Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Medullah posted:

It's annoying that there's no infinite ammo or infinite power unlock for Shadow of Rose, kind of kills replay value for me.

Yeah I ran through and did a 1'11" on casual afterwards for the under 1'30" and no heals challenges and I think I'm done with it now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Shiroc posted:

I played the 1 remake straight through last night as Chris. Given that 0 was in development for a while when it originally came out, I wish they had changed the characterization of Rebecca from plucky inexperienced rookie getting pep talks from Chris. Even without 0, she's been surviving for a whole night while her team has been getting whittled down. It would have been nice to see more of her being stressed, exhausted but also having a bit more awareness of the situation. You wouldn't have to change much around to make her feel more active in the story like Barry. A 'hey Chris I found this key before you arrived" would have helped.

IIRC, RE0 was a nightmare project that went through a bunch of different design iterations. When they were making the REmake, it likely would've been a different team with no great certainty as to whether RE0 would ever come out at all.

About all they could've nailed down for certain is what they did: Rebecca goes from ridiculously upbeat in the '96 version to visibly exhausted in the remake.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

That's neat, do you know if Gun Survivor 2 support a USB mouse too? I might play that instead since I only beat the first one.

No, I don't think so. I don't recommend Survivor 2 anyway, it's actually worse than the original Survivor if you can believe it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Shadows of Rose was neat but the 2nd level dragged on for way too long, just like the Beneviento house in Village.

Rose gets a cool dodge move but you can only use in the final boss which is a bummer. I think it would be a cool thing to have in some future sequel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was all hyped up to buy the Rose DLC and then found out it had more bienvenito bullshit and thanks for giving me the literal opposite of what I wanted, Capcom.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

They really should've started with a creepy non combat section but then BAM its filled with enemies and now you have to shoot your way through.

The only part I enjoyed in the 2nd level was the mannequins that freeze when you look directly at them. It's also pretty creepy to realize they were following the entire time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

WaltherFeng posted:

The only part I enjoyed in the 2nd level was the mannequins that freeze when you look directly at them. It's also pretty creepy to realize they were following the entire time.

Yeah, that part was the one fun bit there. "Oh, I have to keep my eyes on them? Well what if I just walk everywhere backwards :chord:" *second mannequin appears* :doggo:

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

How did you handle the grind in Rev1?

Played until I got annoyed with it and quit. I didn’t get near the end, but it still added a lot of value to the game.

I greatly prefer the Rev2 mode, which I did play through to the end, but I still enjoyed the mode from the Rev1.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m near what I assume is the end of the Rose campaign and while I’ll probably never play it again, it does seem like a nice little capstone to the whole Winters storyline. I’m sure I’ll have more to say once I finish. I did like the emphasis on limited resources and the fight or flight that comes with it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That was a cool final boss.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Will Mike by in RE4make? Leon and Mike's short but intense bromance is probably my favorite thing from the original.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You find Mike dead in the wreckage of his already destroyed helicopter

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'll take that over ever playing that nonsense segment of Mike the Unhelpful ever again.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I'll take that over ever playing that nonsense segment of Mike the Unhelpful ever again.

Mods?!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Hey

gently caress you

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Let's see you successfully sneak up on a crowd of people in a low flying helicopter, smart guy

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDLbwd1J-s&t=19s

Oh yeah! Goddam scumbags.

There is no way RE4R will have as good a voice for Mike, if Mike even still exists.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mike somehow silently pushed over a water tower with a helicopter. Dude is a legend.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Saddler did nothing wrong :colbert:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Leon's blow up a village and maybe save the presidents daughter operation is now using bird themed code names. Mike is going to show up, helicopter intact, to explain his call sign is phoenix as we had into the battle with Saddler who now has a less rubbish final form.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I've just reached the Bienvento house in Shadow of Rose, but I'm liking what we got so far. It's actually pretty intense and scary, which Village generally wasn't. I can't help but compare it to RE7's DLC where I ate bugs and punched mold men though.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean on the one hand Ethan is the only RE protagonist to actually die. On the other he's more explicitly immortal. On the third mutant fungus hand he's stuck in a gestalt hive mind with multiple women that actively hate him for eternity. On the fourth, increasingly eye covered hand he hasn't really had a problem dealing with them.

I guess he did alright-ish in the end.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

There is no way RE4R will have as good a voice for Mike, if Mike even still exists.

Mike should be voiced by Keith David both out of respect to the best Resident Evil character, and out of respect to video games from the mid 2000s.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Redezga posted:

Mike should be voiced by Keith David both out of respect to the best Resident Evil character, and out of respect to video games from the mid 2000s.

The whole game should be voiced by Keith David. Every character, every ganado.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Fil5000 posted:

Hell, every character should be Keith David.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Mulva posted:

I mean on the one hand Ethan is the only RE protagonist to actually die.

Uhh, did you forget about Piers? I don't believe any of the fanwank that he survived for what it's worth. Watch me be proved wrong in 9 :v:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Navaash posted:

Uhh, did you forget about Piers? I don't believe any of the fanwank that he survived for what it's worth. Watch me be proved wrong in 9 :v:

Didn't that double agent woman in Revelations die? I can't remember. I guess the series has a poundland Ada if it needs it.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 3, 2022

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Billy Coen probably died since he walked back into the monster infested forest after RE0.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Judge Tesla posted:

Billy Coen probably died since he walked back into the monster infested forest after RE0.

We really need to know if he comes back will he still have buttrock frontman tribal tattoos or will he be less embarrassing to look at.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Disco Pope posted:

Didn't that double agent woman in Revelations die? I can't remember. I guess the series has a poundland Ada if it needs it.

Nah Jessica got away, along with that weird-haired dude Raymond. It was in the epilogue, not that it matters because neither of them have been so much as referenced since then. And probably never will be!

Judge Tesla posted:

He's "officially" dead anyway so if he comes back it'll be under a new name only for Rebecca to recognise him and OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE REVELATION ALL ALONG.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve was dead last we saw him and with Wesker also dead it doesn't seem likely he'll gets revived.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Steve was dead last we saw him and with Wesker also dead it doesn't seem likely he'll gets revived.

What if Wesker's ghost comes back in Steve's body? :ohdear:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wesker’s soul in Steve’s arm on Billy’s body.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wesker imbued his true power and identity into his sunglasses before he died, now they are just waiting to be picked up and worn by a worthy bearer

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

The Leon and Salazar scenes :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wesker imbued his true power and identity into his sunglasses before he died, now they are just waiting to be picked up and worn by a worthy bearer
Jake did have a pair of shades in his epilogue that he somehow never had on his person during RE6. :tinfoil:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Replaying 4 in preparation for the remake and it's like coming home to an old friend, I love this game.

The original village section with the chainsaw dude still scares me, really adds a sense of fear and terror right from the beginning. Ditto the warehouse before the Chief fight.

The bosses have been much easier than I remember. Del Lago was very easy. Chief Mendez glitched out and couldn't walk past a pillar I was hiding behind, allowing me to pump him full of TMP rounds. I just used the rocket launcher on the first Verdugo. Salazar just ate a load of magnum rounds and died quickly.

The most difficult enemies have been the plaga dogs, and the face hugger style plagas. Thank god the dogs only appear twice.

Leon acting blasé and throwing out a cool one liner every time a boss goes one winged angel.

Leon hanging from a rope over a spike pit of death and taking time out to troll Salazar by shooting the bell.

Have upgraded my bolt action rifle to the point where it does 30 damage and pretty much instant kills all enemies. In comparison, my Broken Butterfly is currently at 24 and ammo is much rarer for that.

There's much less Ada than I remember, I'm about to go fight Krauser and she's appeared only twice so far. Am looking forward to replaying Separate Ways and The Mercenaries.

The army base section is a bit of a let down after the creepy village and wacky castle (cannot wait to see the giant Salazar Statue in the remake). But it's also much more difficult. There's a lot of confined space battles with a half dozen enemies which has really drained my health and ammo.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'm probably gonna poo poo myself depending on how they handle Regenerators in the remake.

By far the creepiest things in the series.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The most difficult enemies have been the plaga dogs, and the face hugger style plagas.

Flashbang grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Have upgraded my bolt action rifle to the point where it does 30 damage and pretty much instant kills all enemies. In comparison, my Broken Butterfly is currently at 24 and ammo is much rarer for that.

It's not about damage, it's about reloadin'. Stranger.