Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

For those of you who don't speak French: they don't allow the person's discount to apply because they were using the English version of the app.

This app was apparently programmed by L'Académie Française.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

You're repeating yourself Has anyone actually witnessed someone be surprised by cops being poo poo? It seems like everyone I know either believes cops can do no wrong and had a good reason for doing some heinous thing or the person already knows cops are poo poo. Have you ever witness a person realize that cops may actually be bad?

i think my boomer dad flipped during George Floyd, but he enjoys public urination so that seed of resentment was already there.

In happy news I sold my car and moved to Philadelphia. Walked to a restaurant and a store today, this loving rocks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I posted a video by these young boys before but here's their most recent one. They traveled from the southernmost point serviced by NJ Transit to the northernmost, which was actually in New York state. Riding only buses that ran on local roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnn7xooTxl8

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

platzapS posted:

i think my boomer dad flipped during George Floyd, but he enjoys public urination so that seed of resentment was already there.

In happy news I sold my car and moved to Philadelphia. Walked to a restaurant and a store today, this loving rocks.
Remember that Philadelphia is a very car forward city, but also a very pedestrian forward city, and a very bike forward city, all at once. All modes of transportation exist on the same plane. Each intersection is a test of wills where the eternal question is decided: who wants it more? Pedestrians can cut off bikes. Bikes can master cars. The size of the vehicle or human does not matter. The only thing that matters is who has the greater will. All others must yield to them.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

BeeSeeBee posted:

I don't sub, but I do check it out when this thread is slow and I need to amp myself up on hating cars.

Have you tried going outside, that usually works for me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
good news everyone :toot: american cars aren't getting worse than last year. we're up only 0.5% over 2021

quote:

An estimated 20,175 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes, an increase of about 0.5% as compared to 20,070 fatalities NHTSA projected for the first half of 2021

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

does the nhtsa get to target the total count or only the count per vmt?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

would be cool if that number went down imo

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

would be cool if that number went down imo

Numbers going down is unamerican

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

platzapS posted:

Congratulations! Philly is a cool city. I rode my bike and took the loving old trolleys all over that city.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Remember that Philadelphia is a very car forward city, but also a very pedestrian forward city, and a very bike forward city, all at once. All modes of transportation exist on the same plane. Each intersection is a test of wills where the eternal question is decided: who wants it more? Pedestrians can cut off bikes. Bikes can master cars. The size of the vehicle or human does not matter. The only thing that matters is who has the greater will. All others must yield to them.

greatest city in America

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/TheWarOnCars/status/1588192906292101121?s=20&t=xgAwkH54HywAD08cEjd_1A

PFC, is this you???

quote:

Now, the latest crime coupled with recent vandalisms to businesses and a sting of carjackings have people who call Shadyside home on edge.

“This is a great neighborhood, and we always walk around at night. It’s always been very safe. We walk around at night, so it’s disturbing. To find out there have been carjackings and tires that have been pieced… it’s incongruous,” said one resident.

LMAO.... oh now tires have been deflated w/ no damage to them! This is not unlike a carjacking!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://twitter.com/TheWarOnCars/status/1588192906292101121?s=20&t=xgAwkH54HywAD08cEjd_1A

PFC, is this you???

LMAO.... oh now tires have been deflated w/ no damage to them! This is not unlike a carjacking!

That's a pretty $$$$$ area that has on-street parking.

People are absolutely losing their minds over it and comparing it to carjacking, like you read.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A lockdown is when you see anyone wearing a mask to prevent covid. A carjacking is when someone touches your car. Words don't mean anything anymore.

mystes
May 31, 2006

A carjacking is actually when someone jacks off to their giant SUV/pickup truck and it's surprisingly common in the US these days

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

gently caress cars. No not like that.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

quote:

Channel 11 asked Pittsburgh police for more information on the deflated tires and possible investigation, but we haven’t heard back.

Lol. I'm picturing the cop from the big lebowski

I'll check with the boys down at the crime lab. They got us working in shifts!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Imagine being the victim of a lentil crime and telling anyone about it. Shameful

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Imagine being the victim of a lentil crime and telling anyone about it. Shameful
It's normal to call cops for dumb poo poo. People call the cops for the pettiest and stupidest poo poo. 9/11 police response is about 70% of not criminal matters, then 20% misdemeanors, and that last 5% of real crimes.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Lol. I'm picturing the cop from the big lebowski

I'll check with the boys down at the crime lab. They got us working in shifts!

Sadly they’ll probably work harder on this then if any of those drivers hit someone w their car.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
tbf carjacking shittrucks would be an unmitigated improvement

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1588252294130282496?s=20&t=2n5mePkCOgUN34A_v5-grA

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That would be seen as a design failure in the US. People are still crying over this protected bike lane here because drivers keep losing their hubcaps.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

behold: the future

https://twitter.com/BaronVonClutch/status/1588471113478246400?s=20&t=wdNBhEbOVf1GQ2FGbfAxLA

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

drat, that thing can really crush some children

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Thank you for your service Mr Bollard! :patriot:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
They should paint a little car icon on the bollard every time this happens.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Another notch on the bollard

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BonHair posted:

Thank you for your service Mr Bollard! :patriot:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

On the topic of Extremely Heavy Vehicles but maybe only tangentially relevant to this thread but I just learned recently that Broward County Sheriff's Officers now have 1,000+ lb motorcycles that are loaded down with hi tech radar equipment that can tag, track, and clock vehicles in a 360° radius around them lmao

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Lib and let die posted:

On the topic of Extremely Heavy Vehicles but maybe only tangentially relevant to this thread but I just learned recently that Broward County Sheriff's Officers now have 1,000+ lb motorcycles that are loaded down with hi tech radar equipment that can tag, track, and clock vehicles in a 360° radius around them lmao

Now I need a signals officer to run the radar detectors and ECM suite to go to the store.

At least now I can put a chaff launcher in the bed of a pickup and actually use one to haul

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

It's normal to call cops for dumb poo poo. People call the cops for the pettiest and stupidest poo poo. 9/11 police response is about 70% of not criminal matters, then 20% misdemeanors, and that last 5% of real crimes.

The local paper has a column they run occasionally of poo poo people called the cops for and it's pretty great

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

when raccoons tried to get in our back porch mama just chased em off with a broom

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
raccoons knew better once we shot n ate the first two

mystes
May 31, 2006

What kind of sick gently caress calls the cops on a lethargic raccoon

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

mystes posted:

What kind of sick gently caress calls the cops on a lethargic raccoon

Someone afraid of rabies.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Weembles posted:

I would simply step away from the raccoon

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Polo-Rican posted:

I would simply step away from the raccoon

i would simply call animal control because rabies sucks and shouldn't be allowed to spread due to apathy

mystes
May 31, 2006

Weembles posted:

quote:

Although raccoons suffer from rabies more than any other mammal in the United States (about 35 percent of all animal rabies cases), only one human death from the raccoon strain of rabies has been recorded in the United States
https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/understanding-rabies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They'll kill your dog tho