Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well I guess Simon would need an agent, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Kind of want to see Bob odenkirk as grim reaper, ngl

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only exposure I have to Grim Reaper is from Tom King's Vision run, where he gets loving murdered immediately, so that'd be funny

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sentinel Red posted:

Well I guess Simon would need an agent, right?

So his character from Larry sanders?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arist posted:

The only exposure I have to Grim Reaper is from Tom King's Vision run, where he gets loving murdered immediately, so that'd be funny

He gets murdered a lot, I mention Rogue accidently killing him in Uncanny Avengers.

For some reason I thought Odinkirk was going to be in Agatha and though he'd be a fun Dr Druid, but I have no idea who he'd be in Wonderman. Hahn and Plaza together is going to be fun as hell.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How about him as Henry Gyrich?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

How about him as Henry Gyrich?

ooooh i like that idea.

Titus makes an awesome Lex Luthor but man, the first new episode of Titans is as bad as to be expected.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kurtwood Smith is still my pick if they ever do Gyrich. That's the voice in my head for the last couple decades

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

Kurtwood Smith is still my pick if they ever do Gyrich. That's the voice in my head for the last couple decades

"People don't persecute you because you're a mutant.

they persecute you because you're a dumbass.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

He gets murdered a lot, I mention Rogue accidently killing him in Uncanny Avengers.

For some reason I thought Odinkirk was going to be in Agatha and though he'd be a fun Dr Druid, but I have no idea who he'd be in Wonderman. Hahn and Plaza together is going to be fun as hell.

Did they ever have a scene together in Parks & Rec, I can't recall?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Gaz-L posted:

Did they ever have a scene together in Parks & Rec, I can't recall?

April was Ben’s intern when he went with Hahn’s character to DC, so presumably.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of goofy how Titans teased and then took back a Superman appearance in less than ten minutes. Also Clark left a letter, the cheapest way to send a message without having to cast an actor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of goofy how Titans teased and then took back a Superman appearance in less than ten minutes. Also Clark left a letter, the cheapest way to send a message without having to cast an actor.

Maybe once Conner has a fever dream/halucination we'll meet him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dick's Nightwing suit looking a little chonky, especially from the side.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boy, Titans, I sure do like multiple instances of our heroes standing around just watching as a person chokes to death on their own blood.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I even finished season 3 of titans

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

I never started it. Season 2 was an improvement over season 1 but was still stupid as poo poo. I had a mild curiosity about season 3 but never got to it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So much of the Titans cast is so good, but they have absolute dogshit to work with in terms of the story.

So it's actually a pretty good adaptation of most of Teen Titans comic history.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Conner Leslie was so good as Donna Troy it nearly redeemed all the lovely comics the character has appeared in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Christ, Disney+ really needs to understand that if I stop watching a show with 3 seconds left, I don't want to pick up there when I come back, just skip the next one like every other streaming service

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is it weird that I kind of like that compared to something like Netflix cutting off the end of something to jump to the next thing?

I basically have to race to find the remote when I finish something because I actually watch credits.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I created a new Facebook the other day because my old one was getting auto zucced way too frequently, so the algorithm is currently hosed on this new account. But I've been getting lots of posts with zero sources saying that Punisher is coming back in Born Again. Any one have confirmation on this, or is this is news I missed?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

I basically have to race to find the remote when I finish something because I actually watch credits.

Yeah. They have art done for the episodes on The Dragon Prince that play through the credits and I didn't realize that in Netflix's hurry to binge binge binge.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Soonmot posted:

I created a new Facebook the other day because my old one was getting auto zucced way too frequently, so the algorithm is currently hosed on this new account. But I've been getting lots of posts with zero sources saying that Punisher is coming back in Born Again. Any one have confirmation on this, or is this is news I missed?

Nothing confirmed yet but they've made it pretty clear they want to bring in other Defenders, and Born Again and Echo are the most likely places for it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rumors are they're getting or trying to get all the Netflix people besides Iron Fist.

I hope it means they get Jessica Henwick though.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Soonmot posted:

You saved valuable hours of your life. You made the right choice. This show makes any CW show you care to name look like loving Shakespeare.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I've read a few times that Mike Colter is pretty content on Evil and isn't going anywhere. But hey, dumptruck of money and all.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Coulter sucked as much as Finn. Recast both

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Colter was great. Want him back. Doing a show like Evil isn't a full year job and clearly they're not doing some kind of 22 episode season of Luke Cage so I think there's plenty of room for him to do Evil and some MCU stuff. We'll see. I hope.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm curious now, it's been so long I don't remember everything that happened, if they decided that AoS is in continuity with all the mainline MCU stuff, is there anything that would even be an issue there?
The Inhuman stuff probably isn't a big deal, I imagine Black Bolt being in MoM was the last hurrah for that, especially with them taking it out of Kamala's origin. The Ghost Rider stuff was kind of purposfully vauge on the other riders, so if they use Johnny or Danny they can start fresh anyways, and The Darkhold's already been established as having a bunch of copies. I know the snap never gets addressed but IIRC it pretty much all takes place before that would happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bobbi was Agent 13 but now Hawkeye's wife is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Bobbi was Agent 13 but now Hawkeye's wife is.

Sharon Carter is Agent 13?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Sharon Carter is Agent 13?

Whatever he agent number is then. They used it in AoS and it was on the back of the watch that Clint retrieved.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't remember Bobbi going by that in AoS?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

I don't remember Bobbi going by that in AoS?

It's on a file somewhere visible on screen.

but anyways, there was a Bobbi on AoS and Laura is Agent 19. I doubt they'd just toss that in there and not have her be Bobbi since anyone else would be meaningless to Clint.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don’t know if she ever goes by Agent 19 in Agents of Shield. Hawkeyes wife is Agent 19 but there’s been no indication she’s Bobbi Morse. Obviously they’re both taken from the same character but there doesn’t seem to be anything to clearly state it’s a rebooted/contradiction. Even if they’re both Mockingbird or Agent 19 that doesn’t seem disqualifying that they’re might just be 2 peopel with that code name. But I’m not sure even that’s been complicated yet. “Bobbi replaced Laura” would be one of the smallest MCU changes from the comics we’ve seen if they ever chose to do it.

Point being it’s unstated and drawing conclusions to try and write canon bible is a weird fandom habit.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 9, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
they wouldn't have made that a major plot point of the series. Why make all the effort to connect to the Mockingbird character if not to retcon Laura into the role?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

they wouldn't have made that a major plot point of the series. Why make all the effort to connect to the Mockingbird character if not to retcon Laura into the role?

Maybe they wanted to do the Hawkeye/Mockingbird thing but not overtly reboot so they purposely never called her Bobbi or Mockingbird? Maybe in a show that’s about two people with the same code name they figured two people could have the same code name? Maybe they said “gently caress Agents of Shield, let’s reboot that!”? I don’t know.

I’ve said before my impression is that Marvel is playing a soft touch with these things like Daredevil and Kingpin. My guess is they want to do their own things without being indebted to the other stuff, but also if they don’t have to invalidate and disconnect something they’re leaving it open to say “go check out more on Disney+!” It doesn’t mean they necessarily have plans to bring back AoS Bobbi. But if they just don’t call Laura Bobbi then no stand has been taken.

Until they like flat out reboot a character if they keep bringing back the actors and characters like Dardevil, Kingpin, Blonsky, and Coulson then it seems to be the “soft touch” thing to me that keeps everything loosely under the big tent.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 9, 2022

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

STAC Goat posted:

“Bobbi replaced Laura” would be one of the smallest MCU changes from the comics we’ve seen if they ever chose to do it.

she's a skrull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

she's a skrull

acceptable.