Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Venom Snake and Die Hardman are extremely awesome names

It's german for "the hardman"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Buddykins posted:

they called the vampire character Vamp lmao

they actually address this in game that vamp is called vamp because he's bisexual

why do i remember this poo poo

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Hatebag posted:

no it means the bart the

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

This person loves to jump from poo poo company to poo poo company

She was the vp of pr at substack, she tweeted a reminder to people against free speech not to apply there lmao. Now she works for a company that will pollute our sky with advertising drones.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

they called the guy who transports things and builds literal and metaphorical bridges sam porter bridges, working for the company bridges, and the president is a lady named bridgett

they called the lady who transports fragile things for a company called fragile fragile

its like a q conspiracy for three year olds

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

crime fighting hog posted:

they actually address this in game that vamp is called vamp because he's bisexual

why do i remember this poo poo

lol i remember so many details about those games it's unbelievable. I hope they dont make a loving movie and ruin it but that happens to everything now and nostalgia is meant to be banked on

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Buddykins posted:

lol i remember so many details about those games it's unbelievable. I hope they dont make a loving movie and ruin it but that happens to everything now and nostalgia is meant to be banked on

supposedly oscar isaac is in talks to play snake but the director is some noname guy so itll prob suck

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

supposedly oscar isaac is in talks to play snake but the director is some noname guy so itll prob suck

its the guy who made Kong: Skull Island and hes apparently a huge MGS fan

could be in much worse hands imo

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

its the guy who made Kong: Skull Island and hes apparently a huge MGS fan

could be in much worse hands imo

oh yeah i was thinking of something else. we will see

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sexier

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Is there a pic of Miami Trump? Like, trump in a speedo? Or a speedboat?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

david hayter could literally play solid snake and big boss

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
someone should make a buddy comedy about storming the capital on Jan 6.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
drat I should pick up my playthrough of MGSV again such a fun game I never finish

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

"Metal Gear?! You mean Shagohod's have legs now?"

Shagohod's have legs now.

"They've got legs now."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/coopercooperco/status/1588567888012922881

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Buddykins posted:

I remember when after MGS2 they wanted to do a movie and they asked Kojima about having Tom Cruise be Snake and he reportedly just laughed and laughed

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Do to a sensory condition, human meat is the only thing i can eat so you're actually being pretty ableist right now. Not a good look!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"Metal Gear?! You mean Shagohod's have legs now?"

Shagohod's have legs now.

"They've got legs now."

hes a good actor and was wasted in star wars!!!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

it'll be like how they butchered Max Payne, which basically stands on its own as a loving good piece of art and all they had to do was just directly translate it into a film

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

drat I should pick up my playthrough of MGSV again such a fun game I never finish

dont worry, Kojima never finished it either

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

crime fighting hog posted:

I remember when after MGS2 they wanted to do a movie and they asked Kojima about having Tom Cruise be Snake and he reportedly just laughed and laughed

MGS2 is more a movie than a game anyway haha

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

hes a good actor and was wasted in star wars!!!

I agree, he's probably one of my favorite working actors. He is a damned treasure in anything that isn't Disney trash and I'm glad he got the profile boost from those films.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

triple sulk posted:

has a city ever lost two championships on the same day

well if not, you're about to see it

Booting up Copewars on my TI-83 and heading over to Citizen's Bank Park to sell some Crystal Cope

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I still think the mgs franchise is unadaptable and if an adaptation gets above 80% on RT the director ought to get a nobel prize

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hatebag posted:

Do to a sensory condition, human meat is the only thing i can eat so you're actually being pretty ableist right now. Not a good look!

i'm sorry, i did not know you had the looney tunes disease that makes everyone's head appear like a giant ham when you are hungry. i will Do Better.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Hatebag posted:

Feminine article for a guy, typical Kojima

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

drat, we need squizzle back but super into gundam

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I hope musk adds a toggle that’s called like ‘gently caress my poo poo up extra’ where it just feeds you a constant stream of the most brain liquifying content possible. I want endless content that makes my grey matter leak out of my nose and ears until I can’t feel anything anymore

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

I still think the mgs franchise is unadaptable and if an adaptation gets above 80% on RT the director ought to get a nobel prize

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Louisgod posted:

I HATE BEING CONSCIOUS AND HAVING AWARENESS OF MY ENVIRONMENT

lou gets it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

WarMECH posted:

nobody wants to work anymore because they got a few hundred bucks 2 years ago and still riding on that gov handout

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

so it's come to this

https://twitter.com/golikehellmachi/status/1588570528390184961

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

i'm sorry, i did not know you had the looney tunes disease that makes everyone's head appear like a giant ham when you are hungry. i will Do Better.

Namaste

gregday
May 23, 2003

lmao

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

MGS2 is more a movie than a game anyway haha

4 is easily the worst for this the first two hours are like "walk 50 ft, watch a 20 min cutscene" over and over

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Good Citizen posted:

I hope musk adds a toggle that’s called like ‘gently caress my poo poo up extra’ where it just feeds you a constant stream of the most brain liquifying content possible. I want endless content that makes my grey matter leak out of my nose and ears until I can’t feel anything anymore

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
ah bloo bloo I’m a genius businessman but the advertisers left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Schmoe Cwead posted:

4 is easily the worst for this the first two hours are like "walk 50 ft, watch a 20 min cutscene" over and over

yeah, MGS 2 is actually the better one. I loved 4 but drat it really is a fuckload of exposition constantly