Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Official Announcement and First Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rnAN1-cP6w

Gameplay Walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEEHH1E8ko

What Is It?

Marvel SNAP is the new[1] card game from Second Dinner (home of Ben Brode of Hearthstone fame). A streamlined card battler game, SNAP aims to be to Hearthstone what Hearthstone was to Magic in terms of creating both a more fast-paced and more 'exciting' random gameplay experience. Over six rounds (or four! or seven!), play cards from your 12 card deck (no duplicates!). Cards like Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Cosmo the Spacedog. Players vie for control over 2 of 3 locations with powerful effects, locations like the Baxter Building, the TVA, or Wakanda. Turns are simultaneous, meaning you and your opponent make your plays at the same time, which are then resolved in priority order once you both end your turn; initial priority is coin flip, after the first turn priority goes to the currently winning player, and the player with priority will have a glow around their avatar. At the end of 6 rounds, whoever has the highest Power at 2 of the 3 locations wins!

Games take about a minute or two, and with the SNAP mechanic and the high location variance, games feel very fast. The base cards are all gorgeous, and every card has a half dozen variants available to purchase (or buy with the freemium currency) if you have a specific art-style.

It looks like this:

Every couple days, a given Location will be highlighted, having an increased chance of showing up. This unstable meta of Locations causes shifts in the playable Deck meta.

Building decks is lightning fast, allowing for fast "teching" of cards in response to shifts in the decks you're frequently encountering.

How Freemium Is It?

Game is free to play on iOS, Android, and Steam.

Players accumulate four currencies - Credits, Gold, Tokens, and character-specific boosters.
[list][*]Advancing a card's cosmetics cost Credits and their Boosters. Advancing card's cosmetics (adding a frame break, making the logo shiny, etc.) is the way you advance your collection. You gain Boosters primarily by playing a given card in your deck, though you can also gain them by advancing your collection.
[*]You gain Credits by completing daily quests and advancing your collection.
[*]Gold is the freemium currency - you mostly gain it by spending money, and Gold can buy new alternate art versions of cards, or more Boosters or Credits.
[*]Tokens are the other other freemium currency. They are used to buy cards in the shop. Every eight hours, you are offered one new card: a Series 3/4/5 card you don't have for 1000/3000/5000 tokens (with Series 3 far more common than 4 which is far more common than 5), or a variant of a card you have for a few thousand tokens. If you like the card on offer but you can't afford it, you can pin it - it won't rotate unless you open the shop on another device.

Card upgrades are purely cosmetic, with the upgrade from basic to uncommon 'breaking' the card art outside of the frame, the upgrade from uncommon to rare popping the art into 3D, rare to epic adding subtle animations, etc. Eventually once you max a card out it'll split into a foil version of the same card which can follow the same upgrade path until you split the foil, at which point it gains another feature on top of that like little particle effects, and so on.

Cards are unlocked in Series at random: each player unlocks all Series 1 cards in a random order before they unlock any Series 2 cards, and all Series 2 cards in a random order before they unlock any Series 3 cards. Series 1 (CL 18-214), Series 2 (CL 222-474), and Series 3 (486+). Series contain the same cards for every player, but the order in which you get them is randomly determined, so while two Collection Level 50 players will have different cards, once those players hit Collection Level 214 they'll both have the same collections. Same goes for Series 2 and 3, they contain the same cards for everyone, but you won't get them in the same order. As you've also probably noted, the spread of levels between new cards increases as you get higher, though it eventually plateaus in Series 3 along with some increased randomness.

Series 4 and 5 were just released. They're encountered in collection caches intermixed with Series 3 but at a lower rarity. Series 4 and Series 5.

Matchmaking matches against collection level, not Cubes, so if you’re in Series 1 you’ll generally only match other Series 1 players, etc. The matchmaking is filled with bots and is honestly a bit of a mystery.

Buying Credits with Gold is a waste of money, the maximum Credits you can purchase in a day is capped so you can't whale too hard and as you've seen with the Collection Level reward tracks above you actually get less for your dollar spent as you go higher, spending money on Gold to buy Credits is for the dumbest of whales only. Gold you get from the season pass is best spent rolling new extra daily missions as completing those also feeds back into more season pass experience. Update: Gold may possibly be more efficiently spent on bundles because they give Tokens, but the pricing for Gold-bundles isn't stable, and the ratios keep changing. The safer efficient option is buying more dailies, but there have been Gold-bundles more efficient than that.

Season pass is the big one people actually spend money on as right now it's the only way to get the new card they add each month, buying the pass gets you the new card immediately, then a bunch of typical season pass stuff as you level. If you don't buy the premium season pass you can't get that new card that month, nor can you get it the following month, it's only two months after it initially lands that it goes into the Series (currently, Series 3) for people to randomly pull when leveling Collection Level.

Why is it called SNAP?
Snapping, as the name suggests, is the game's most unique gameplay hook. As you play SNAP you gain and lose cubes, from which your rank is derived, and a part of learning the game is learning when to retreat from a match and cut your losses. At the outset of each match both you and your opponent buy in with one cube, winner takes all. The stakes double in the final round If you or your opponent "snap" at any time during a match it will double the stakes come the following turn (or at the game's conclusion if on the final turn). As the stakes increase, players can choose to retreat and only lose the stakes wagered so far; one player snapping brings the final match stakes to four cubes, both players snapping brings it to eight. You can bottom out at ten cubes but given how the low level bots basically let you win I doubt anyone has without trying.

Resources for cards and decks
https://marvelsnapzone.com/
https://snap.fan/

Tips for Beginners[li][*]When you get to Collection Level 590, max out your credit stack before upgrading to CL600+. At CL600 you're matched against people with Series 3 collections, and being able to unlock as many Series 3 cards as possible the moment that happens will make things easier.

[1] For future reference, "new" in that the beta came out in April 2022, and the game launched in October 2022.

Thanks to Wheeee for helping write this up.

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I really dig the gambling / bluffing aspects of it, I think it could be pretty cool.

edit: https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1527343676124303360

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 20, 2022

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Anybody else in the closed beta? I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm worried about where the economy/progression systems are headed.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Nate405 posted:

Anybody else in the closed beta? I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm worried about where the economy/progression systems are headed.

How so?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

There are three ways to unlock new cards.

1. You unlock random cards periodically by increasing your collection level. You increase your collection level by spending credits to visually upgrade the cards you already have. Credits are earned by completing daily missions or spending real money. The trickle of credits from the dailies and the season pass are enough to unlock a couple cards a day. It's not clear whether this pace is fast enough without buying additional credits to eventually fill out the basic set before more cards are added to the pool.

2. Guaranteed card rewards from the monthly season pass. The pass costs ~$10/month and if you complete it you get enough premium currency to buy next month's pass. However, progression on the pass is also limited by missions that unlock daily. There is the option to spend extra to progress the pass faster than the time gated missions allow. It is not clear how far into the rewards you can unlock with just the initial buy-in.

3. There are going to periodically be limited time "nexus events" with new cards as a possible reward. They haven't run any of these yet, so the details are sketchy. It sounds like you can only participate in the event by either spending real money or unlocking participation tokens from the monthly pass. There is some random chance involved in whether you get the new card from the event or not, so it is not clear whether you can expect to get the card with only the entries you get from the season pass.

So in each case, it's possible that the system could be balanced fairly or it could be used to tighten the screws and encourage you to spend some uncapped amount of real money. If it turns out that a heavy player that only spends on the monthly pass can basically keep up with new releases, that seems fair to me.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I've got the same concern, I feel like I've definitely played a lot in the last two days, and I'm running on fumes trying to get new cards. I'm not much of a mobile gamer but the multiple currencies and time gates on collection building via credits might quickly turn me away.

Core gameplay is excellent, though I don't like the 'draw from the other deck' effects at all, and I seem to see them once every few games.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

After watching Trump’s videos, I’m tempted to try it once it releases for realsies.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm playing. My understanding is they are both not wiping beta progress and adding "packs" of cards so the progression right now is extra slow to make sure we don't get super far ahead.

I agree it feels extremely grindy and greedy to get cards right now but its also very fun otherwise.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Can someone send me an invite for pc or android?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

There's no pc client released yet, people are using BlueStacks or other android emulators. And I don't have a code to give out but uhh they aren't checking who actually got invited and the apk is out there.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I am loving this game, but coming from Runeterra the grind is pretty aggravating.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

CitizenKeen posted:

I am loving this game, but coming from Runeterra the grind is pretty aggravating.

The collection level system is incredibly stupid. As they add more cards in the future, I strongly suspect they'll either revamp the whole system or at least allow you to pick what "pool" you're progressing through. I'm still in Pool 1 and it's already a drag to advance through it, and there's at least 2 more pools on top of it that are even slower.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The grind is bad. There are so many menus and stuff to scroll through that I don't actually know what I'm missing. I haven't seen a menu system this "loud" in visual noise since WinAmp skins, it's kind of disorienting.

The gameplay screen is fine. I wish the cards had keywords as icons or something to tell what something does at a glance, but gameplay is quick enough that there's not too much information to process.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
This week's new location: Monster Island. Spawns a 9-power monster on both sides. Synergizes well with Iron Man or Shang-Chi (if you have him).

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Ended up giving up on Snap. It's fun, but there are too many other good games out there to deal with the hot garbage grind.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The grind really is total poo poo, very difficult to enjoy long term in the state it's in right now.

Sad because I do like the core game. I've been picking it up for a couple games maybe once a week instead of actually playing a lot.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Sorry to double post but I'm also really worried they blew their load early and there will be negative hype when this launches officially.

Having some popular streamers/YouTubers hype up your game and then have it still be in closed beta when you launch your first official season isn't a great look.

I pirated it to get in early after seeing coverage and even I'm falling off so for the super casuals... Not sure this is going anywhere.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

It feels like the game/devs just doesn't deserve any hype yet. I'm really in love with the core game, but they whiffed so hard on the collection building. I think like it's okay to miss, but during beta I would expect some transparency around how they're taking the very consistent feedback they're getting in their discord... But instead it's empty.

Love the game, I wish I could give the game some money and be able to play the decks that sound cool in it. Instead, I have to play with some pieces for other decks that might be interesting. It doesn't feel good, and it doesn't feel promising that they're still not engaging with the feedback.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The game is good, but: I don't like Marvel, the UI is awful only second to god drat Magic Online, and the grind is draining. At minimum they should eliminate all the loving screens you have to click through to complete missions and upgrade cards, just do that automatically. I hate finishing a match and having a popup to upgrade a single card and then going through my missions and season pass to get my rewards, then going into the season pass and collecting those rewards, then climbing the ladder, ad nauseum.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Oh yeah I definitely don't think they need or deserve the hype right now it's just a baffling decision to drum a bunch up with multiple gameplay streams themselves, people streaming and posting videos of gameplay right now when it's clearly not ready to be a success.

I think a decent amount of people are going to see the content already out now, get disappointed they can't play/that there are criticisms, and when it comes out they'll be like oh wasn't it already??

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 25, 2022

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The actual game part is fun. It’s like a micro version of gwent. The economy might be the scummiest I’ve ever seen in a tcg.

[e] Ok, after a few days I finally got to the part that's bullshit. To boil it down your ability to get cards is based on your collection level that you need credits to increase. What the game doesn't tell you is the cards you get randomly are segregated into different pools and you have to empty out a pool before you can start getting cards in the next. The problem is the base pool doesn't have a consistent set up/ pay off for the different deck archetypes so you're forced to run inconsistent decks.

I basically dominated every match until level 115 and am now getting bodied by people with pool 2 and 3 cards because they can make proper decks. My credits ran out so my getting access to cards has massively slowed so getting to the second pool to get to an even playing field is even farther away unless I want to take my wallet out.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 9, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrManiac posted:

[e] Ok, after a few days I finally got to the part that's bullshit. To boil it down your ability to get cards is based on your collection level that you need credits to increase. What the game doesn't tell you is the cards you get randomly are segregated into different pools and you have to empty out a pool before you can start getting cards in the next. The problem is the base pool doesn't have a consistent set up/ pay off for the different deck archetypes so you're forced to run inconsistent decks.

I basically dominated every match until level 115 and am now getting bodied by people with pool 2 and 3 cards because they can make proper decks. My credits ran out so my getting access to cards has massively slowed so getting to the second pool to get to an even playing field is even farther away unless I want to take my wallet out.

That isn't actually the problem. In fact, you can't progress faster just by whaling out because you need boosters to upgrade as well as credits and apart from a few random ones on the Collection track the only way to get boosters for a card is to play with it and hope you get the right random boosters. I also believe there's a limit on how many credits you can buy; there's definitely a daily two-purchase limit on 150C for 120G. I don't know about the 500C for 400G because oddly the larger purchase is exactly the same ratio of credits for gold so there's no incentive to save up for it.

No; the problems are twofold. First, as you said there's the random pools. After about 2.5 weeks I'm at CL306 and have been absolutely hosed by RNG in both pools so far. I didn't get Elektra, Blade or Strong Guy until very late and the last two Pool 1 cards I got were Rocket and Scarlet Witch, which meant I couldn't build any of the good swarm decks. Then in Pool 2 my first two cards were Ebony Maw and Warpath, and halfway through the path I still haven't had either of the Dora Milaje. Okoye and Nakia are practically ubiquitous in top tier decks because they're completely busted. (The power creep apparently doesn't stop there, either - Reddit is full of Pool 2 players complaining that they're at a huge disadvantage to Pool 3 players.)

The second problem is that the short gaps early on in the Collection Level ladder and the way in which upgrades unlock actively mislead you on how to most efficiently level up. The cheapest way to gain CL is to upgrade cards from Common to Uncommon; it only costs 25C and 5 boosters so you can usually do it after getting a single booster reward, and it gives +1 CL. After that it's 100C/10B/+2CL cumulative per rank; Uncommon>Rare is 100/10/+2, Rare>Epic is 200/20/+4 and so on, up to Ultra-Legendary at 500/50/+10. But the missions - particularly Season Pass missions that are the prime method of gaining free gold and credits - frequently include "Upgrade a card" as an objective. This month one of the Season Pass missions required 12 upgrades, and failing to complete an SP mission costs you not only the XP (950 in this case) for the mission, but also 2500XP for completing all seven missions in the Chapter. That's almost 3.5 levels lost, which is worth several hundred credits usually. So the most efficient plan for upgrading is to upgrade one card as high as possible - preferably to U-L, where it splits out a new Common copy of the card with shiny special effects that can be upgraded again - and leave the Common cards until you get an upgrade mission. But this also doesn't get you cards as quickly in the early stages of play, and makes it very hard to win matches past a certain point.

There's also a third, lesser problem, which is the credit cap. You can't keep more than 5000 credits, so once your collection gets to high ranks across the board and boosters become your throttle you can find yourself losing credits simply because you can't spend them. That's only really an issue for people over CL1000, though, who can't hoard credits towards the next pool. Everyone else is spending them as they get them and rarely has a balance over 500.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
A new patch just dropped including the much prompted nexus events.... Which are loot boxes. For 2 cards. That could cost you 340$ to get.

There's a bunch of other poo poo but it's all terrible and it's not worth the effort posting about.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lol brode’s been excusing away the card unlocking issues because nexus events were coming and were going to be a fun new way to get cards!

nexus events are of course just a stapled on gacha

those are of course worst case numbers, the average will be around half of that which is still obscene

this poo poo is dead on arrival and that’s sad because beneath the slimy monetization there’s a really fun little game

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yikes that is a massive bummer

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kris xK posted:

A new patch just dropped including the much prompted nexus events.... Which are loot boxes. For 2 cards. That could cost you 340$ to get.

There's a bunch of other poo poo but it's all terrible and it's not worth the effort posting about.

No, it is definitely worth pointing out that the one Pool 1 deck that could compete with Pool 2 and 3 decks has been nerfed into the ground. And that above Pool 2 cards now come from lootboxes on the ladder instead of being guaranteed, which unless there's some powerful loot protection means it's possible for an F2P player to become unable to obtain more cards. And that they've introduced these gacha boxes literally as the EU makes them illegal, removing a quarter of the globe from their market.

Also the weekly mission has been changed from completing 2 dailies 6 days a week to completing 35 dailies a week. This is meant to increase our flexibility - ignoring that unless you complete five dailies a day you can't actually get 35 dailies in a week anyway. You can spend gold to refresh your dailies if you fall behind, and assuming it gives you an easy and a hard that's the same return as a 120G purchase in the shop, but still. Oh, and because they dropped the patch midweek it's impossible to complete the weekly this week without a refresh if you had been doing your dailies. There are now five reward boxes, but believe me they'd better each be on the level of the intermediate weekly rewards from the old system.

Honestly, it's hard to think of any decision they could have made that was worse for the health of the game.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The UI has gotten better at least? No more hunting for what you need and tapping a bunch of screens... but it still could be better.

In most card games, lightning fast aggro decks have the best chance to beat high powered decks. I have a hunch the aggro deck was nerfed because it was too effective against the purposeful power creep they put into the game to attract whales.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

LifeLynx posted:

In most card games, lightning fast aggro decks have the best chance to beat high powered decks. I have a hunch the aggro deck was nerfed because it was too effective against the purposeful power creep they put into the game to attract whales.

Pool 1 Kazoo wasn't a problem. It was the Dora Milaje that put it over the top. Okoye did get nerfed, but saying Kazar is too strong because he puts 9-11 power on the board for 4 energy when Nakia is still putting the same amount on the board for 3 energy is a loving joke.

Also since the nerf basically every top deck is a Wave/Jubilee deck. Jubilee got a technical nerf to stop her always hitting America Chavez - the way that card is coded is that if it would be drawn and it's not turn 6 you draw the card below instead, that's why you hit it so often with Yondu - but the Pool 3 decks have far better options than America and Wave can still only be used by people who bought the June season pass.

In a nutshell, the game is now only playable by people who were in the early beta test and can spend money. They've locked everyone else out.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Jedit posted:

Honestly, it's hard to think of any decision they could have made that was worse for the health of the game.

Everything you said is correct, progression is hosed.

I just meant this game is no longer worth the effort to post about.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Originally I felt bad I forgot to change the flair from poo poo POST, but it feels appropriate now.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

so one card, jane, is exclusive to this nexus 'event' and won't enter the pool to be obtainable via collection level for at least a month, but hey there's a guaranteed 4-star reward every ten pulls at the gacha! what's a 4-star reward? who fuckin knows, that parlance ain't used anywhere else in the game and the ? doesn't tell you.

maybe a 4-star reward is a card! makes sense right, you have to buy the $40 bundle of gold to have enough to do ten pulls if you didn't have any gold laying around, so yea a card!

lol nope

o also the card you get for buying the monthly season pass is exclusive to that purchase for that month and the following month, so if you want the meta-defining wave card from last season you still have to wait till august before you even have a chance at getting it randomly from collection level rewards

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 20, 2022

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Game looked great but I don’t think I’ve seen a bigger “gently caress you” from a dev before. This poo poo is dead before arrival.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Crackbone posted:

Game looked great but I don’t think I’ve seen a bigger “gently caress you” from a dev before. This poo poo is dead before arrival.

A game dev's dirtiest money-making tactic is to add some greedy and outlandish whale-bait to the game. Then when the community rightfully complains, put out an announcement saying "We've listened to the feedback and made changes" and dial back the ridiculousness to 70%. The community relaxes and is content to only be mostly ripped off, because they feel like their complaints made an impact. Rinse and repeat. In Snap's case though I don't see much of an exit strategy.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I feel a little schadenfreude right now. I know betas are largely demos at this point, but the devs for this game made no attempt to appear to be interested in addressing beta tester feedback. If the game crashes and burns because they dug too greedily, I chose to simply think that is Very Funny.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Dukberry posted:

I feel a little schadenfreude right now. I know betas are largely demos at this point, but the devs for this game made no attempt to appear to be interested in addressing beta tester feedback. If the game crashes and burns because they dug too greedily, I chose to simply think that is Very Funny.

yeah i'm definitely making the turn between genuine disappointed and just enjoying the trainwreck

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Dukberry posted:

they've been ignoring all feedback regarding progression and monetization this entire time in the official discord

the admin went on a comment deleting and banning spree earlier in the ask-the-devs channel as well lol

ben brode is a psychopath

for those of you who haven't played snap, fast upgrades are literally a trap that wastes new players' credits. they allow you to upgrade a card without using boosters, but it costs double the credits that upgrade would normally cost, and once you're beyond the first couple days of playing you become heavily limited by credits after the initial deluge while boosters just keep stacking up as you play

the snap reddit is on fire and multiple streamers/youtubers for the game have already put up videos stating that they're done with it

lol

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

it’s out in Australia so I got it. It’s actually really fun, and super polished, I especially like how limited the card pool is, it makes me feel that I can be experimental, understand every card and not feel like I’m playing the wrong deck because I’m just using what I’ve got. And the match length is perfect.

That approach is terrible for people who want to catch ‘em all though, can definitely see how people would torture themselves trying to get to to the complete set. This game is 1000% not for doing that.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

it's terrible for people who haven't managed to catch the deck defining cards they want to use too, which becomes an increasing problem as you move up the card pools. they also keep nerfing all the good pool 1 cards lol

snap is a super fun game with a profoundly awful progression/monetization system that is going to kill it

they've been hyping "Nexus Events" for over a month now and they aren't even events, just a literal loving gacha

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get why the title mentioned Smash-Up until my friend asked about Smash-Up. It's been a long time since I played it. I remembered the broken deck combination possibilities and ~wacky~ pirates/ninjas/zombies stuff, but I forgot the location part. That's good, it means the location mechanic isn't an original trademark and maybe some better company will swipe the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Wheeee posted:

it's terrible for people who haven't managed to catch the deck defining cards they want to use too, which becomes an increasing problem as you move up the card pools. they also keep nerfing all the good pool 1 cards lol

snap is a super fun game with a profoundly awful progression/monetization system that is going to kill it

they've been hyping "Nexus Events" for over a month now and they aren't even events, just a literal loving gacha

They’ve been clear that not being able to netdeck is a feature, not a bug and after playing it for a bit I have to agree with them. It’s super refreshing. I also agree with you that peoples expectations, that they want to and should play what the streamer is playing, are set entirely wrong and could easily kill the game, but npc bots are a lot easier to beat than humans so nbd imo