Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ruddiger posted:

I like James Gunn, but I didn’t get the hype for Peacemaker. It was extremely okay at best.
remove all the pointless improv banter and it would have been 4 good episodes instead of 8 exhausting ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Grendels Dad posted:

Is Sam Raimi also probably abusing women because of how he likes to torture Ted?

This got me thinking that of Raimi's Spider-Man had been as divisive as Man of Steel he might have gotten the Snyder treatment. We may have had a 2008 thread called the Raimidome where random GBS and BSS creeps came by to call him a rape king for the content in Evil Dead and Army of Darkmess.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Cavill just quit The Witcher (he's not coming back for S4), so it looks like he'll be freed up to Superman around.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Darko posted:

Cavill just quit The Witcher (he's not coming back for S4), so it looks like he'll be freed up to Superman around.

Witcher was probably Netflix’s higher profile shows so I doubt they could recast and replace Cavill and I assume would be done

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Gatts posted:

Witcher was probably Netflix’s higher profile shows so I doubt they could recast and replace Cavill and I assume would be done

They did...

...with Liam Hemsworth lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Darko posted:

That's crazy. I thought he liked doing that show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AccountSupervisor posted:

They did...

...with Liam Hemsworth lol

Really did laugh out loud just now.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

That's crazy. I thought he liked doing that show.

He did, but Netflix is penny-pinching every corner at the moment and WB is, if you believe the tabloids, desperate to get Superman movies rolling again. It’s safe to assume the latter’s paycheck dwarfed the former.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Darko posted:

Huh? Taika directed episodes of What We Do In The Shadows and Our Flag Means Death, which are both fantastic. Hes just been making money in Marvel-ville for movies lately.

Both Thor films are bad but Jojo Rabbit is one of the worst films of the last ten years.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Both Thor films are bad but Jojo Rabbit is one of the worst films of the last ten years.

Overrated as gently caress and arguably getting worse on a trajectory. Thor 4 was so inept and incoherent it had like 4 named editors and had to be stitched together with a framing narration to make even the slightest sense. At least with a Hawley, Peele or Johnson you know you're getting an actual movie no matter the genre.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Roman posted:

While a lot of what's in Gunn's stuff doesn't land for me (like all the pointless banter that has nothing to do with the characters or plot - Peacmaker is the worst offender)

Oh man I almost didn't make it through the first episode of that drat show

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Cavil back without Hans Zimmer’s themes really cheapens the whole thing for me. I kind of suspect my love for MOS has more to do with the luring of visuals and music than anything else.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I got the vibe there's been some tension with Cavill and the producers/writers over the Witcher production anyway, there were those comments from that ex-producer that some of the showrunners actively hated the source material and Cavill's made a handful of shady kind of comments regarding staying faithful to the material going forward post season 2.

imagine that plus probably a big payday/busy schedule from WB might've made just ditching what felt like a sinking ship a good option

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The show wasn't that great anyways. Cavill can do better.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

He did, but Netflix is penny-pinching every corner at the moment and WB is, if you believe the tabloids, desperate to get Superman movies rolling again. It’s safe to assume the latter’s paycheck dwarfed the former.

He probably got more creative freedom and veto power in his contract too.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The industry rumor as I understand it is that netflix does three-season contracts as a rule, which means that they probably fuckered the negotiations by refusing to give him a better rate for later seasons, and well, he’s fuckin’ Superman.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Musk spent today tweeting right wing conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack. BvS was really prescient about the downfall of Bruce to propaganda. That movie just keeps getting better.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I don't hate Gunn fwiw, but his style of humour just isn't for me; basically Whedon mixed with Robot Chicken. Hard pass!

checkplease posted:

Synder has a great dc trilogy, let others do it now while he does cool new stuff like rebel moon without all the baggage of ip and fandoms.

100% agree

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

We'll all have egg on our face when it turns out Rebel Moon is actually Snyder's adaptation of The Fountainhead

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

teagone posted:

The show wasn't that great anyways. Cavill can do better.

Personally I did enjoy it a lot but for real people were watching it because of Cavill being a god-tier Geralt casting and not for just being a Witcher show or great. I don't see it lasting for another season after this.

I'm so hype for Rebel moon. I do hope they don't bother trying to get Snyder back or/and he continues to do his own thing. I think the only way I'd want Snyder back is if it was the perfect storm of events allowing for him to just do a straight 4 hour Zack Snyder's Justice League II that lets him finish up everything he had been wanting to do in that storyline. But that won't happen and I'm happy to see other people play around with the stuff now if WB could just figure out what they want to do and actually let someone focused work on them.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I do have to admit I wouldn’t be nearly as enthused for a Man of Steel 2 by Snyder if he had to canonically set it in the same universe as Wonder Woman 1984 and Josstice League

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Martman posted:

We'll all have egg on our face when it turns out Rebel Moon is actually Snyder's adaptation of The Fountainhead

Snyder already adapted The Fountainhead in real life, by recommending Joss Whedon to finish Justice League when he left

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

Personally I did enjoy it a lot but for real people were watching it because of Cavill being a god-tier Geralt casting and not for just being a Witcher show or great. I don't see it lasting for another season after this.

Also non-fan people (e.g. my wife and a bunch of friends) who think Cavill is super hot. Not sure that particular Hemsworth has that kind of following

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

2house2fly posted:

Snyder already adapted The Fountainhead in real life, by recommending Joss Whedon to finish Justice League when he left

That never actually happened, it was an outright lie pushed by WB

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Army of Thieves seems like a pretty comprehensive statement of Snyder's thoughts on the relationship between an artist and their art.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

I do have to admit I wouldn’t be nearly as enthused for a Man of Steel 2 by Snyder if he had to canonically set it in the same universe as Wonder Woman 1984 and Josstice League
I get the feeling they're not going to try and set a definite timeline, as in choosing JL vs ZSJL or original SS vs Ayer Cut or whatever. It'll be "some stuff happened" and The Flash movie will just kind of reset everything and we can assume all the previous different versions were just *THE MULTIVERSE*

I would be amused if The Flash had a bit where the Josstice and ZSJL versions of Steppenwolf somehow met and ZSJL Steppy kills the lame one 10 seconds later, like that scene in Godzilla Final Wars

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX50xZHaQG0

Timeless Appeal posted:

One of these things is not like the other.

Also, I’m not a fan of some of Waititi’s recent stuff but his best film was released six years ago so saying he now sucks is kind of a jump. So I’m not sure if anyone but JJ is a great example here.

bushisms.txt posted:

Boy came out in 2010
Babydone was 2020

But yeah he's also been producing no less than 3 different TV series, he's busy

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 3, 2022

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like pat Willems but seeing that thumbnail and realizing it's a response video to his own video makes me shudder

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
please stop posting breadtubers i beg of you

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

F.D. Signifier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX50xZHaQG0

Babydone was 2020

But yeah he's also been producing no less than 3 different TV series, he's busy

Someone post a picture of Superman looking like he smelled a fart in Beavis

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone post a picture of Superman looking like he smelled a fart in Beavis

The weird fist from mos

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snack Snyder

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pirate Jet posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Pirate Jet posted:

I didn't even post the first video, but it was posted here, so I figured everyone would love the follow up