Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

PinheadSlim posted:

There was a minor character in one episode, the organic gardening episode. According to the Koth wiki her name is Maria.

Oh yeah! She snuck a beer when they were using it for the garden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

gently caress quote/= edit

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UogkCxWJWw

This seems like a good day to mention Mike Judge's great show Tales From The Tour Bus. The Jerry Lee Lewis ep is wild.

Actually they're all wild.

These are loving great. Some VH1 Behind the Funk poo poo narrated by Hank Hill/Butthead and some cool next gen KotH animation

Thanks again for posting these

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UogkCxWJWw

This seems like a good day to mention Mike Judge's great show Tales From The Tour Bus. The Jerry Lee Lewis ep is wild.

Actually they're all wild.

owns

I wonder if coked out emaciated Johnny Paycheque was part of Beavis's design inspiration. Take away the beard and add a needle nose and that's pretty much his face.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I wish I'd posted about that sooner, it's like my favorite show. The James Brown 2 parter is good, I love how involved Bootsy seems to be in the 2nd season.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Thank you very much for showing me That show, it was very good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

New rule. You can’t listen to my song anymore.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Thank you very much for showing me That show, it was very good.

They're so great. Very addictive and I wish there were more of them. It's a subtle thing but probably the funniest bit to me is when the animation has the characters laugh and it's just a simple vertical shift in the frame that's made funnier by the fact that they're almost always preceded by a dark story about the main character shooting a guy or setting a building on fire.

It's a little surreal.

The attention to detail is really something too, which I guess owes a lot to the fact that these segments were obviously recorded on video first so little poo poo like scorpion rings and weird stuff sitting on end tables really helps set the mood. The backgrounds, jewelry, t-shirt logos and whatnot are fun to digest.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I am now a Blaze Foley Fan,

thank you Mike Judge.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm not a country music fan by any stretch but the show got me interested in checking out Waylon Jennings and seeing what that's all about.

Also, I'm a huge fan of funk and have no idea how I missed out and slept on Betty Davis for all these years but I need to give her stuff a listen too cause that poo poo sounds like fire.

So my weekend playlist is set I guess.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm not a country music fan by any stretch but the show got me interested in checking out Waylon Jennings and seeing what that's all about.

Also, I'm a huge fan of funk and have no idea how I missed out and slept on Betty Davis for all these years but I need to give her stuff a listen too cause that poo poo sounds like fire.

All of the music on the show is so good. Mike judge has taste.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yes hello, rock on.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh and having watched most of it now, the peak of the series is the end of the first George/Tammy episode. I made t his face :staredog:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

BiggerBoat posted:

Sturgill Simpson's Sound and Fury is a good listen too. Not exactly traditional country but goddamn if they're not earworms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHenpGhCVA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSMoBp8awM

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

CommonShore posted:

Oh and having watched most of it now, the peak of the series is the end of the first George/Tammy episode. I made t his face :staredog:

James Brown's descent from antidrug zealot to angel dust fueled lunatic sure was something.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Another Bill posted:

James Brown's descent from antidrug zealot to angel dust fueled lunatic sure was something.

I can actually speak to this a little bit, if no one minds.

Back in my late teens during some rather serious exploration into hard drugs I dabbled in Angel Dust. Exactly twice. Maybe thrice.

First time it was euphoric, psychedelic and strange but quite fun. Even had a hangover effect that was oddly calming and the dissociative effects of it were fairly contained and Part of The Experience. A little like and acid trip without the come down.

Second time I remember smoking it and going to the beach with my friend where I basically turned into Frankenstein's Monster for about 8 or 9 hours and lumbered around like a shambling corpse, barely able to speak, draw or operate my boom box. A walking lobotomy, as it were. That was the end of that.

The idea of someone as talented, focused and hard working as James Brown using this poo poo on the regular explains a LOT about his bizarre deterioration and insane hallucinatory conspiracy beliefs. poo poo like thinking the television was monitoring your thoughts and such seems about par for what that poo poo does because it is very much an out of body experience.

At the height of my ego loss while using it, I was (in my mind) quite literally sitting on the wall of my teenage bedroom, lotus style, and it was as real as me posting right now. I was at a 90 degree angle perpendicular to the ground, straight up. Only other thing I've tried (once) that was even close was salvia and not once on any of those occasions was I ever required to lead a band in front of 20,000 people nor manage a funk empire.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Okay but did you do the hot new dance move known as "The Moon" ?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Incredible blink and miss gag.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The Nancy/Dale thing is interesting because he's being cheated on the entire show and he never finds out. Nancy isn't treated as a villain and she never "gets her comeuppance". It's a very unique situation for a show, animated or otherwise.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The Nancy/Dale thing is interesting because he's being cheated on the entire show and he never finds out. Nancy isn't treated as a villain and she never "gets her comeuppance". It's a very unique situation for a show, animated or otherwise.

Imo it really helps ground the series in reality

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

No she stops early ish in the show after Peggy guilt trips her into rediscovering dales dreamy brown eyes and his sweet trusting sensitive trusting nature

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

she comes her own uppance

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Dang I thought the episode where she breaks it off was late in the show but it was season 4. Time for a rewatch of the entire series

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dale knows the entire time. Pay attention on your rewatch, he makes weird comments to embarrass them constantly.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Another Bill posted:

Dale knows the entire time. Pay attention on your rewatch, he makes weird comments to embarrass them constantly.
Such as "John Redcorn's gay and I've been friends with him for years?"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Another Bill posted:

I think those comments are to showcase just how clueless he really is

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dale knows about as much of Nancy's affair as Peggy knows about Spanish.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYK8BUF19iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcyVbuvafBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbjxckCq26w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6goV0l4HuY

I mean.... Dale's just loving with them.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Original character; do not steal

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Dang I thought the episode where she breaks it off was late in the show but it was season 4. Time for a rewatch of the entire series

There's an episode very late in the series where she's swooning over John Redcorn but chooses Dale at the end, you may be thinking of that :eng101:

Her comeuppance is she goes bald

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I always figured Dale knew but was in deep, deep denial.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

he's starting to take the fun out of it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

now get in there and start healing my wife!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

“Dale knows” theories are awful. Dale makes his opinions and beliefs known, no matter how wild and outlandish they can be. He lacks all tact. He makes his distaste for Peggy known (though in a manner of fact way and not hateful like Cotton). There’s even a whole episode where Hank makes Dale suppress this trait when Bill joins an a capella group.

He also completely disowned his own father when he saw him make a move on his wife. No way he would have been ok with letting a complete stranger sleep with his wife. He also didn’t hesitate to have an enemy assassinated after seeing him for the first time in decades (Chip Block).

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Having some waffles, are yah?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Detective No. 27 posted:

“Dale knows” theories are awful. Dale makes his opinions and beliefs known, no matter how wild and outlandish they can be. He lacks all tact. He makes his distaste for Peggy known (though in a manner of fact way and not hateful like Cotton). There’s even a whole episode where Hank makes Dale suppress this trait when Bill joins an a capella group.

He also completely disowned his own father when he saw him make a move on his wife. No way he would have been ok with letting a complete stranger sleep with his wife. He also didn’t hesitate to have an enemy assassinated after seeing him for the first time in decades (Chip Block).

you're starting to take the fun out of this

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Dales know exactly enough for his subconscious to reject it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Detective No. "Scorin" 27

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

There’s even a whole episode where Hank makes Dale suppress this trait when Bill joins an a capella group.

Lol that episode is so great, I think it's a later one though so ymmv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The ending where Dale just lets out everything to the capella group and collapses at the end is chefs kiss