Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gnome de plume posted:

That's a misquote, it's not a sword he's bringing, it's the S-word, he's delivering some particularly vile cussing from on high.

Well i feel foolish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Gnome de plume posted:

That's a misquote, it's not a sword he's bringing, it's the S-word, he's delivering some particularly vile cussing from on high.

S-word's going down

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gnome de plume posted:

A Cutting remark.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The best part of Kill Six Billion Demons was when he said "IT'S KILLIN' TIME" and killed six billion demons

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1588554168356470785?s=20&t=hgNecGQRqfHSlGJ2rZZtsQ

...is that a mask shard?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Based on the quote under the comic I'm going to go with Yes.

Zaid: ollies outty

Holla Inshallah
Sep 9, 2022

by Azathoth
Allison you of all people should understand taking several years to train to save someone. Don't be a hypocrite

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That seems like something one of the doctors should've noticed

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Don't do it Allison!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Thundarr posted:

Zaid: ollies outty

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

What would Meti say about the swordboard?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Demiurge4 posted:

Don't do it Allison!

She didn't deserve what happened to her this time though

Also lol at Zaid riding a sword like that Daicon IV video, just the most anime poisoned guy

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 4, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

Whatever is the equivalent for Weeabo for chinese XiaXia/Wuxia fiction applies pretty heavily.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FuturePastNow posted:

Poisoned by swordboarding.

Thinking about a young Oscar and his crew recording Swordboarding trick videos trying to become famous.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm a sword, I'm a swooooord, watch my trick, I'm a swoooooord!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Did Zaid always look so Zoss-y? Obviously there's a good reason why he would but it seems stark now.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

FuturePastNow posted:

I heard it said you should stand upon your sword, as though on a hoverboard. This is patently false. A sword is not your hoverboard. It is a hideous tool for separating men from their vital fluids.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ditch posted:

Did Zaid always look so Zoss-y? Obviously there's a good reason why he would but it seems stark now.

It started this chapter. When he was Solomon's pet he just looked like a normal prettyboy. Now he's got the gage ear piercings and the red irises.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Kalli posted:

Poisoned by swordboarding.

It is pretty sick.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Joke's on you guys, it's just a hoverboard that looks like a sword, he can't actually wield a sword

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TwoPair posted:

Joke's on you guys, it's just a hoverboard that looks like a sword, he can't actually wield a sword

He can use one like a magical throwing stick though, which is kind of impressive

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
A sword is a hideous tool for performing sick skateboarding tricks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

Whatever is the equivalent for Weeabo for chinese XiaXia/Wuxia fiction applies pretty heavily.

Damnit i wanted to slide in here with this

Its too late for Zaid, hes become a....eurgh.....cultivator

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

the holy poopacy posted:

A sword is a hideous tool for performing sick skateboarding tricks.

Royalty is a single, kickflipping motion.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'll be impressed when he stands on the edge of the blade instead of the flat.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Sindai posted:

I'll be impressed when he stands on the edge of the blade instead of the flat.

same but for the point :colbert:

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

"NERRRRRRRD!"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Niavmai posted:

it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's

I mean, it's kind of unlikely that if this was physical reality that she'd have just had that stuck in her arm all this time without noticing.

Also it would be a pretty sick own on Zaid if his swordkinesis was entirely a fever dream of Allison's.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND EMPTY PALM SLAM A SWORD ONTO THE GROUND. IT IS A HIDEOUS TOOL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, INCUBUS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING WOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I FLY AROUND ON MY SWORDBOARD OR EVEN WHEN I SEPARATE MEN FROM THEIR GHOSTS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MASTERED SWORD LAW. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO A SAD BARISTA AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT SAD BARISTAS ARE KINDA HOT WHEN THEY'RE FREAKING OUT. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE ME AND MY STINKYBOY LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING KICKFLIPS EVERY MORNING.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Niavmai posted:

Hasn't Operant explicitly said this is real?

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

blastron posted:

who're you going to believe?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

blastron posted:

Who ever said things happening in a mindscape aren't real?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm not going to actually verify any of this, as that is the cowards move, but from what I understood he merely confirmed that this isn't a dream and that the consequences are real. Just using different words to lie to us in the fourth way.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Also lol at Zaid riding a sword like that Daicon IV video, just the most anime poisoned guy

Came here to point out the Daicon IV reference, it owns

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GunnerJ posted:

Came here to point out the Daicon IV reference, it owns

He only meant to stay a while

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Mr. Lobe posted:

He only meant to stay a while

We can definitely say that these scenes are either real, or they're a dream. There is, after all, nothing that is in-between.

eta: lol the Genius annotation on that lyric:

quote:

The main character is not yet convinced as to what he is experiencing. He is trying to figure out whether it is fantasy or fiction, and calling out for help in deciphering the strange new world.

Asked in 1981 whether the events of Time are, in fact, supposed to be real or dreamed, Jeff Lynne answered:

"This is what I’d like to know, because it’s baffled me since I wrote it, if he has actually gone [to the future], or if he’s just thinking about it. … It could be real, or it could be a dream… I’m not sure. I’d rather not say, because I don’t know either. I’m supposed to, but I don’t."

This songwriting ambiguity contrasts with the absolute insistence (“there’s nothing that is in-between”) on categorical separation between the waking world and dreams.

This is too on the nose!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol :nice:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's all in the mind, you know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011