Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

We have saying in Ontario: You can't spell enabler without D-O-U-G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, sure, but he died of liposarcoma. so it's a bit of a stretch

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://twitter.com/osbcucscso/status/1588236075239186433

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
welp. time to rock and roll, i guess.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

You also can't spell DDOGFORU without DOUG FORD. I suggest you let that one marinate.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://wemovetoronto.ca/atu-local-113-will-be-at-queens-park-on-friday-november-4th-in-support-of-cupe-education-workers/

atu 113 joining in the rally tomorrow, and clc and ofl are urging member orgs to do the same

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Of course he did he enabled his crackhead brother to death

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Pickets popping up at MPP offices. Going to be interesting to see how much heat the cons are willing to take.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Another Bill posted:

when workers rights are under attack
what do you do?
stand up fight back

hey hey
ho ho
the bathroom's where I gotta go

show me what a plantar's wart looks like
(this is what a plantar's wart looks like)

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

lets gooooo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dreylad posted:

Pickets popping up at MPP offices. Going to be interesting to see how much heat the cons are willing to take.

Apparently the government walked away from mediation today but I feel pretty strongly that deal gets announced Sunday night before the 11 o'clock news. Just a hunch.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hardin’s office has been on the ball today, here’s hoping ONDP doesn’t flinch

Segue
May 23, 2007

It's a hinge time because after such lackluckster responses to the convoy, essentially giving up on collective action against COVID-19, and awful turnout at provincial and municipal elections that changed nothing, this is the last gasp of progressive action.

If it's defeated then all the wind is out and we drag our way through, but if it succeeds then we can maybe actually inspire change and get renewed energy.

What I'm saying is find a picket near you tomorrow and come out with signs and yell. We can do this.

https://www.dontbeabully.ca

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1588284738309345283

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/nDecfNp.mp4
(sound)

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I plead the fifth :colbert:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ahem,

eXXon posted:

Is that where the permabanned users hide out? Has anyone run a scan for Cultural Imperial recently?

megahtz posted:

after you read his writing, you realize the worst thing about matthew lau is that he's like 25

eXXon posted:

Don't doxx Cultural Imperial's nephew.

megahtz posted:

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

(I did not see it coming).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vid is out if you have not seen it yet
https://twitter.com/CBCLorenda/status/1588285610724585472

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eXXon posted:

wait lmao was there anyone out there who actually didn't think/know that megahtz was CI??? i thought it was common knowledge

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

eXXon posted:

Ahem,

pokeyman posted:

hi ci, are your pamps extra poopy today?

I tried to tell you

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
also called that poo poo like a year ago in canpol discord

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
somewhere, jenny kwan smiles

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1588296637239427073

hell yeah cupe

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love the cops politely telling them to leave. Don't want to beat them up the head on national TV lol

Rutibex has issued a correction as of 09:47 on Nov 4, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

What's the name of the fat piece of poo poo who smugly waved at them

Segue
May 23, 2007

Rutibex posted:

What's the name of the fat piece of poo poo who smugly waved at them

Bob Bailey, MPP for Sarnia-Lambton. He's been an MPP since 2007.

You can contact his office here https://bobbaileympp.com/contact/

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

GOOOOOOOO CUPE :cheersdoge:

In what world do they (govt) think they'll have public support for this tactic, against this union specifically, and right now when nearly everyone is acutely aware of inflation and how it hits these members first, and hardest.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Hello CUPE, goodbye student loan interest

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
On my lunch from work, driving to the nearest picket and giving them a box of handwarmers. Today, we don't need it because weather is nice (Thanks Climate Change that will kill us all), but let's be honest, either this strike will go into winter, or there will be a winter strike

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

former glory posted:

In what world do they (govt) think they'll have public support for this tactic, against this union specifically, and right now when nearly everyone is acutely aware of inflation and how it hits these members first, and hardest.

theyre trying the usual tactic of saying it's all about keeping kids in schools and banking on parents taking their side because they hated having to babysit their own children during Covid

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

former glory posted:

Buddy, Ontarians hate teachers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's important to remember that DoFo's core constituency in the 905 are pretty rabidly anti-union too, and they will not stand with CUPE when their kids are home for the day

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

former glory posted:

My coworkers with children think the union should be forced back to work and/or destroyed lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

it's important to remember that DoFo's core constituency in the 905 are pretty rabidly anti-union too, and they will not stand with CUPE when their kids are home for the day

the only thing they hate more than unionized teachers is spending time with their own children

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I despise children, but unions are ok

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

former glory posted:

It's not about public support, it's about making this the sort of action you can enforce despite public opposition.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Love the song and dance of essential enough to have your rights legislated away but not essential enough to get paid reasonably.

It happens every time.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

It's not about public support, it's about making this the sort of action you can enforce despite public opposition.

Depressing, but can't argue against that.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

former glory posted:

i refuse to link it but my dad sent me an article from the national post stating that this legislation is "politically savvy" because all parents will stand behind the gov't and parents are the biggest support base of conservatives, or some bullshit like that. sadly might be true because the world is terrible

regardless, this situation has set off the bomb that is the notwithstanding clause. expect alberta and other terrible governments to quickly follow suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Next up with the Ontario government: using the notwithstanding clause to prevent anyone from ever voluntarily leaving their job.