Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/UkraineNowMedia/status/1568631810581725190?t=CWnu69-Kd5vIwInUM-ZVAg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Was it against the rules to support the invasion of Afghanistan? No. Thus it was a good conflict.

freedom isn't free

speng31b
May 8, 2010

big brains

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
https://twitter.com/JamesGRickards/status/1588124915147816960?s=20&t=qHVfNH19q2i5GDOnPvI2VQ

seems problematic idk

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
So British Subs ferries Ukrainian divers with US support/approval? Is that the division of responsiblity?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

#МОНТЯН! posted:

​Hurry up and sell! 😂

The State Property Fund continues a massive sale of Ukraine: this time, it is auctioning off energy infrastructure facilities. Yes, yes, the very same energy infrastructure facilities that are regularly shelled by the Russian army. And private citizens are offered to buy them. Knowing that they may be bombed today or tomorrow. 😎

Why might they bomb it, though? Among other things, for example, the Severodonetsk thermal power plant, which was seriously damaged during the summer battles for the city, is up for sale. In fact, Severodonetsk and Lysychansk are not even under the control of the Saloreich, but this does not prevent them from selling the property there. Just as it does not prevent Zelebobus from putting up for bid the Kherson thermal power plant while Kherson is still under the control of the Russian army. 🥴

However, in this case it is not a minus, but a plus: when people ask why the infrastructure is being sold for next to nothing, Zelebobus will make round eyes and say: there's a war in the country, and if we don't sell now, then tomorrow there will be nothing left to sell!

★ Канал #МОНТЯН!
­
(from t.me/montyan2/3284, via tgsa)

I am too lazy to actually check if they're listed here https://privatization.gov.ua/

The site sucks poo poo to navigate on mobile, someone else can do the needful if they care that much.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
perfidious Albion!

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Too lazy to look it up form the old thread, but - Nailed it!

As for what the Russians will do about it, my guess is nothing.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

“Truth has no role in politics.”
“I agree.”

and then they break for lunch

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

lol, scrolling down the guys twitter is a bit of a trip so i dont think i put much stock in this gentleman as a source

otoh whatever russia provides evidence will be deemed propoganda no matter whether it is true or not. russia has plenty of interest in stopping the gas flow, but actually blowing up the infrastructure could not have benefited them in any way

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'm still rooting for it being a Polish job just to shake things up a bit.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/fash_tankie/status/1587830700694278145?s=20&t=LKR-GO84FamZrLAz3mpkeg

:chanpop:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

1) it's Henry Cavill also known forever as Geralt of Rivia

2) Warhammer is a land of contrasts, you either have walking gods of human perfection like myself and Henry, and then you have the walking pulsating Pupae and Squigs that's the majority.

3) fun fact, Peter Cushing the guy who played the admiral Tarkin in star wars a new hope was a huge miniature nerd as well, but obviously far before anything resembling what he have today:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGag8Qllgnw

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

speng31b posted:

I've noticed that a few of the more psychotic pro Ukrainian accounts that love to tweet about how many collaborators they murdered before breakfast have started on pretty heavy with the line that any civilian who evacuated Kherson is a collaborator to be killed, so, that sucks

quote:

One of the volunteers, fearing for his life, confessed they’d been manning a checkpoint, Skyba said. The young man, nicknamed “The Saint,” survived the carnage at Yablunska street. But Ukrainians later hunted him down and investigated him for treason, according to documents and photographs seen by the AP and “Frontline.”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Whenever you find someone that's pointing the finger at NATO, check their opinion on COVID

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lostconfused posted:

(from t.me/montyan2/3284, via tgsa)

I am too lazy to actually check if they're listed here https://privatization.gov.ua/

The site sucks poo poo to navigate on mobile, someone else can do the needful if they care that much.

whatever state emerges from Ukraine is probably going to be on the hook for this like how the US forced Vietnam to pay for the bombs they dropped on them.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

Whenever you find someone that's pointing the finger at NATO, check their opinion on COVID

:hmmyes:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Was it against the rules to support the invasion of Afghanistan? No. Thus it was a good conflict.

Why can't we go back to that 9/12 feeling?:smith:

They're right - if you completely change the meaning of the sentence, it makes the person say something different!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm ready for the crazy poo poo that's gonna be said by the USA to prove russia did it :wiggle:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I dont get why people think Kanye West is no longer a trendsetter, now everyone is getting into the 'my side are jewish now and not supporting my every whim is anti-semetic' action.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Marzzle posted:

I'm ready for the crazy poo poo that's gonna be said by the USA to prove russia did it :wiggle:

they'll just say this, but the opposite

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If you replace the word "children" with "lollipops", @briebriejoy's answer would be considered cutesy, irreverent narrative.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Words have meaning, Words have power, if you change a single word in a sentence it can change everything about what you're saying and how it reflects on you.

For example, here are two phrases with a single subtle word change that effects what you're saying and how you look saying it:-

Al-Saqr is cool = you are correct, you are a man of high intellect and moral fiber.

Paul_Soccer is cool = you are wrong, a dullard and nincompoop.

be careful!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

Words have meaning, Words have power, if you change a single word in a sentence it can change everything about what you're saying and how it reflects on you.

For example, here are two phrases with a single subtle word change that effects what you're saying and how you look saying it:-

Al-Saqr is cool = you are correct, you are a man of high intellect and moral fiber.

Paul_Soccer is cool = you are wrong, a dullard and nincompoop.

be careful!

lol you don't even have your own subreddit nice try

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
imagine if we replaced all the bad takes with good takes :thunk:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Did they really refer to someone getting killed as having been "investigated?"

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Freezer posted:

Too lazy to look it up form the old thread, but - Nailed it!

As for what the Russians will do about it, my guess is nothing.

i hear the architecture of salisbury cathedral is particularly impressive at this time of year.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

imagine if we replaced all the bad takes with good takes :thunk:

That's actually my long-term plan as a mod. I'm going to go back to the beginning of CSPAM and replace every post with one of my own. They may contain words of wisdom, they may contain a joke, they may just contain a stray observation that pops into my head at that moment. In that way, I will replace all the bad takes with good takes.

This is, of course, not to suggest that every post I replace will have been a bad take. There will be several good ones that will need to be sacrificed for the sake of efficiency. But on the whole, CSPAM will at long last be a bad take-free zone.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
I welcome a new thread but sincerely hope this lovely war is over soon and we have to find something else to shitpost about inshallah.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it would be cool for the lovely war to end but i genuinely don't see an offramp for either side that doesn't just immediately kick off another conflict, on whatever scale

I guess since ukraine now envisions itself as the Other Israel we'll just have that same sort of constant ethnic violence to look forward to for decades to come

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chewbaccanator posted:

I welcome a new thread but sincerely hope this lovely war is over soon and we have to find something else to shitpost about inshallah.

Don't worry, even if this war somehow ended tomorrow, we'd still have Cold War II to post about, probably for the rest of our lives.:waycool:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it would be cool for the lovely war to end but i genuinely don't see an offramp for either side that doesn't just immediately kick off another conflict, on whatever scale

I guess since ukraine now envisions itself as the Other Israel we'll just have that same sort of constant ethnic violence to look forward to for decades to come

excuse me its BIG ISRAEL not "other israel"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

act of war agaist germany? hopefully putin and angela merkel dont sign Molotov–Ribbentrop 2 :ohdear:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

God in Heaven, that URL. Ukrainians never stood a chance.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
You can go into the individual properties being sold and look at the pictures and where they are. You can even bid on stuff directly. It's all available in English: https://privatization.gov.ua/en/

It's kind of insane, a Clinton fever dream from the 90s.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
It's like those bbq restaurants that have a smiling cartoon pig on the sign, serving you its own ribs.

They've butterflied and lightly seared their own carcass, and are serving it to the nightmare agents of Mammon that run this abattoir world.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chewbaccanator posted:

You can go into the individual properties being sold and look at the pictures and where they are. You can even bid on stuff directly. It's all available in English: https://privatization.gov.ua/en/

It's kind of insane, a Clinton fever dream from the 90s.

lol they have stuff up for sale in Dontsk. wow i'm sure those people will want to come home to mother ukraine even more now that the government is planning to pawn their coal mines and rail car production facilities

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/theGentleHater/status/1588567752050376704?s=20&t=LKR-GO84FamZrLAz3mpkeg

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

is this the same team that figured out that Ukraine actually shot down MH17 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Rutibex posted:

lol they have stuff up for sale in Dontsk. wow i'm sure those people will want to come home to mother ukraine even more now that the government is planning to pawn their coal mines and rail car production facilities

Want a piece of Azovstal? It's on sale!

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/product/eng-yedynyj-majnovyj-kompleks-derzhavnogo-pidpryyemstva-azovskyj-sudnoremontnyj-zavod/