Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Same, I skip the third AB now also. I do the first two modes on autoplay and get enough red gems for my progression. After getting Gorr to 70 I'm low on gold, tcp, and dimension dust instead so rather than boost someone who was meta last year I'll sit on my mandalays to see who is in the next few patches while my stash recovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I keep gettin lg tricked into thinking I made progress with a good day here or there. Really it’s just that Hulk can weather it for a reason I haven’t figured out. But everyone else is this frustrating cycle of racking up points for 90 seconds and then seeing them all disappear in 2 seconds. The worst.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

If I have a top tier character available I'll do it, but otherwise I'll just skip it. having max dodge and a character whose skills move them around a lot helps with getting hit, but mostly i just take potshots while trying not to get hit until you get 4 bars of odins blessing and then unload with everything you got until it expires and you start again

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I usually hit at least 1.2 million. I just attack from behind, dodge, and make sure to grab the orbs and hit his weakness when it's time. Avoiding attacks and timing the damage is more important than constantly attacking.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Goddammit I just fat fingered myself out of 600 crystals by unequipping an obelisk I was trying to change the option on. gently caress me.

EDIT: ... Make that 1200. Goddammit.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 19, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Goddammit I just fat fingered myself out of 600 crystals by unequipping an obelisk I was trying to change the option on. gently caress me.

EDIT: ... Make that 1200. Goddammit.

I hate that. There should be an undo. I managed to buy an extra team in coop on autopilot, thankfully I think they refunded that when they removed the game mode.

Does anyone have any Dormammu tips before I hit up youtube? I decided its finally time to start inching towards T4. I'm at 22% pierce but my stats are mostly crap, I'm going to need a lot more p-cards to be able to reroll into better. I can get to phase 2 on my eternals team but they are very slow and steady, doing 2-3 bars per T3 rotation. After that I run out of time. I tried Ms. Marvel today because its speed+ day and she has ridiculous damage. I managed to clear phase 1 in just a couple minutes, absolutely pasted him, but then she slowed way down to 1-2 bars per T3 rotation so I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong. I was solo so it wasn't sending me to the island or anything, he did have some new mechanics I was seeing for the first time though.

Before going in solo I tried joining others but got booted from about a dozen groups before getting one started where the other two players promptly died leaving it to me to solo the boss, so I had to force quit out. So I imagine its bleak if you aren't going in able to carry or with people who can pull their weight.

I'll be honest I just get in there when I have time to fart around so I'll most likely just go back to ignoring him until power creep lets me solo him. I'm in no hurry, I just thought I'd try it since WBL is easy now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't ever do a Dorm fight because as soon as I join I get kicked, probably because I don't have any T4s, which is silly because that literally the only way you can get T4 mats.

Also should i buy the undiscounted Black Bolt Costume? I keep seeing that he's way OP but its like, no discount and they might nerf it if it fucks poo poo up too much.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I try to send invites every time I do DMM to whoever's on to carry them. Getting someone like Iron Man, Thor, or Black Bolt to 80 with a rage or something similar helps a lot.

Also, I get kicked all the time, even with maxed out T4s. People are weird. :confused:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Also should i buy the undiscounted Black Bolt Costume? I keep seeing that he's way OP but its like, no discount and they might nerf it if it fucks poo poo up too much.

Do you have him at T3? I got it but I still have half his gears to go. From what I've read he's meta and well worth the costume if T4, decent and probably worth it at T3 80. If you aren't going to take him that high soon (or don't like him and/or the sith lord look) then save your gems.

edit: I joined a Dorm group as Ms Marvel and got down to 20 bars in the second phase but then my phone was lagging and I couldn't get into a safe circle. Didn't help one of my teammates crossed half the map to take the safe spot right next to me (can you stack inside them or are they one each?) Excuses excuses, I know. After I died one of the other players dropped and the other couldn't do any damage so I guess I was the carry. Haven't had time or interest to try again since then. It just takes so long.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 23, 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Dorm is so tedious and such a chore that I just bounced off him and gave up on the T4s for now. I’m just randomly working people up and chilling again until I get more pierce or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay I won't bother because my current T3 efforts are Venom-Namor-Shuri.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I quit before t4's were released, and I started playing again when they offered the free t3. Thankfully my account still seems to be strong enough to where I don't need anyone to hard carry me against Dorm, but I've had the best luck getting competent team mates soon-ish after the reset. I've only got enough strong characters to do Dorm once a day without being dead weight, and the amount of t4 mats they give you for 80 boost points is horrendous. After watching a video of cynicalex t4'ing Black Bolt, I realized it'll take 2 months at this rate just to t4 one character. I should've held onto the mats instead of spending them right away, but im inching my way to a t4 Thor.

The level 80's helped me a lot with pushing WBL, but it feels like Venom and Thor are the only ones I can trash Gorr with. I keep getting destroyed with Dr. Strange and I feel like I need to play perfectly with Ms Marvel to not get killed too. I should probably watch a video to find out what mechanics I'm not understanding about his fight, but at least he still feels quicker than Ultron and Knull.

I'm still debating about the full cost Black Bolt uni since there's a lot I'll need to buy during Black Friday to catch up. No one seems to be saying Morgan Le Fay is incredibly strong at least.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Okay I won't bother because my current T3 efforts are Venom-Namor-Shuri.

Venom is about as good as Black Bolt with easier timing. Just getting him to 80 will be a big boost.

bagrada posted:

(can you stack inside them or are they one each?)
You can stack.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Just checked out this game this week...how, uh, "healthy" is it going? It's not gonna suddenly shut down in a few months, right? It sure looks like there's a ton of stuff, but I've been burned by Marvel games before quite a few times :smith:

Ah, well, just applied for Doctor Goons. God have mercy, et al.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s been giving two updates a month and constantly adding and changing stuff for as long as I’ve been playing. So like I don’t really know the stuff that causes these games to go dark but it doesn’t seem like there’s any signs of it happening here.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

There were several times I thought it was dying but it's been like 6 years now. Can't believe there's already t4s

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. They add T4s this year. Plus reworked a bunch of the older systems into newer ones. So I dunno. Like I said I don’t know how these things go but it seems like they’re still active on it. It’s not like it’s just been quietly stagnant or anything. We keep getting updates every two weeks.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Ah, well, just applied for Doctor Goons. God have mercy, et al.

You're in! At least until it shuts down in 2 weeks because you jinxed it.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I've been having really bad luck trying to roll one of my cards to get the last blue star on it for more pierce, but I had some amazing luck with this artifact to make up for it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

bobmcdynamite posted:

You're in! At least until it shuts down in 2 weeks because you jinxed it.
Ē̴̘̪̤͙̊̒̅̾V̶̨͎̩̥̌͊͂̚Ȩ̶̯̤̟̉̽R̸̟͉̍̄̑̂Ÿ̸̟͈͉́̋͗̉Ț̵̭̙̘͗̉͝H̴̛̗̓I̸̺̐̇͠Ǹ̷͙̰̟̻̭G̶̢̘̩͇̋ ̷̱͂̍̀Ẅ̸̡̛͎́͊͜I̵̫̼̒̐͑̈́͊L̷̰͛̄̾L̷͔͓̲͑͌͘ ̶̧͉́̍̄͒͜͠B̵̼̗͎͚̾̈́͋̌͘E̸̯̣͙̝͠ ̸̤͍̼̅͆F̶̮̔̈́I̴͔̰̎N̷͖͓̯͋̎̅̂E̵̢̞̞̒̈̓̈́̂ͅ :mrgw:

Is there any reason to not always use Autoplay? The AI seems pretty slick at least compared to my jabbing sausage fingers at the skill buttons that...well, mostly seem like you can just button-mash them to success anyway?

Oh and also, I got some lvl 60 and 70 characters from rewards and stuff; is there any point to using them in the story missions? They don't gain XP from it, right? Where should I actually be switching to them that actually earns me stuff?

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 24, 2022

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Ē̴̘̪̤͙̊̒̅̾V̶̨͎̩̥̌͊͂̚Ȩ̶̯̤̟̉̽R̸̟͉̍̄̑̂Ÿ̸̟͈͉́̋͗̉Ț̵̭̙̘͗̉͝H̴̛̗̓I̸̺̐̇͠Ǹ̷͙̰̟̻̭G̶̢̘̩͇̋ ̷̱͂̍̀Ẅ̸̡̛͎́͊͜I̵̫̼̒̐͑̈́͊L̷̰͛̄̾L̷͔͓̲͑͌͘ ̶̧͉́̍̄͒͜͠B̵̼̗͎͚̾̈́͋̌͘E̸̯̣͙̝͠ ̸̤͍̼̅͆F̶̮̔̈́I̴͔̰̎N̷͖͓̯͋̎̅̂E̵̢̞̞̒̈̓̈́̂ͅ :mrgw:

Is there any reason to not always use Autoplay? The AI seems pretty slick at least compared to my jabbing sausage fingers at the skill buttons that...well, mostly seem like you can just button-mash them to success anyway?

Oh and also, I got some lvl 60 and 70 characters from rewards and stuff; is there any point to using them in the story missions? They don't gain XP from it, right? Where should I actually be switching to them that actually earns me stuff?

As long as it's autoplay+. Autoplay+ uses skills and is useful, autoplay just uses the attack button. In certain situations, like Alliance Battle or a level you can't clear, doing manual rotations will give much higher damage and scores. Check 2100000dollor.com for rotation suggestions.

Story missions are also the one place that doesn't give experience. Dimension, epic quest, and dispatch missions do.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

bobmcdynamite posted:

Story missions are also the one place that doesn't give experience.
Huh? That doesn't seem right. I just had a buncha characters gain a buncha levels from them.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Crap. You're right. I was thinking of experience for uniforms.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
When I last played this Card Crafting and Pierce wasn't a thing. What kind of team, etc do I need to successfully run Dimension Rifts so I can farm cubes?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dead on Arrival posted:

When I last played this Card Crafting and Pierce wasn't a thing. What kind of team, etc do I need to successfully run Dimension Rifts so I can farm cubes?

T3 Thor* at 80 is the best I've found on autoplay, but I think you have to beat Knull or another WBL with him to unlock his second potential. So I'd try T3 70 Thor in the lower difficulties, or whoever your best meta character is. In the meantime as long as you can beat a single level in time you can tag in on someone else's clear. It's just hard to tell if they are going to complete it themselves or not. You can turn on notifications, watch for rifts opening by friends/guildmates, and see if it gets to 25%-40% within the first 10 minutes or so. You can then join in and as long as you complete your run before it hits 100% you'll get one of the two daily cube chests. You only get two joins a day (plus one opening yourself) so if it fails you miss out though, that was hard for me until I got Thor to 80 and just soloed my own plus one other I see during the day. I probably lost about half my attempts to people either not completing it in time, or completing it before I could get a run in.

If you've been back for a while, check your inventory for a Second Potential Realization Ticket, they gave one out a month or so ago with little fanfare.

Rifts are oddly difficult for beginners, but multiple people can team up to complete them under the timer so if you are having big trouble post your name and a time of day and people can keep an eye out and jump in to help you finish them. I usually have an entry left over each day.

*I have Thor's latest uniform and a double lightning damage obelisk on him. Valkyrie is great support for him, and Odin and Loki can help him out. If you have Loki built but not Thor he may be okay at it, he was great at dispatch for a while before T4s and levels above 70 were introduced.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Shuri is pretty good, and I finally have another character I can throw at Dormamu on Speed days. She's doing about as good for me as Ms Marvel does and she might end up being a bit better for me when I get her rotation down. It's still baffling to me how many people either leave or kick if you aren't using a t4 character though. I've seen people do poor damage with t4's and I've seen people do amazing with characters like Doom and Thena. It's just impossible to tell how good someone's cards are til you're actually in.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a gimmick for the last 25 bars of Dormammu's second phase, like when you lose a lot of pierce if you step in the goo on Gorr? I should bite the bullet and just keep spamming into multiplayer until I get a group that works. Solo I can get to the last 25 bars or so trivially with a bunch of characters but then things slow to a crawl and I can't finish him before time. It doesn't look like I'm losing buffs or getting debuffs but its hard for me to tell what's what on my tiny phone screen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobmcdynamite posted:

Venom is about as good as Black Bolt with easier timing. Just getting him to 80 will be a big boost.

You can stack.

If i could get into a Dorm world boss. I join, I get kicked instantly. Its insanely fustrating becuase if i set one up myself, people join, see i'm not running a t4 or knull/meph and they leave.

I really loving hate how this poo poo is completely blocked off to me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I don’t really know how to break in. Between me not being able to do much and getting booted or ditched for this reason. I get lucky every now and then but it’s a slog. And I don’t blame anyone because I’m sure it’s hard for them too. Just carrying my rear end isn’t an option.

So I dunno. I’m just waiting until I have more pierce or they tweak things to really make a serious run at it. Or until I get real bored and motivated.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I tried Dormammu again on lunch, looks like getting hit in phase 2 has to be knocking out my pierce. At least I think I'm seeing -pierce flash briefly with all the other text spam when I get hit by the purple fire. So I just need practice and patience to know where it is safe to animation lock into a combo. I've got 25% pierce though my stats on the cards suck. Ms Marvel with Wave lead and White Fox support is kicking his rear end today. I think I could have ground him down before time ran out but I had to stop to take a phone call. I'll try it again later if I get time.

I'm getting a T3 backlog again. I need Ancient One, She Hulk and Taskmaster for more support. I've got a bajillion ccf and mandalorian gems but none of the other stuff thanks to everyone needing gear upgrades.

I wish it was Ironheart kicking rear end rather than Shuri, I like the ramshackle armor uni better than the casual clothes one in this release.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Start your own lobby so you can't be kicked. Might take a minute or two to fill up, but that is better than the alternative.

I supposedly can attempt Doramammu because i have a tier 3 sharon, cap, and a transcended Sersi but not a chance in hell. I am barely useful on Mastermold.

I am working through the tier-3 guided quest. Picked Spiderman. On the last step, but I either used the resources on other characters or this one doesn't actually give you everything to finish. Going to Tier 3 Thor next and use the 2nd potential ticket on him, which should hopefully let me push further in dispatch and finish rifts in a reasonable timeframe.

Also, is there a trick to the ultimate story missions? I hit a mission where all attacks are reflected and as soon as my immunity drops I just die. I guess I need to be able to kill entire waves so that my immunity skill recycles?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

bagrada posted:

Is there a gimmick for the last 25 bars of Dormammu's second phase, like when you lose a lot of pierce if you step in the goo on Gorr? I should bite the bullet and just keep spamming into multiplayer until I get a group that works. Solo I can get to the last 25 bars or so trivially with a bunch of characters but then things slow to a crawl and I can't finish him before time. It doesn't look like I'm losing buffs or getting debuffs but its hard for me to tell what's what on my tiny phone screen.

It's just a lot of dodging, and solo is miserable because the one that aims at a random character will always be aimed at you. Thor's 2 is great for dodging out of the way in the middle of your rotation if you need to, but it can be tough on characters that get locked down into their animations. If you can time whatever skill heals you til after you get hit by one of the orbs, that helps too. Even with the healing timing, it's rough with all the crap on the screen and it's pretty easy to just get double hit and die.

Dead on Arrival posted:

Also, is there a trick to the ultimate story missions? I hit a mission where all attacks are reflected and as soon as my immunity drops I just die. I guess I need to be able to kill entire waves so that my immunity skill recycles?

You might be on one of the story missions where hero or villain damage is reflected.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dead on Arrival posted:

Some of them reflect physical or energy attacks so like if you've got the wrong one you just can't do anything. So I've been autorunning Thor and minutes later I realize he's just been pounding away on bad guys and doing nothing. But then Hulk or whoever physical will just tear through them.

edit: Or yeah, maybe hero/villain. Just check the notes on the screen before you enter.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

There are some Story missions that ignore all but elemental damage, too, I think. I've been auto running with Thor as the dealer trying to get enough of these drat Halloween things to drop so I can get that free Premium card that will probably turn out to be a sucky one.

I've got one team that can beat Gorr, and that's my Lvl 80 Venom. I'm slowly working to unlock him, but it's a low priority. Just finally got Knull to 70 so he can lead for Venom. Haven't leveled up the gears, though.

I was looking at maybe T3ing Taskmaster, but his support doesn't look that impressive, actually. Who is he good for leading?

Guess I can work on Shuri in hopes she gets a better synergy uniform than 'sweat suit.'

I've also been working on unlocking Extreme Legendary Battles just to get a drat CTP that isn't a loving Greed.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Yeah, just read that it reflects all hero damage. Which means I need to get a non-hero at t3/ascended. Loki is the obvious first choice, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hulk or Black Bolts new costume turn them villain and they’re killers. Venom and Carnage might be options. Thanos, Knull, or Mephisto? Mystique?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dead on Arrival posted:

Start your own lobby so you can't be kicked. Might take a minute or two to fill up, but that is better than the alternative.

Nobody will join a team with a t3 non WBU character
and I still cannot loving beat Mepheston. Like its not even a skill or a character thing, my phone literally cannot do the wiggle the stick thing back and forth, if i do that movement it brings up the options. I am completely destroying him with zero effort but then that happens and oops, all dead.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Got Dormammu down with the Wave lead White Fox support Ms Marvel damage team. Took me 3-4 tries to get his final pattern down then I got him with a minute to spare, playing it incredibly safe around those rolling death balls. Used 6 boosts (200ish points) and got... 45 soul of the faltine and zero books. It did say you get better rewards grouped than solo.

Yeah I'm not bothering anymore until they change things up or power creep lets me 1 shot him in a couple minutes with multiple T3s and 80s. Maybe we'll get a T4 selector with the anniversary next year.

twistedmentat posted:

Nobody will join a team with a t3 non WBU character
and I still cannot loving beat Mepheston. Like its not even a skill or a character thing, my phone literally cannot do the wiggle the stick thing back and forth, if i do that movement it brings up the options. I am completely destroying him with zero effort but then that happens and oops, all dead.

Play someone fast so you don't get caught in the wiggle, especially if this is the part where you hit the 5 runes. Spidey is great for that for instance. I know what you mean though, my options are a button I can place anywhere around the edge and it doesnt matter where I put it I will hit it during some crucial fight.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Maybe you can also slap Immune To Snare on them with an obelisk to not get caught in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I generally avoid the snare. If I hit hard enough and move fast enough. Makkari is good for that if you’ve got her. Most of the rest of my strikers now are Level 80s. I was beating Mephisto with Moonstone, Torch, and Sentry before that but I don’t know if I avoided the snare with them. Silk, Deadpool, and Surfer are all good runners for the runes.