Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
A handmade ghostie:

A gun for killing flies (Bug-A-Salt):

Just some shoes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Can you get any more 90's than a Nagel-inspired painting of Cindy Crawford?

It's kinda huge, 24in x 36in

And signed by the artist

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

widefault posted:

Can you get any more 90's than a Nagel-inspired painting of Cindy Crawford?

It's kinda huge, 24in x 36in

And signed by the artist

NGL that's pretty :krad:.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Stuck in Texas for work so I got Gov’t Mule tickets for tomorrow yeehaw let’s get wasted.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Bunch of whiskey and tall boys

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

some world series tickets and weed.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought a bunch of wipes and lube.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Goes on the wall next to Chuck Berry and Eric Clapton in the "Let's just talk about their music, OK?" section

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Also bought "52 Times Britain Was A Bellend", thus taking the amount of James Felton books I own from one to three (I already have Sunburn) :)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yet another retro gaming system, the RP3+ preorder dropped today and I threw one in:

Plays everything up to some GC and PS2 games, plus streaming services. Should hold me over for 1-2 months until something better comes out.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Picked up a few new books, including my preorder for the book from Practical Engineering and an old menu book as well as recipes from the Dead Rabbit:

Excited to compare and contrast the Practical Engineering Guide with the 99% invisible field guide:

mystes
May 31, 2006

If the city is 99% invisible that seems like a much better value than Engineering in Plain Sight which presumably only covers the remaining 1%

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Rolo posted:

Yet another retro gaming system, the RP3+ preorder dropped today and I threw one in:

Plays everything up to some GC and PS2 games, plus streaming services. Should hold me over for 1-2 months until something better comes out.

Maaaan I have a deck and I am obsessed with it. There is absolutely zero reason for me to be buying any retro handhelds, especially because I already have a few anbernic devices and a modded 2ds and a Bluetooth telescopic controller for my infinitely more powerful flagship phone and a laptop that can emulate almost every retro game perfectly fine. But this looks so cool and I want it!!!!

Turns out the actual gameplay was purchasing and hoarding different devices all along

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

KingSlime posted:

Turns out the actual gameplay was purchasing and hoarding different devices all along

Don’t forget the tedious setup! Honestly it’s like my gaming PC. I post here and use it for Discord mostly but I will still play with voltages and temps for days to get it perfect before not using half of its capability.

Edit: yo maybe I’m just bad with money

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

99%PI is a gem. I forgot that existed until now, thanks.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’ve got the Engineering book and I quite enjoy it. Did you only just get it? I preordered and have had it for like a month.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

2 of those for Christmas

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Proper parting tool for my lathe

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

mystes posted:

If the city is 99% invisible that seems like a much better value than Engineering in Plain Sight which presumably only covers the remaining 1%

:hmmyes:

Warbird posted:

I’ve got the Engineering book and I quite enjoy it. Did you only just get it? I preordered and have had it for like a month.

Yup! I've been out of town so I'm guessing it got here sometime in the past week or two. Been very much enjoying it so far as well! I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, one of my favorite classes in high school was when our biology teacher would get off topic and spend the entire class talking about stuff like how our water system worked. Probably learned more there than the rest of my classes combined

ElZilcho posted:

2 of those for Christmas

This is really cool! Just placed an order for one to go along with my beer advent calendar :sun:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Don't tell my wife. Not that you could. She has an account but rarely uses it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Is that Hitler’s bike chain cassette built into a table or something?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A (bootleg) album

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a couple pairs of these on Amazon, my first time trying the prime free try on program. Hopefully I look cool.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Impulse bought an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 processor. It was 135 bux which is stupid cheap for something like this. I have a 3600 and AMD kept the AM4 socket going so this would just be a drop in upgrade. 20% increase in single core performance for that much isn't too shabby.

Plus I got a couple fans from a goon in SA Mart so I've been meaning to open up my case anyway.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought a couple pairs of these on Amazon, my first time trying the prime free try on program. Hopefully I look cool.

Post your thoughts on the program once you wrap up. I’d be interested in hearing them.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I got a trinocular head for my Leica microscope. Sometimes it turns out 'untested' actually means untested and perfectly fine.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
One more for the creepy life-sized head sculpture collection

This one's a mermaid!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

My “notastreamdeck” came in today. I’m looking forward to tinkering with it. No idea if it’s worth a drat but we’ll see.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1713342-REG/loupedeck_ldd_2201_live_s.html

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Brother Tadger posted:

Is that Hitler’s bike chain cassette built into a table or something?

Lewis Hamilton's brake disc. She's a fan.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

skooma512 posted:

Impulse bought an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 processor. It was 135 bux which is stupid cheap for something like this. I have a 3600 and AMD kept the AM4 socket going so this would just be a drop in upgrade. 20% increase in single core performance for that much isn't too shabby.

Plus I got a couple fans from a goon in SA Mart so I've been meaning to open up my case anyway.
I have also made an AMD flavoured PC upgrade. Got a cheap 5800X and used an ebay discount code to get this for (relatively) cheap as well.

ReidRansom posted:

Lewis Hamilton's brake disc. She's a fan.
#Blessed

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Megabound posted:

A (bootleg) album

idk if its still the case but when I bought my bootleg of this album it was like 2-3 times what other bootlegs cost. unfortunate that it's so unavailable and essential

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

CatBlack posted:

idk if its still the case but when I bought my bootleg of this album it was like 2-3 times what other bootlegs cost. unfortunate that it's so unavailable and essential

Yeah it wasn't cheap but it also wasn't the most I've paid for an album either. It's a real good bootleg too.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just bought this:

From here, along with a bunch of other prints and stuff:

https://twitter.com/realmikefox/status/1590751599290646535?s=46&t=cxw4WlncqoKghldmC3_o5A

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

generic one posted:

Just bought this:

For some reason this made me think of that Kung Fury short

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

New earbuds for work breaks/outside chores. My old ones I've had for a few years are starting to fall apart and these sound really really good but it's going to take me awhile to get used to the shape.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Oh, also forgot I was able to order one of the Audio-Technica 60th anniversary Sound Burgers before they sold out. May be a bit before I receive it, but I'm glad I was able to get the order in, at least.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ReidRansom posted:

Oh, also forgot I was able to order one of the Audio-Technica 60th anniversary Sound Burgers before they sold out. May be a bit before I receive it, but I'm glad I was able to get the order in, at least.

Dope.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah judging from Techmoan’s video those things are really good for what I would’ve expected to be a cheap nostalgia cash grab.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Speaking of Techmoan. I went down the rabbithole of buying MiniDisc Players. I had one in the early 2000s and loved it.

I'm not good with money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ReidRansom posted:

Boy howdy some of their 60th anniversary products are pricey.

Dianond turntable cartridge? 9 grand.

Also sound burger is the coolest name ever.