Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
If they permanently closed the c-spam ukraine thread then that's a step in the right direction. if it's allowed back with an acceptance of the same "opinions" then that is gross, and i refer back to my earlier post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

True, but I dunno if it's really hypocrisy. We are still willing to buy Russian gas and finance the Russian army and their war crimes. If they hadn't cut us off we would be sucking on Nordstream like a very hungry piglet right now.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I also really deeply care about forums drama because it is very important to my core as a human being and definitely will take take time out of my life to read something all up on it, thank you forums Poster nawilo

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
If there is no country that we can import enough gas from to cover our needs without supporting an inhumane autocracy, I wonder if there is an alternative to using gas?

Seems like investing into that alternative would be really good. I'm sure the government subsidizing an industry around that alternative would be a much better idea than subsidizing gas use. Though I guess for that to work we would have had to have such an industry a decade or more ago already. Shame nobody ever thought about that.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Vulin posted:

If there is no country that we can import enough gas from to cover our needs without supporting an inhumane autocracy, I wonder if there is an alternative to using gas?

Seems like investing into that alternative would be really good. I'm sure the government subsidizing an industry around that alternative would be a much better idea than subsidizing gas use. Though I guess for that to work we would have had to have such an industry a decade or more ago already. Shame nobody ever thought about that.

Tja. Kann man nichts machen.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
We could always use heiße Luft for heating. No short supply of that in Bundestag.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Vulin posted:

I think the Venusians may have some gas for us.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Vulin posted:

Just to clarify, because I feel like some people genuinely don't understand this, but the main motivation for reducing gas imports from Russia is to reduce the threat of energy blackmail by a hostile nation. A threat that has had a very worrisome effect on our foreign policy in the last decade. Not financing the destruction and plundering of Ukraine is more of an added bonus for our politicians.

quote:

Yeah, Union did renewables real dirty. It was a political assassination.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Vulin posted:

There’s some sci fi sounding stuff about these really heavy rocks where if you stick them together, they produce an absolutely insane amount of heat for long periods of time, but these rocks also have a small chance of poisoning the nearby land for decades if you live in an earthquake and tsunami zone. Since Germany is wracked by natural disasters like typhoons, earthquakes, and volcanos, Merkel wisely decided it was not a very viable alternative.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

nawilo_420 posted:

If they permanently closed the c-spam ukraine thread then that's a step in the right direction. if it's allowed back with an acceptance of the same "opinions" then that is gross, and i refer back to my earlier post

Riveting.
Could you keep your subforums-drama-posts contained within said subforums, though, idk?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Saladman posted:

There’s some sci fi sounding stuff about these really heavy rocks where if you stick them together, they produce an absolutely insane amount of heat for long periods of time, but these rocks also have a small chance of poisoning the nearby land for decades if you live in an earthquake and tsunami zone. Since Germany is wracked by natural disasters like typhoons, earthquakes, and volcanos, Merkel wisely decided it was not a very viable alternative.

Hm, sounds bad. Have we tried using a lot of the other magic rocks instead that are guaranteed to kill a lot of people and cause typhoons?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

In other news, this doesn't seem very good:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Riveting.
Could you keep your subforums-drama-posts contained within said subforums, though, idk?

I have no idea what you are talking about op, but just to manage your expectations I would like to say that I'm not going to gently caress you or heck even kiss you, so you can stop trying to get my attention by replying to my every post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Looks to me like the best thing to avoid any rising costs is to not have a Zähler.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Went to 68 cent/kWh yesterday over here. Also all contracts have been cancelled by the local Stadtwerke, resetting them to Neukundenverträge with a Laufzeit of 1 (one) day that automatically extends another day at midnight, beidseitige Kündigungsfrist of one day (never red such terms in my life). No poo poo. I had a contract with them for over twenty years...they cancelled all contracts and can now basically do whatever they want from one day to the next.

The last raise was in August. The next is projected for january, some say it might go over 1 EUR.

What they of course didn't cancel is the contract for the Einspeisevergütung für PV, which remains the same as...IIRC when we extended the contract for another five years, couple years ago.

Strangely, there is absolutely no Aufschrei der Empörung/Zeitungsberichterstattung in this Kaff here. Either people don't read the letters from their Grundversorger, or they just no longer care, idk.

tuo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 3, 2022

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Saladman posted:

Sadly, those heavy rocks can only be extracted and refined using methods that destroy the environment even worse than what those huge coal Bagger-things can do, so that's not a solution, either.

Ironically, back in the day we got most of those magic rocks from Russia. Maybe we can as Putin if he gives us some, for old time's sake?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

"Ja, guten Tag. Ja, ich möchte mich beschweren. Mein Grundversorger hat ein Check24 mit mir gemacht...nur anders rum!"

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Libluini posted:

Sadly, those heavy rocks can only be extracted and refined using methods that destroy the environment even worse than what those huge coal Bagger-things can do, so that's not a solution, either.

Ironically, back in the day we got most of those magic rocks from Russia. Maybe we can as Putin if he gives us some, for old time's sake?

Jeez, Germany really went all-out on giving their entire energy supply to the Russians, didn't they? I figured it mostly came from Agadez and Arandis, both of which would anyway be uninhabitable for tens of thousands of years should modern civilization collapse, what with them being in the most barren and remote environments in the world, so I wasn't worried too much about destroying the local environment of like two jerboas, a camel, and a welwitschia. For me the bigger ethical problem is really the safety of the miners, rather than the potential of irradiating a few dozen square kilometers of incredibly remote parts of the central Sahara, Namib, Karakum, Kazakh steppe, or Canadian taiga.

Actually kind of interesting how incredibly remote all major uranium mines seem to be. I wonder if that's just good luck rather than mining companies actually caring about not mining incredibly toxic heavy metals nearby population centers and water supplies. Probably good luck, based on how mining generally tends to go.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
We could much further along with Wind, Solar and other green energy if not for the Union. That's the problem. Small minded politicians keeping us all back and now blaming the war for a situation they got us into. Funny how rear end in a top hat politicians always are lucky and get a crisis they can blame their years of mismanagement on.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

tuo posted:

Went to 68 cent/kWh yesterday over here. Also all contracts have been cancelled by the local Stadtwerke, resetting them to Neukundenverträge with a Laufzeit of 1 (one) day that automatically extends another day at midnight, beidseitige Kündigungsfrist of one day (never red such terms in my life). No poo poo. I had a contract with them for over twenty years...they cancelled all contracts and can now basically do whatever they want from one day to the next.

The last raise was in August. The next is projected for january, some say it might go over 1 EUR.

What they of course didn't cancel is the contract for the Einspeisevergütung für PV, which remains the same as...IIRC when we extended the contract for another five years, couple years ago.

Strangely, there is absolutely no Aufschrei der Empörung/Zeitungsberichterstattung in this Kaff here. Either people don't read the letters from their Grundversorger, or they just no longer care, idk.

Rechtsanwalte hoch!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vulin posted:

Sonnengötter sind alles Arschlöcher.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Grendels Dad posted:

Sonnengötter sind alles Arschlöcher.

I mean duh, of course. Where do you think the saying "Mir scheint die Sonne aus dem Arsch" is coming from??

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

tuo posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/Dong_Quixote1/status/1588336845158481921

Was zum Fick

e: background added by a poster in the deutschcord: https://www.br.de/br-fernsehen/sendungen/welt-der-tiere/kaenguru-mecklenburg-vorpommern-100.html

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 4, 2022

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Where do we have „wintry woods“ atm?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

That's just Knecht Rooprecht, a bit early this year

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ephex posted:

Rechtsanwalte hoch!

Nah. This loving Kaff is way too stupid and unbedeutend to actually spawn evil Stadtwerke, so I take it with a good portion of Naivität thinking they have no other way of dealing with it, as they actually are pretty kundenfreundlich normally. Just shows what a loving ride we are on.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

Where do we have „wintry woods“ atm?

Good question, also that looks like a Photoshop, Kangoroo has no feet?

Edit: Found it, it must have been taken in the famous thick forest on top of Zugspitze, which apparently has 10cm of snow right now.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Austria and Australia now officially indistinguishable.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hello German goons. I need help.

I recently moved to this country and I'm applying for an artist freelance visa to work my stained glass and do commissions.

I have work at the moment and pleanty of savings. HOWEVER, the wonderful German beuacracy requires I gather letters of intent from locals showing they'd be interested in commisioning me for my stuff.

Obviously that is difficult because everything I make is terrible and my networking has been subpar lately.

Would any of you guys be willing to help me out with a letter? For more info on what the hell that is - https://allaboutberlin.com/docs/german-freelance-visa-letter-of-intent

I would of course write the letter for you and all you have to do is be the name on the paper. These letter airnt legally binding in any way, so I can't force you to buy my terrible art.

Are you on the Deutschgoon discord? I'd sign the letter if we can coordinate there.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Saladman posted:

Jeez, Germany really went all-out on giving their entire energy supply to the Russians, didn't they? I figured it mostly came from Agadez and Arandis, both of which would anyway be uninhabitable for tens of thousands of years should modern civilization collapse, what with them being in the most barren and remote environments in the world, so I wasn't worried too much about destroying the local environment of like two jerboas, a camel, and a welwitschia. For me the bigger ethical problem is really the safety of the miners, rather than the potential of irradiating a few dozen square kilometers of incredibly remote parts of the central Sahara, Namib, Karakum, Kazakh steppe, or Canadian taiga.

Actually kind of interesting how incredibly remote all major uranium mines seem to be. I wonder if that's just good luck rather than mining companies actually caring about not mining incredibly toxic heavy metals nearby population centers and water supplies. Probably good luck, based on how mining generally tends to go.

Look up SDAG Wismut when you have some time, there was a lot of uranium being mined in East Germany during the cold war.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

tuo posted:

Nah. This loving Kaff is way too stupid and unbedeutend to actually spawn evil Stadtwerke, so I take it with a good portion of Naivität thinking they have no other way of dealing with it, as they actually are pretty kundenfreundlich normally. Just shows what a loving ride we are on.

(Strom) Aus! Brav, sitz!

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Saladman posted:

mining incredibly toxic heavy metals nearby population centers and water supplies.

We call this phenomenon 'Äksgebirge'.
It even solidified into a football club, but thankfully these days it's on the way down so crisis averted I guess :colbert:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Torrannor posted:

Are you on the Deutschgoon discord? I'd sign the letter if we can coordinate there.

:hmmyes:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Milde interessant: DDR-Militäreinsätze im Ausland

https://d-d-r.de/ddr-politisches-system-nva-praesenz.html

Love this bit bc of course lol DDR:

quote:

Aufgrund der Fluchtgefahr waren oft auch zivile Einsätze für Bauprojekte und Infrastruktur auf als verlässlich angesehene Paramilitärs anderer bewaffneter Organe, so des Wachregiments Feliks Dzierzynski angewiesen, die dabei nicht in Uniform auftraten.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

heck same

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trying and failing to find discussion of scholz/xi without hyperbole in english, please please link if possible

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

i say swears online posted:

trying and failing to find discussion of scholz/xi without hyperbole in english, please please link if possible

Not possible

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://twitter.com/mohebshaf/status/1588471590677024768?s=46&t=ewpIqITs2RYbp77mttHxvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Punch through it imo. Let the landlord pull YOU in front of the Schiedsgericht. I'd be too lazy to do that myself.