Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I'm at collection rank 419 (mid pack 2) and alternating between a control/deckhate deck, a discard/destroy thing with apocalypse, and an on reveal thing with Odin. and i've messed around with a lot else. The control and the discard decks are most consistent of what i've tried. For those running a control sort of thing - consider using America Chavez as your 6-drop - turns your deck into an 11 card deck for first five turns and you always get a 6 cost 9 power drop on the last turn to play (unless someone Yondu'd it or something).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I've been playing this game just a few days, still firmly in Pool 1. I just bamboozled an opponent with a well-placed Heimdall and got my 8 cubes, felt really good.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Theswarms posted:

Nova wolvie is fine, its more a question of when you do it - doing this too early isn't great because you have no board to buff, so the latest you can play carnage without wasting energy is usually key.

In counterplay to this deck, destroying the opponents nova before they can develop their board is usually good, so you its a good idea to only play nova when you are ready to destroy him - else you'll get mad at an opponents killmonger/electra.

Thanks - I learned this lesson the hard way when someone Armor'd my Carnage landing spot. Not great to telegraph on Turn 1 "I'm running a destroy deck, and this is the lane I'm using"

Although I feel like I could take advantage of some iron fist shenanigans somehow...

Edit: Wait, or Dr Strange to move away a decent card before having Carnage eat the fodder. I love this

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Seeing Central Park pop up with a movement deck is agony.

I use Killmonger to slaughter them mercilessly

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
important PSA to those just realizing you can emote by tapping on your character portrait:

you can also emote on cards on the board by tapping on them and selecting the little tongue-face in the corner

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nikumatic posted:

important PSA to those just realizing you can emote by tapping on your character portrait:

you can also emote on cards on the board by tapping on them and selecting the little tongue-face in the corner

what!!!!!!! I was wondering what that does!

Also, I think I'm in need of some general deckbuilding advice. I'm dipping my toes into pull 3 and I think I've had some pretty good luck with pulls so far; this is what I'm currently working with:

Mostly been playing a lane control deck with Storm/Professor X/Spider-Man/The Guardians but I'd love to switch things up a bit. Between Hela and Moon Knight it seems like I've got some good engines for a discard deck. Wave seems absolutely busted as both ramp/disruption but I'm not sure how to use her. Green Goblin seems like a great all-rounder that I can sort of slot in anywhere. Any other suggestions? Rock Slide seems bad, Dagger seems okay but I feel like I need a Human Torch for a move deck to really work. Giganto is probably an ok target for a deck that wants to cheat stuff out with Hela or Jubilee or Wave.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

schwein11 posted:

you always get a 6 cost 9 power drop on the last turn to play (unless someone Yondu'd it or something).

It seems like Yondu often hits AC. It makes sense if they've coded the deck to be a static list that's shuffled once at the beginning (and shuffled again when rocks are thrown in?) and if she's at the top of the deck, it just draws the next card. But that protection doesn't apply when Yondu gets played.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah the way the deck stacking works is that if AC ends up at the top of the deck, she stays at the top of the deck and the second card is pulled instead, making it increasingly likely that Yondu will gank her the later in the game he's dropped.

Pengwin
Apr 3, 2007

MIND MIND MIND

Are there a lot of bots outside of the lowest levels? I'm around rank 50 and still run into a lot of suspiciously generic names and strange play.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Kaboobi posted:

Yeah the way the deck stacking works is that if AC ends up at the top of the deck, she stays at the top of the deck and the second card is pulled instead, making it increasingly likely that Yondu will gank her the later in the game he's dropped.

Is this speculation or confirmed by devs?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pengwin posted:

Are there a lot of bots outside of the lowest levels? I'm around rank 50 and still run into a lot of suspiciously generic names and strange play.

Tons of bots especially outside of prime time in north America. It’s part of the genius of the design IMO. Half the time you’re playing PVE and don’t even realize it.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Tons of bots especially outside of prime time in north America. It’s part of the genius of the design IMO. Half the time you’re playing PVE and don’t even realize it.

I’ve also run into repeat opponents somewhat frequently.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

PJOmega posted:

Is this speculation or confirmed by devs?

This is confirmed. For the same reason, Jubilee and America used to be a OP combo, because Jubilee used to pull from the top of the deck and America was more often than not located there. America stays at the top of the deck but now Jubilee pulls randomly from your deck.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Playing Marvel Snap be like

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Is there no way to play against goons on purpose

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Friendly matches are in the works.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

patch notes

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1997040/view/3432333044806514624

quote:

Patch Notes - November 3, 2022
V8.7.1
Features

NEW FEATURE: Titles! Titles have been added to the reward pool for Collector’s Reserves on the Collection Level Track. Titles are now visible in the Matchmaking screen when you load into a match - let your opponent know what’s up!

General Updates

Character logos have been added to Avatars within the Avatar Selection Menu to more easily understand who each avatar represents.
Boosters earned after a match will now favor cards with less than 20 owned Boosters.
[PC] Ability to resize gameplay window with default to 60FPS.

Art & Visual Effects

Foil and Prism Card Mods have been improved! The background art for cards with Foil and Prism Mods should now be more visible.
Card Upgrade sequence has been sped up and added the ability to “skip” mid-way through.
Lots of additional visual polish and updates to the game user interface, buttons, game board, and more!!
Updated card visual effect for Magik to reflect her recent ability adjustment.
[PC] Added click and hover states for many buttons that did not have them.

Audio

New Location Sounds for:
Attilan
Muir Island
Nidavellir
Sewer System
The Nexus
The Peak
Tinkerer's Workshop

Balance Updates
CARD UPDATES

Updated functionality of Wolfsbane and Dagger to count unrevealed cards when determining their Power gains.
Daredevil is now available in Card Series 3 (the highest series currently available in Collector’s Reserve Boxes).

Nick Fury has been added to the Random Pool (it is now possible to get Nick Fury from “random” sources like X-Mansion and Agent 13).

Bug Fixes

[PC] Buttons on the Card Detail view no longer overlap in full-screen.
[PC] Fixed an issue that would cause location art to briefly show as the wrong location before it fully reveals.
[PC] Out of Time warning VFX now displays in the proper location.
Many updates to improve text for non-English languages
Multiple updates to text positioning/display in UI for non-English languages.
Switching languages with cards filtered out no longer causes all the cards to go missing.
Fixed an issue that would cause players to be unable to progress in the Upgrade tutorial when Hulk was picked as the first card to upgrade.
Fixed an issue that caused purchases to happen twice.
Jubilee no longer triggers "on play" effects for cards like Angela, Bishop, and Lockjaw when she pulls them from the deck.
Avatars are visible again in the second introductory mission.
Avatars should no longer need a restart or scene change to be visible in the Avatar select UI.
Attempting to matchmake without a full deck should now provide a warning message.
Mystery card icons in the Ranked reward UI no longer clip over their tooltip.
Fixed an issue that could cause card backs to disappear when scrolling through the deck selector.
The purchase buttons for variants in the shop no longer disappears when the shop refreshes.
Card labels no longer clip under the notch.
Tapping a variant you’ve already bought no longer has an overlapping ”Sold” message.
Made the Android “back” button functional on more screens.
Fixed an issue where some screens showed a small gap at the bottom on iOS.
Fixed an issue that could cause soft-locks in the tutorial if you rapidly switched scenes before the next tutorial step has loaded.
Creating multiple decks in rapid succession no longer causes the deck list to disappear.
Lowered the Carousel’s art so the Season Pass headers no longer clip under the Collection/Avatar UI elements.
Wong’s VFX should now move with the card if the card moves.
Mister Fantastic’s VFX now play properly when he, or the location he’s on, moves.
Fixed an issue with Deathlok’s VFX breaking.
The enemy’s active Warpath will no longer play its VFX when you drag a card out.
Uatu should no longer play VFX if he’s drawn after turn 3.
Fixed Strange Academy’s VFX when moving multiple cards on both sides of the board.
Tapping a Season Cache no longer displays a white square.
Fixed an issue where Asgard/Ronan combinations could cause Aw Snap errors.
Improved Sokovia’s text to be more readable on smaller devices.
Many many art fixes to cards and avatars.
Made some improvements to loading times for some device specs.
Fixed a rare case where players could get locked in the tutorial at the “Sentinel is waiting” part of the Deck Edit tutorial.

Known Issues List

The splash screen art will briefly appear off-screen before snapping into place when launching the game on iOS.
It is possible to earn variants from caches/reserves that are also present in your shop, but the shop does not update to reflect you own that variant.
A brief flicker of duplicate UI appears when going to the Mission screen on app launch.
Miles Morales doesn’t get his cost reduced if a card is moved to a location after a Destroy card is played that would destroy the moved card.
Some languages have font that’s too large in some UI and can clip out of it, such as the reward claim button, card upgrade button, season pass headers, or inbox messages.
French VO can be too quiet.
The Shop can occasionally be empty for some players.
Undo Actions UI can be opened over the top of the Retreat UI and soft lock until you restart the client.
If you do not claim the rank 5 reward, the season roll does not properly occur for you.
The scroll bar scrolls the wrong way on the Title UI.
After Attilan activates, the middle location’s focused view displays a card preview instead of the location preview.
The Sort/Filter UI buttons are misplaced on some iOS devices.
It is possible to remove the wrong cards during the deck edit tutorial.
Certain card combinations with Bar Sinister can cause turns to go on too long.
Cards can take a long time to load their art when the shop refreshes.
Season Caches have no descriptive text when focused.
Some avatar logos can be hard to read.
The navigation bar can show up on screens that it should not, overlapping with the X to close button.
Season Cache icons cover the “Claimed” UI banner.
Card description information can disappear if you click Fast Upgrade cards then any card in your collection
Avatars can be selected under the currently-active avatar UI element.
The card description can slightly obscure the upgrade button after the upgrade flow.
At the start of the match, the End Turn button shows as 1/6 then 0/6 briefly before the first turn.
[PC] If you have more than 5 decks, you cannot scroll them properly in the main screen’s deck selector while in full-screen.
[PC] The Filter UI doesn’t display properly in full-screen.
[PC] The card back UI doesn’t display properly in full-screen.
[PC] Canceling Google login can cause a soft lock.
[PC] The carousel can show mid-cycle when returning to the main screen.
[PC] Small cards are too low-resolution.
[PC] Opening Settings and changing the window size will cause the game window to move down.
[PC] Scrolling through the Season Cache rewards (51+ in Season Pass) does not animate properly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That change to Dagger is pretty big. Her not getting buffed for moving if you revealed first was a major problem with the card. Wolfsbane benefits too - you can now play Venom after her and gain the stats, for example - but not quite as much.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daredevil's effect is such a cool loving card design

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just got out of recruit season and I’m at 56 collection level - this little game is pretty addictive.

Every single opponent that has snapped against me has lost which is pretty funny/interesting. I haven’t snapped once yet but it seems like I should just snap at the beginning every game. I’ve lost once so far.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Out of all the cards in pool 1, Enchantress has to be the most satisfying by far. Why yes, I will counter snap your onslaught citadel with 4 ongoings that clearly make you unable to lose 2 lanes.

I've got all the pool 1 cards now but Angel and Lizard and it feels like the only functional decks that exist here are devil dinosaur, ongoing spam and misc useful on reveals. Movement/discard&destroy decks seem like they don't have enough high power cards to really be workable.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 4, 2022

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Now that I figured out that the best cards to upgrade are commons and cards you want to push past infinity (in order to get more commons),

I am saving my gold for sick variants.

Credits aren't the bottleneck. Style is the bottleneck.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
having fun/good enough runs with this 1 cost deck + buffs. I'm sure theres other cards i can slot in here from pool 1 and 2 but i'm grooving with what i got

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Hawkeye
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Mantis
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Quicksilver
# (2) Cable
# (2) Okoye
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Iron Man
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFudGlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWlja3NpbHZlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF3a2V5ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYWJsZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2tveWUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s a good time. My primary deck is all one cost cards, +ka zar+blue marvel+ultron. Also Bishop and Falcon but they require more specific things to happen to work well. A poorly timed Killmonger will completely gently caress me but most of the time I win just through overwhelming force as long as I get those big cards

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Am I the only person who thinks Killmonger’s standard art is at least borderline offensive? I really dislike it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

CapnAndy posted:

Am I the only person who thinks Killmonger’s standard art is at least borderline offensive? I really dislike it.

It's a man jumping with a knife.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i just think its ugly

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

i just think its ugly

Villains in comic books often tend to be.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I just got his Venom variant from a season cache and it's wayyyyy cooler. Saw his cartoony one in the variant shop and it was neat too but I don't think I'll ever buy anything from the variant shop.

edit: observe

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
lmao I just Scarlett Witched a location into the TVA on turn 4 and instantly won the game

this game

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I really appreciate the amount of dumb bullshit you can get up to in this game

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The nice thing about going forever without adding key cards like Elektra, Rocket Raccoon, etc to your collection is that when you do get them it's really fun to replace the bad stopgap cards in all your decks!

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

The nice thing about going forever without adding key cards like Elektra, Rocket Raccoon, etc to your collection is that when you do get them it's really fun to replace the bad stopgap cards in all your decks!

I'm currently in the awkward part where I have climbed up, but I am now missing some key cards to finish decks. But I'm against people with said full decks.

Frustrating. Need more cards plz.

But still fun. I like the locations, add some chaos.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

EvilElmo posted:

I'm currently in the awkward part where I have climbed up, but I am now missing some key cards to finish decks. But I'm against people with said full decks.

Frustrating. Need more cards plz.

But still fun. I like the locations, add some chaos.

Yep, I just learned I hit pool 2 by running into Killmonger. I had been having fun with a 1 cost Kaza Onslaught Zoo deck until then, haha.

Is there a good counter to Killmonger, or is a deck reliant on 1 cost just not viable once you reach pool 2? At 3 energy he's a small enough body that I don't see if you can anticipate where he's gonna land for Cosmo shenanigans.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My early pool 2 deck:

Nova
Lizard
Mr Sinister
Cable
Sentinel
Killmonger
Mr Fantastic
Morph
White Queen
Devil Dinosaur
Klaw
America Chavez

I'm totally set on nova killmonger dino sentinel, feel good about white queen Lizard klaw and mr sinister, am not sure about mr fantastic morph and america, am actively looking to replace cable. I guess I'll have to see what pool 2 brings me, cant find anything I really like for the slots in pool 1.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

Yep, I just learned I hit pool 2 by running into Killmonger. I had been having fun with a 1 cost Kaza Onslaught Zoo deck until then, haha.

Is there a good counter to Killmonger, or is a deck reliant on 1 cost just not viable once you reach pool 2? At 3 energy he's a small enough body that I don't see if you can anticipate where he's gonna land for Cosmo shenanigans.

Armor and Falcon are pretty much the only defenses

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Killmonger is a really unfair card and is totally different to other "answers" because he hits every lane. Maybe kazoo is just so strong that it's necessary, idk.

I love playing him btw but it's because it's dirty.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Einwand posted:

Out of all the cards in pool 1, Enchantress has to be the most satisfying by far. Why yes, I will counter snap your onslaught citadel with 4 ongoings that clearly make you unable to lose 2 lanes.

I've got all the pool 1 cards now but Angel and Lizard and it feels like the only functional decks that exist here are devil dinosaur, ongoing spam and misc useful on reveals. Movement/discard&destroy decks seem like they don't have enough high power cards to really be workable.

Enchantress, Killmonger and Shang-Chi have so far, in my personal experience, been the Holy Trinity of telling someone to go gently caress themselves.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Tender Bender posted:

To the extent it’s an answer, it’s to play all your 1 drops on turn 6 and be behind on the board going in so that Killmonger flips first. So ideal curve is go Pass->Angela->Bishop->Kazar—>Blue Marvel->6 1 drops. If you have to play a one drop before turn 6, make it a lower value one and hold antman and blade (obviously) at all costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

My early pool 2 deck:

Nova
Lizard
Mr Sinister
Cable
Sentinel
Killmonger
Mr Fantastic
Morph
White Queen
Devil Dinosaur
Klaw
America Chavez

I'm totally set on nova killmonger dino sentinel, feel good about white queen Lizard klaw and mr sinister, am not sure about mr fantastic morph and america, am actively looking to replace cable. I guess I'll have to see what pool 2 brings me, cant find anything I really like for the slots in pool 1.

Cables really good though? He helps dino and sometimes removes powerful cards from the oppo

Typically you want to run moon girl in your devil dino decks. Agent 13 too, and it helps as an on curve turn 1 play or filler