Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Costco hotdogs rule so hard and they treat their employees relatively well from what i understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

My Spirit Otter posted:

Costco hotdogs rule so hard and they treat their employees relatively well from what i understand

hotdog sniper, gatdamn

someone put chowdown in his post pronto

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
No way man, cant lose the skilcraft. Thats a vas special.

rip vas

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Parting shots like that are lame. Don't be lame.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

CBS on that suspension I mentioned:

Good. gently caress that dude in particular.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

No way man, cant lose the skilcraft. Thats a vas special.

rip vas

nah not the av just in your post

make november hotdog month

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

McNally posted:

Parting shots like that are lame. Don't be lame.

yeah you gotta do 'em better, like this

:mcnally:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

My Spirit Otter posted:

The business model is that their membership fee is pure profit, then everything else is at cost/slightly cheaper to get you in the door and keep you a member, like the hot dogs. They absolutely pay their people great, with good benefits, and they tell every wall streeter to get hosed when they demand more efficiency by cutting worker pay.

They're only iffy with how they pay their on-floor contractors (like taste testers don't get paid anywhere near full employees) and their suppliers are equally iffy to cut costs related to the $5 rotisserie chickens. They lose money on said chickens, but there are sporadic reports of farm animal mistreatment. But they're fantastic overall and their cheap gas (if you can stand the lines) practically pay for the membership fee alone.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 4, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hey i hate you all and go join secret satan
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016656

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Come join us in the Costco thread!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CBS on that suspension I mentioned:

One of the craziest things about the last decade or so is watching all these weird subcultures and fringe theories that I used to read about in the 90s or 00s like SovCits, the Manosphere, or the Black Hebrew Israelites enter the mainstream.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

One of the craziest things about the last decade or so is watching all these weird subcultures and fringe theories that I used to read about in the 90s or 00s like SovCits, the Manosphere, or the Black Hebrew Israelites enter the mainstream.

Kind of why I see the utility in the “kill it in the cradle” approach to poo poo like that and fascists and Tankies.

But fascism is driving a car and smoking cloves these days, it’s not in the cradle. We gotta really go nuclear on fascism.

The Tankies are, however, in the cradle.

All we gotta do is find a big enough pillow.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

hypnophant posted:

no. corporations are profitable when they have access to a labor pool of educated, healthy workers in secure housing and with reliable access to transportation. They also need good infrastructure to connect them to their suppliers and customers, and good governance to reduce systemic uncertainty; from natural disasters, from political instability, and from crime. This is why the most profitable companies are found in the most developed cities; because that is where the the deepest and most productive labor pools, the best infrastructure, the least volatile governments are all located. None of this improves when schools get worse or people’s health care gets cut off or the housing stock crumbles from lack of occupancy.

I'm not sure what industry you work in where you can delude yourself into thinking corporations support labor pools of educated, healthy workers. Recent history is one of megacorps moving internationally to lower and lower skilled labor in an attempt to increase profits, leaving their skilled labor pools unemployeed and languishing in their original location.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah, it is weird how these antisemitic and misogynistic ideas have been kept alive and spread by someone.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

A family friend worked at Costco for like 30 years and at one point had the entire family on her health insurance. Mostly because her husband’s company couldn’t match Costco’s benefits. She retired within the past few years and is doing pretty well for herself and her husband.

I bought a DSLR kit and a pair of pretty decent carbon trekking poles. Also being the human to two enormous black labs, I enjoy being able to pick up a 12 lbs bag of chicken jerky for dogs and grab a cheap hot dog on the way out.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A family friend worked at Costco for like 30 years and at one point had the entire family on her health insurance. Mostly because her husband’s company couldn’t match Costco’s benefits. She retired within the past few years and is doing pretty well for herself and her husband.

I bought a DSLR kit and a pair of pretty decent carbon trekking poles. Also being the human to two enormous black labs, I enjoy being able to pick up a 12 lbs bag of chicken jerky for dogs and grab a cheap hot dog on the way out.

you're a loving monster

get yourself a hot dog and not one for the dogs????

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

you're a loving monster

Do you want to give a dog pancreatitis?

Because that's how you give a dog pancreatitis.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
wow nothing quite like having a bunch of blind old men describe an elephant by touching it

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grip it and rip it posted:

wow nothing quite like having a bunch of blind old men describe an elephant by touching it

:jerkbag:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

you're a loving monster

Nitrates and Nitrites are really bad for you, but they’re even worse for your doggo.

Guess what Hot Dogs (or also most cured meat) are chock full of?

You guessed it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I'm never giving up weiners, even if they kill me

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

you're a loving monster

They get to split one.

lightpole posted:

I'm never giving up weiners, even if they kill me

Thread title please? Before someone comes up with a witty inflation pun?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

hypnophant posted:

everyone is sick of it so if you want to keep getting schooled in basic economics feel free to pm me, but if marx’s contributions to humanity had included sound political economic theory well we wouldn’t be having this loving conversation any more would we

ligma balls hahahaha nerd!!! NERD!!!!!!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kind of why I see the utility in the “kill it in the cradle” approach to poo poo like that and fascists and Tankies.

But fascism is driving a car and smoking cloves these days, it’s not in the cradle. We gotta really go nuclear on fascism.

The Tankies are, however, in the cradle.

All we gotta do is find a big enough pillow.

The pillow is made in Indonesia.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Please touch a different part of the elephant.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Please touch a different part of the elephant.

Be careful tho. Don’t wanna jerk one off.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Knock this poo poo off. Post about current events in the current events thread.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Stultus Maximus posted:

man, when i realized that fyodorovism is alive and well and in charge of Russia, I had a loving moment and a half

Nitrates and Nitrites are really bad for you, but they’re even worse for your doggo.

Guess what Hot Dogs (or also most cured meat) are chock full of?

You guessed it.

Costco hotdogs seem to be particularly bad when it comes to the nitrates/nitrites, and it triggers the ever-loving hell out of my fibromyalgia. I love Costco hotdogs but if I actually eat one I feel like death for 24-36h.

Sure enough, if I buy uncured hotdogs, I do not have this problem.

Hekk posted:

Knock this poo poo off. Post about current events in the current events thread.

Current event content: Oprah endorsed Fetterman

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/oprah-winfrey-john-fetterman-mehmet-oz-pa-senate-race-20221103.html

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

also costco opened here recently and i have a few thoughts

2) you can buy an economy size 5lb package of american cheese slices, so i may have to reenact one of my favourite Simpsons scenes one night

don't buy this. american cheese is a curse on the world.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

American cheese is fine, if you use it right. Its perfect for melting on like burgers and stuff

Please do not eat 64 slices of it tho

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6NSkYgWuJc

mmmm, delicious microplastics

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Pasteurized process american cheese is fine, and arguably superior for melting on a burger.

Pasteurized process american cheese food/spread is still "real" food and has a place for making nachos or dip.

Pasteurized process american slices are vegetable oil textured into something resembling cheese. This has no place in your kitchen if you have any self respect.

Read your labels!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Pasteurized process american cheese is fine, and arguably superior for melting on a burger.

Pasteurized process american cheese food/spread is still "real" food and has a place for making nachos or dip.

Pasteurized process american slices are vegetable oil textured into something resembling cheese. This has no place in your kitchen if you have any self respect.

Read your labels!

I learned this the hard way with a pack of what I am still not convinced wasn't cheese

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nyum

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Any tech service seems to be kept running by duct tape and silly putty. Elon appears to be cutting the duct tape for cost savings.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1588287341554458624?t=nMGEbEEvDFcrWFdZyD_Hmw&s=19

It will be really funny to see how long it takes Twitter to come back online after their next outage.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Twitter's stock hasn't really nosedived yet. Any clue why it's staying up still?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Any tech service seems to be kept running by duct tape and silly putty. Elon appears to be cutting the duct tape for cost savings.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1588287341554458624?t=nMGEbEEvDFcrWFdZyD_Hmw&s=19

It will be really funny to see how long it takes Twitter to come back online after their next outage.

I'd say set up a death pool for time and manner of Twitter but the last decade or so has convinced me it will be something so utterly ridiculous that you couldn't even fit it in an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bird food bathtub posted:

I'd say set up a death pool for time and manner of Twitter but the last decade or so has convinced me it will be something so utterly ridiculous that you couldn't even fit it in an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I don't think Twitter will actually die in a finite way, like the servers shutting down for good, for quite a long time. Much more likely is that it just withers away after all the advertisers and user base migrate away, leaving a tiny kernel of people screaming n-words at each other in between MyPillow ads.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That Works posted:

Twitter's stock hasn't really nosedived yet. Any clue why it's staying up still?

Because it doesn't exist anymore. Musk took it private and it no longer trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Because it doesn't exist anymore. Musk took it private and it no longer trades.

Oh duh poo poo I totally forgot / didn't realize that was part of the deal.

Thanks.