Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
lol in particular at the combo of "implement the monetization feature by saturday to deploy on Monday" and "we're laying off every other employee and closing office access on Friday"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rotor posted:

this nonsense has made me think a lot about what id do in their situation and about what i could do do make my exit as painful as possible for the company.
stay instead

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

stay instead

it's this. change nothing about your work (post on the pos all day erry day for 8 hours a day)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

this nonsense has made me think a lot about what id do in their situation and about what i could do do make my exit as painful as possible for the company.

honestly i would've checked out months ago when the purchase started. no way in hell i'm doing anything for elon and to me it was obviously going to happen

imo through that lens there's very little point in making the exit painful for the company. i realize a lot of people thought a buyout either might not or would not happen, but i probably would have tried to convince my coworkers (the cool ones) to leave anyway. ultimately at that point it'd be their choice though and i totally understand not wanting to leave what seems like job security for a then-hypothetical, particularly if their prospects are not good anyway

their prospects are worse now than they were in april regardless though, so

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

jesus WEP posted:

stay instead

goddammit wep

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i dont need this poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

i gotta fix this av, where's that site that has your old avs?

very very long time ago tyhis was my avatar

and then I arranged a goon meet some some goon from montana with no legs and a wheelchair actually posed for me to recreate it

he was a good fella. used to hoon around town on a skateboard. wonder what happened to him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rotor posted:

goddammit wep
lol i didn’t even mean this in a ragging on you kinda way :blush: i meant like hang around keep cashing their cheques and doing real bad work as long as possible

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/railfan_/status/1588394856711266304

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

At this point can we even say that the wheels are coming off the wagon?

The loving wagon went over a cliff and dropped into a 500ft deep canyon...

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Good ole Nickledick doing nickledick things.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

rotor posted:

i would gold brick as aggressively as i could. id still join meetings and such but i wouldn’t even pretend to pay attention to things. say yes to all requests but do zero work at all

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

you gotta output a lot of code though so you don't get fired

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Start a project to integrate Tesla's autopilot ai with the twitter homepage algorithm

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1588343368429477888

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol wow
https://twitter.com/1983_arnavut/status/943965146933841921

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

cool he got a free mac

https://twitter.com/ChrisYounie/status/1588378781714370560?s=20&t=wNN24DWZY4qXC5h8_Oex2A

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

what sucks is this will probably get tossed from court and everyone forced to individual arbitration.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
from the Post

WaPo posted:

Some workers had already begun losing their access to internal systems such as email and messaging service Slack, and those at the company Thursday described seeing the fallout in real time.

“Numbers dwindling down in the [Slack] channels last hour, people dropping like flies,” said one, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution.

Even workers who Musk had pulled into small teams to accelerate the development of new products over the past six days were let go, based on their access to internal systems being revoked. Another employee who spoke under the same condition said they knew of four people who had been pulled into such a team who lost their jobs on Thursday. The employee lost theirs too.

On Twitter, employees were tweeting they were shut out of internal systems and assumed they were laid off.
"Hey! stop what you're doing and work on this new thing I just thought of! you have til Thursday to finish! also you're fired."

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1588497281149730818

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i’ll note that i think the outcome i described is monstrous and individual arbitration clauses in contracts of adhesion are hilariously unethical but i’m not a god king on the scotus so everyone get hosed you have no individual rights.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i hope the musk fanboys who were photographed next to him when he brought that dumb sink into the reception are part of those being laid off

imagine being excited this douche buys the company you work for, meeting him hoping to suck his dick, and getting fired a week later

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i wonder how many pregnant employees were cut vs. not cut. is that another lawsuit i see on the horizon?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

go play outside Skyler posted:

i hope the musk fanboys who were photographed next to him when he brought that dumb sink into the reception are part of those being laid off

imagine being excited this douche buys the company you work for and getting fired a week later

by coming to see me meme it means you weren't working, you're fired

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

distortion park posted:

you gotta output a lot of code though so you don't get fired

run the entire codebase through an automated code formatting tool and check in the changes.

next day do the same, with different settings on the formatter

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

refleks posted:

cool he got a free mac

i mean i guess they could pawn it?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Where the gently caress is Musk during all this? Is he just holed up in the executive office surrounded by bricks of cocaine or what?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

run the entire codebase through an automated code formatting tool and check in the changes.

finally! the fractured environment of Python linters helps us

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Blarghalt posted:

Where the gently caress is Musk during all this? Is he just holed up in the executive office surrounded by bricks of cocaine or what?

I can only assume that he's going to wait until everyone's fired before showing his face. Apparently there has been no direct communication to the company as a whole so far from him.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Qwertycoatl posted:

lol seriously if i were being judged on some bullshit metric like that i would definitely also pull some bullshit

like, if it's c, emscripten it to js then back to c or whatever. if it's supposed to be js, then check it in. then convert it to wasm the next day, then back to js, then through the code optimizer. then maybe llvm to c++, then back to js

then run the code formatter. every day. lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Blarghalt posted:

pretty crazy that he’s ceo of four major corporations at a time. how does he do it??

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

pretty crazy that he’s ceo of four major corporations at a time. how does he do it??

by not actually doing anything

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

i’ll note that i think the outcome i described is monstrous and individual arbitration clauses in contracts of adhesion are hilariously unethical but i’m not a god king on the scotus so everyone get hosed you have no individual rights.

that said, i relish in the "i told you so"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

honestly you'd think he'd know CA labor law by now lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

honestly you'd think he'd know CA labor law by now lol
Watch him relocate Twitter to Texas

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g

Agile Vector posted:

i wonder how many pregnant employees were cut vs. not cut. is that another lawsuit i see on the horizon?

"I'LL decide who gets pregnant around here!"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

Honestly considering how impossibly quickly they did it I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut people alphabetically or something

Or just by how much they were getting paid

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it's pretty funny that he idolizes stebe

i mean, he tried for decades to convince everyone he was sterile, but wasn't. elon is trying to do the exact opposite

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Ultraklystron posted:

We're getting to see all of the people who can only square their position in life by assuming the acquisition of vast wealth must have a just and logical basis, lest they face the fact we actually all live in an unjust hellhole, and that perhaps even their own place in life was less effort and intelligence than happenstance and raw chance. Whether this finally shatters that illusion for those folks remains to be seen. Things will probably have to get a lot worse, and even then, most will just call this failure an outlier instead of the norm.

Bit late respond to this, but most of them will decide the failure isn't an outlier but rather deliberate sabotage. Then they become fascists.