Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Doesn't matter. No matter who comes in power relations with china are just gonna grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/left_plain/status/1587840794911682560?cxt=HHwWgMCtycmykoksAAAA

RIP to all the foreign hoes in Indonesia

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

OhFunny posted:

I suppose the keyword there is "initiated".

The sino-vietnamese war was 100% initiated by China, they even sent notice to Russia that if they helped Vietnam at all they would nuke them

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I've got big news everybody. I have strong evidence that Xi Jinping is dead.

The proof? Well, my mom told me (in a dream)

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Antonymous posted:

china just completed its space station or something, congrats

That's really cool

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

That's really cool
It really is.

https://twitter.com/WangLutongMFA/status/1587465020266643456?cxt=HHwWgIDQpc7B54csAAAA

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
space owns. god bless the CPC

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/WajSKhan/status/1588198732360814594?s=20&t=U-NAXZvALCsZEvS9h5jOSA

New Tank Man > Old Tank Man

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
that's a btr

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
the pakistani military had prestige amongst at least pakistani libs and middle classes as the one good institution in the country, and all their coups had their tacit support. that's over now

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

I hope China get some Iran and global south Astronauts up on the Chinese space station. Indonesian, Nigerian etc.

the NYT article about it is subtitled

"The Mengtian module was launched into orbit and docked with the Tiangong space station, the latest step in Beijing’s effort to surpass the United States in space exploration."

lol what can I say

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

not an "effort to lead the world" or "effort to continue a constant human presence in space"

an effort to overtake the USA, USA is the best and for China, it's personal

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mila kunis posted:

the pakistani military had prestige amongst at least pakistani libs and middle classes as the one good institution in the country, and all their coups had their tacit support. that's over now

wow, what are they gonna do

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

friendship ended with BTR-70
now Imran Khan is my best friend

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fits my needs posted:

wow, what are they gonna do

im going to take over the country

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

youre going to be run by a punjabi thaga/gunda instead of a pashto one

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
China doesn't need to surpass the US space program. The only US space program left is SpaceMusk. Is the fuckface still South African?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is what progress is....i think

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

stephenthinkpad posted:

China doesn't need to surpass the US space program. The only US space program left is SpaceMusk. Is the fuckface still South African?

yea i was gonna ask, has the us even done anything in any way impressive wrt space exploration lately?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

indonesian obama keeping all the hoes to himself

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea i was gonna ask, has the us even done anything in any way impressive wrt space exploration lately?

the parker solar probe flew through the edge of the sun's corona

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

spread the love indobama

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't know if this counts as exploration but they launched the james webb telescope into space earlier this year. It dramatically increases the amount of stuff we can see.

https://webb.nasa.gov/

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

fun times ahead for pakistan

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth
half of james webb was ESA tho, but yes it is genuinely a step as huge as getting the CIA to point one of their spy satellites at the stars instead of russians

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

esa paid less than 10% of webb. like bringing ketchup to a potluck

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Breakfast All Day posted:

esa paid less than 10% of webb. like bringing ketchup to a potluck

It was majority NASA, I think the Canadians also contributed.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ISS is also presumed 100% american by the NYT lol

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

JWST,
Parker Solar Probe,
Mars Sample Return

Between NASA and the various private contractors; the US still has a huge space advantage over China. Tiangong is much smaller than ISS. I think this gap will close though; the 2030's will be the inflection point.

unwantedplatypus has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Nov 4, 2022

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Antonymous posted:

ISS is also presumed 100% american by the NYT lol

Who gets to decide usage and what happens if the Americans pull out?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Artemis could be cool, even if it's just a barely disguised attempt to show up China

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

unwantedplatypus posted:

America, lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

unwantedplatypus posted:

Idk, but didn't they need the Russians to keep it in stable orbit?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/POLITICOEurope/status/1588230358494900226?s=20&t=
Scholz confirms Marxist-Leninist character of China, leftcoms seething

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol 'lurch' and 'surpass the US', western media love blatantly editorializing their articles

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
a rough beast emerges and lurches towards beijing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slouching toward beijing

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Germany very concerned about the Sino-Bolshevik plot to conquer the world and destroy western civilization

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

DiscountDildos posted:

Germany very concerned about the Sino-Bolshevik plot to conquer the world and destroy western civilization

The scholz op-ed sounds about as positive as you can be towards China as a western leader without being immediately assassinated.

quote:

First, today’s China isn’t the same as the China of five or 10 years ago. The outcome of the Communist Party Congress that just concluded is unambiguous: Avowals of Marxism-Leninism now take up a much broader space than in the conclusions of previous congresses. The quest for national security — synonymous with the stability of the communist system — and national autonomy will be more significant going forward. And as China changes, the way that we deal with China must change too.

quote:

Third, even in changed circumstances, China remains an important business and trading partner for Germany and Europe — we don’t want to decouple from it. But what does China want?

quote:

This is a great deal of material for an inaugural visit to Beijing. We will seek cooperation where it lies in our mutual interest, but we will not ignore controversies either. For that is part and parcel of a candid exchange between Germany and China.

Like he acknowledges that preserving the stability of the communist party has legitimate roots in maintaining national security and autonomy, and that it is better for everyone to continue to trade with China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

well the US has hosed Europe on its other major trade partner, you don’t want to alienate the only two countries in the world that Make Things