Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Hostile Negotiation
3B
Instant
Exile the top three cards of your library in a pile face down, then exile the top three cards of your library in another pile face down. Look at the cards and turn a pile of your choice face up. Target opponent chooses a pile. Put that pile into your hand and the other pile into your graveyard. You lose 3 life.

It's a lot of work but it's an instant speed draw 3 for 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I love cards that make you play little sub games like that. Good old FoF, or Atris, or Gifts Ungiven style cards.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

4 for 3 plus possible Fact or Fiction-esque psychic damage, but this time spread around between both players

I like it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Hostile Negotiation
3B
Instant
Exile the top three cards of your library in a pile face down, then exile the top three cards of your library in another pile face down. Look at the cards and turn a pile of your choice face up. Target opponent chooses a pile. Put that pile into your hand and the other pile into your graveyard. You lose 3 life.

That’s a fun card

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Turns one pile face up* Your move Mr. Bond

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm going to guess that green will get a Titania's Command to round out the cycle.

https://twitter.com/MTGGoldfish/status/1588242303071944704?t=oHv3sehcLjl21VnqtqUGAA&s=19

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
from covert go blue:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I'm so pumped to play this set on limited. All the powerstone stuff looks great for it and I love all the activated abilities on creatures giving you mana sinks.

I feel like its 50-50 that powerstones will break Standard in some way. Which could be fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They need to print more "reverse menace" creatures. Dudes that can block two or more attackers. Keyword it. "Bigboy X" - may block X additional creatures, damages both of them. Would be a cool new way to give creatures more value without constantly pushing up P/T and ETB effects

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

precision posted:

They need to print more "reverse menace" creatures. Dudes that can block two or more attackers. Keyword it. "Bigboy X" - may block X additional creatures, damages both of them. Would be a cool new way to give creatures more value without constantly pushing up P/T and ETB effects

Not sure why you'd want to make attacking impossible

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

Not sure why you'd want to make attacking impossible

Huge board stall formats are great because everyone gets to play the most magic that way. All limited formats should just involve 33 turns of playing cards back and forth before someone decks themselves.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mike N Eich posted:

I feel like its 50-50 that powerstones will break Standard in some way. Which could be fun.

I feel there's a lack of good generators, only Ashnod, Flesh Mechanist really sings to me.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Vidmaster posted:

Huge board stall formats are great because everyone gets to play the most magic that way. All limited formats should just involve 33 turns of playing cards back and forth before someone decks themselves.

:hmmyes: Magic as Richard Garfield intended, but actually

it's terrible

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What if nuKarn becomes good now.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

What if nuKarn becomes good now.

Just doesn't have that same Klassic Karn flavoring I've grown up with and love.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Looks fun in the anguished unmaking/indicate vein

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Bugsy posted:

from covert go blue:

I'm meh on this but happy to see wizards finally downshifting stifle effects away from rare.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hostile Negotiation
3B
Instant

3 cards for 4 mana is above rate but the 3 life might be too much for the kinds of decks that would want to play this.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

“Vindicate -> indicate” has trained me to take any Orzhov spell and immediately remove letters, but all I can get from this is Legs to rear end.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TotalHell posted:

“Vindicate -> indicate” has trained me to take any Orzhov spell and immediately remove letters, but all I can get from this is Legs to rear end.

Leg stash

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

TotalHell posted:

Ah, the original ending of Requiem for a Dream.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TotalHell posted:

Stash

and all

seven brass gods

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Leg O rear end

Target Opponent

they

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Is there a collection of Indicate edits? I can only find the Sorin one.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

So far, my only disappointment has been not seeing a Tawnos/Ashnod partner pair.

I know there was no realistic expectation of actually seeing one, but it would have been cute.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

So far, my only disappointment has been not seeing a Tawnos/Ashnod partner pair.

I know there was no realistic expectation of actually seeing one, but it would have been cute.

:bighow:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 4, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silhouette posted:

such an adorable psychopathic war criminal uguu~

This is bannable now.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I have no idea what was wrong with that, but I deleted it so ok then

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Ashnod, Anime Waifu is not something I was expecting tbh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silhouette posted:

I have no idea what was wrong with that, but I deleted it so ok then

Oh it was a joke, you should (not) look at qcs from today.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Goddamn it don't do that to me hahaha

Eikre
May 2, 2009
When I was a boy, I thought Gerrard, fabulous magical naval hero with the handsome beard and funky friends, was the greatest MTG self insert wish fulfillment fantasy.

Then, when I had grown, I felt that Urza, the magnificent long-term planner and achiever, the one who is propelled to greatness by his all-consuming passion and a singular fundamental goal, was the greatest MTG self insert wish fulfillment fantasy.

But now I am a man, and I have attained the wisdom that it is Tawnos, man of absolutely initiative, loving around with toys all day and surviving all the troubles of the world unscathed with his terrifying redheaded lover, who the greatest MTG self insert wish fulfillment fantasy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

TotalHell posted:

Ego Sass

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TotalHell posted:

Add a little spanish

Only registered members can see post attachments!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Hostile Negotiation
3B
Instant

This is another card that's 6 cards deep for greasefang decks.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Yeah "other pile in your graveyard" is kinda nutty

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hostile Negotiation
3B
Instant

I feel like this automatically slots into at least half of my black decks. I want cards in my graveyard, I want to draw, and a black deck is usually already planning on losing life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Archenteron posted:

Add a little spanish

Excellent work