when you said they could be literally any where, and that she was an evil witch. Also my kid and I are obviously right in the middle of something!). Also the fact that GoW Ragnarok is the conclusion of the story and actually has the important characters makes it far more compelling. Coming to GoW 2018 far after release in the lead up to Ragnarok, the 2018 game really just feels like a prologue and setup for this game. You spend a lot of time fighting a bunch of bit players in the 2018 game.

The narrative about bioshock infinite being the worst game ever doesn’t really extend past the forums and certain other pockets of the internet much, as far as I can tell.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, that game's critical reputation absolutely tanked in the years after release.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Idk if people call it the worst game ever but yeah its not one you hear people talk about much at all anymore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tim rogers hates it just saying

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
dang it I finally beat the Museum Boss (the Artist) first phase without a death and was so excited I totally fuckin blew it on the second phase and I didnt get the age I wanted.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Idk if people call it the worst game ever but yeah its not one you hear people talk about much at all anymore

Yeah I think of it as more of a game that’s been mostly forgotten than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Infinite was definitely a popular punching bag after the initial hype died down, it wasn’t just in this forum.