Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I've never been to a Long John Silver's but I always thought, "Yeah, I guess there should be a seafood-focused fast food chain, since there's chains for burgers, tacos, chicken, etc."

I guess I'm learning... I was wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, I can’t think of many others. There’s Captain D’s, which I’ve never heard of until today, and there are fewer locations than there are LJSes; then there is Arthur Treacher’s, of which there is but one, and it’s about five minutes from where I live. All three started the same year.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
There are chain seafood takeout / fast food places along the gulf coast that are good.

Popeyes has a fish and shrimp side of the menu, but it’s the wrong choice compared to their chicken.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I believe Captain D's has contracted a lot in recent years, I recall it having a much larger footprint when I was younger. I don't think I've eaten at one in at least two decades.

mlmp08 posted:

Popeyes has a fish and shrimp side of the menu, but it’s the wrong choice compared to their chicken.

Popeyes' pared their menu down a while back and their lone year-round seafood offering now is popcorn shrimp. Their shrimp po' boy may have been my grandmother's favorite fast food item; I think she was genuinely more upset about it being removed from their menu than she was about having cancer.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
well we all gotta go sometime, might as well have as many favorite tasty treats as you can before then.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Popeye's shrimp po'boy was insanely good, it's true. Del Taco's fish tacos are also very solid.

I've never had a McDonald's filet-o-fish before. Is it any good?

Needless Ramblings
Oct 15, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love a filet o fish because I'm a nasty lil pervert

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Binowru posted:

Popeye's shrimp po'boy was insanely good, it's true. Del Taco's fish tacos are also very solid.

I've never had a McDonald's filet-o-fish before. Is it any good?

It’s pretty good and simple. A lot of places will sell you a double filet-o-fish even if it’s not on menu, which makes the fish to bread ratio better.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Needless Ramblings posted:

I love a filet o fish because I'm a nasty lil pervert

the secret is that sopping wet bun

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
this elon bit on the double is making me go insane lmao

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Their Spotify eps are so good, I like a little bit of disorganization like Mitch wandering his house trying to find snacks.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Their Spotify eps are so good, I like a little bit of disorganization like Mitch wandering his house trying to find snacks.

what's this about Spotify eps?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Analytic Engine posted:

what's this about Spotify eps?

Each Thursday they have a live ep about a snack & listeners in the chat call in, or as Wiger puts it, they “Unleash the freaks.”

It’s great and unpredictable & after they air they get archived on Spotify so can listen whenever. They’ve had five so far.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

psychoJ posted:

this elon bit on the double is making me go insane lmao

Just got a update from the funny or die news feed;

Elon Musk just Launched the Insane Clown Posse into space, and changed their name to the Insane Cosmonaut Posse.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

you know it's a good ep when it starts with a 15 minute argument

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mitch has stairs in his house.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
He keeps them right in front of his front door to impress all the delivery men.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Unintentionally* layered joke for all the Doughboys goon listeners today

*Or WAS it?!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Also, unless this was an in joke that went over my head, if Mitch is actually losing sleep because he’s fatigued from loving, I hope this person is a comedian and also revels in embarrassing and infuriating Mitch on the pod.

That would be delightful.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Gargamel Gibson posted:

And he was angry that Wiger brought it up. Confirmed, Mitch is a goon.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

And he was angry that Wiger brought it up. Confirmed, Mitch is a goon.

Yeah, after wiger said that and Mitch reacted the way he did I was 100% certain they were making an obscure reference to Mitch being a goon, and it was only after they talked about the literal stairs in his house for another minute that I was convinced otherwise.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Is that something that people give him a hard time about on the doughscord or something? Mitch flew off the handle immediately.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Racing Stripe posted:

Is that something that people give him a hard time about on the doughscord or something? Mitch flew off the handle immediately.

probably reddit more than the discord. affording a place with two stories in LA during this real estate bubble implies he has quite a lot of money. which, fuckin, of course he does he's a working actor with a hugely popular podcast. I think people are mad cause it doesn't fit in with their idea of him as a procrastinating, whiny momma's boy that they can relate to (ie a lazy loser)

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Okay, that makes sense. Stairs didn’t strike me as some kind of luxury, but it does mean that you don’t live in a one-bedroom apartment. Realizing that Mitch has some money and bought a decent house could shatter some illusions I suppose. It seemed like up until a few years ago you could probably have walked along Palmerston, seen him playing video games, and knocked on his torn screen door and asked to join him and he’d say yes. That dream is dead now. :angel:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
When I was much younger and was doing summer work at local stables, I knew a very rich, very proto-MAGA older couple that were basically affluent hoarders. I poo poo you not, they couldn’t use the living room in their very nice single story ranch style suburban home because that’s were they stored the 4 wrought iron spiral staircases that were “too good a deal to pass up”. They we’re pre assembled and still in horizontally in the wooden packing frames.

To think I knew people that almost had Mike Mitchell money.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Zach Cherry is a great podcast guest

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Consummate Professional posted:

Zach Cherry is a great podcast guest

His stairs joke got me good.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
He’s ok. Kind of a sweatier John Hodgman imo but that’s better than a lot of guests.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, he was great. The stairs joke was a really good one, and he had a bunch of little throwaways like that that just got me good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"I don't know you guys well enough so I'm going to text jokes in the chat for you to say to each other" is an A+ bit

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love when I am a fan of the guest and the guest is a fan of the podcast. Also I hope (Severance spoilers) we find out Dylan's outie is exactly like Zach Cherry IRL.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Mrs. Met holds up half the ballpark

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah Zach was one of my favorite guests in a long time. I always appreciate when the guest also has some familiarity with the podcast and in-jokes. Definitely not a requirement of course but it's clear that he's a fan of the show just like us, which gives him the opportunity to make a lot of jokes that resonated with me.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Wiger's comment about going to a restaurant hungover being 'Doughboys juicing' had me cracking up

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Lol at Mitch on the Sloppy Boys this week. Great ep.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'll often make the Sloppy Boys drink of the week to enjoy as I listen, as long as I doesn't involve buying something like a $45 bottle of liqueur.

This week I'm skipping the drink because I don't think The Lineup is physically possible, for me at least.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I'll often make the Sloppy Boys drink of the week to enjoy as I listen, as long as I doesn't involve buying something like a $45 bottle of liqueur.

This week I'm skipping the drink because I don't think The Lineup is physically possible, for me at least.

I could do it I’m pretty sure but not with the same speed and grace as Mitch, so why bother.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Drunkboxer posted:

Lol at Mitch on the Sloppy Boys this week. Great ep.

lol this is great

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

JethroMcB posted:

We had something similar to the lineup in college, well called them strikeouts. Its a ~1oz shot of whatever liquor you want(usually rum or tequila), a decently sized bong rip, then you hold in the bong rip while you chug an entire beer, then exhale.

Every time Mitch mentions the lineup I think fondly of doing strikeouts during college, if I tried to do one of those today I would probably need to take a nap after one.

Personal record was 4 in 30 minutes, don't worry though, I'm a better person now.

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

It's pretty much just two beers and two shots, grandma.