Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

last time i f5ed so hard was when trump got elected prez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its a fun day on the pos for sure

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
shot:
https://twitter.com/LouPas/status/1588599808587345921

chaser:
https://twitter.com/LouPas/status/1588622182066057216

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

don't worry

he can just pay to DM elon about this now

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The next time I face criticism for pissing on my lawn in broad daylight I'm just going to rejoin with "so you want my grass to die?"

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Too favourable a comparison - at least the Taxman made money here pretty much the whole way through - but still, yeah:
https://twitter.com/bentarnoff/status/1588619779497431040

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

is that dril?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

maybe the lowtax comparison works better if you frame it as what he could have sold the site for in like 2001 vs what he did sell it for.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

rotor posted:

idk poo poo about whatever but its probably to support india/distant timezone teams

no

look at the document name. this is the "ship the blue check by Monday or you're fired" team.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1588635999621767168

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oh wow twitter is being real weird right now, ui elements flashing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is the worst executed mass firing that i can think of, unless you count like chiquita execution squads

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Carthag Tuek posted:

TEAM IS COLLAPSING dot mp3

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Carthag Tuek posted:

ui elements flashing

Elongelion~ishly ABSOLUTE BOER FIELD

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

idk how the nefarious groups on the internet dont just start dropping a terabit or two sized DDoS on the bird site knowing no ones around. Even if they were around, I doubt they would care that much.

but it would do a lot to highlight musks poo poo management of the whole situation.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Carthag Tuek posted:

:ck5:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Elongelion~ishly ABSOLUTE BOER FIELD

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

has anyone said chairman of the boerd yet

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
we're at the stage where the gop is about to hold a gun to brands to keep advertising on hellsite in the name of freeze peach

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1588633034173349888

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

so its weird to me that the blue checkmark ship it on monday or get fired team is doing this death march.
because there probably is some sort of law or regulation saying that boss man can't just show up and tell you to move mountains by next week or be fired "for cause".

otherwise, what's stopping abusive bosses from showing up, shifting deadlines to tomorrow and then when the team predictably fails to make it, it's cause for firing?

this may start a derail about wonderful things in american work culture

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

who's "we"? you've been at twitter for 1 week an all you've done in that time is fill you diaper with diarrhea.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dijkstracula posted:

has anyone said chairman of the boerd yet

:normyes:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Luigi Thirty posted:

- the entire accessibility team

holy gently caress, all of the a11y work in twitter is constantly evolving and i cannot imagine how quickly it'll break with shoddy code. the potential for constant lawsuits just goes up uP UP

Carthag Tuek posted:

already failing WCAG criteria and there's no new features lol

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 4, 2022

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

kliras posted:

we're at the stage where the gop is about to hold a gun to brands to keep advertising on hellsite in the name of freeze peach

We’re at the stage where a rw grifter who dresses like he just left a frat party at Auburn gets mad about his twitter revenue or engagement or whatever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

4lokos basilisk posted:

so its weird to me that the blue checkmark ship it on monday or get fired team is doing this death march.
because there probably is some sort of law or regulation saying that boss man can't just show up and tell you to move mountains by next week or be fired "for cause".

otherwise, what's stopping abusive bosses from showing up, shifting deadlines to tomorrow and then when the team predictably fails to make it, it's cause for firing?

in most/all of europe its illegal to fire someone for refusal if your demand is unreasonable. i assume there are some vestiges of that in america (suck my cock, kill that man, etc), but idk if "work the weekend" counts (it does in denmark, you gotta plan shifts out in advance even if youre salaried)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

4lokos basilisk posted:

bosses can fire you for whatever whenever

(get a union)

the thing stopping them from acting that way is that they generally care about getting talented, competent people to work for them, and to keep working for them

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Twitter now has an army of web3 developers ready to satisfy all of Elons most unreasonable requests

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

lol at being in a company video chat and having people blank out like a serial killer movie

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i am a moron posted:

Twitter now has an army of web3 developers ready to satisfy all of Elons most unreasonable requests

god i hope binance takes over primary dev on payment systems and poo poo. it will be glorious

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kliras posted:

this sees like an easy win for the corps (everything is), just screenshot all the hosed up poo poo that gets posted on twitter and say we want no part of this. even hardcore republicans are pretty shy about using the n word in public etc

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

4lokos basilisk posted:

In states with actual employee protections, it would probably get contested in court as a violation of the WARN act (or similar local variants) and in the states without them, you can just fire them without making up a reason.

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

This thread is a great substitute for wasting time on Twitter. I learn as much but lol so much more
Keep it up, Mollusk

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

infernal machines posted:

god i hope binance takes over primary dev on payment systems and poo poo. it will be glorious

hi yes, i would like to transfer -44 billion usd from my account to elon's account

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

4lokos basilisk posted:

TBF it's been announced that everybody getting laid off is getting three month's pay and staying officially employed so it doesn't gently caress up their visas and such. So other than the C-suite, who are definitely gonna sue, nobody is being fired "for cause".

Edit: pretty sure some lawyer explained to Musk what the consequences would be of just firing people without compensation or notice.

Edit 2: it also doesn't make the act of firing the people working on your supposedly-urgent deathmarch project any less stupid.

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 4, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Lead out in cuffs posted:

TBF it's been announced that everybody getting laid off is getting three month's pay and staying officially employed so it doesn't gently caress up their visas and such. So other than the C-suite, who are definitely gonna sue, nobody is being fired "for cause".

Edit: pretty sure some lawyer explained to Musk what the consequences would be of just firing people without compensation or notice.

people were talking about how the only ones saying "welp i got fired" online were a) women, b) brown, or c) their last name begins with a through m

i wonder if that last category is in there to soften the accusations of discrimination

(i have not done any counts myself, im lazy and stupid)

mystes
May 31, 2006

Someone should convince Elon that he should just fire everyone and shut down twitter until he can replace it with something NFT based

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mystes posted:

Someone should convince Elon that he should just fire everyone and shut down twitter until he can replace it with something NFT based

the x app for everything! (coming in 3-5 years from now, perpetually)

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

mystes posted:

i hope musk fired whoever greenlit the loving NFT hexagons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao... just remembered that elon promised to participate in roadshows for banks to market the debt for them and put forward his "best effort"

would love to see him do that