Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

speng31b posted:

as reported originally by thread hero and correct opinion haver Michael Tracey

I am sharp as a thumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1587503490519207936

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

The Oldest Man posted:

That one is just sad but I think this could be a good situation comedy plot

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/pro...-seproshynagtv/

Maybe I don't fully understand privatization but apparently if I pay just over $1,000 USD I own Ukraine's physical testing facility for tires and rubber products and its 4 employees now work for me?

Privatization conditions posted:

 repayment of debts on wages and before the budget within six
months;
 prevention of dismissal of employees of the enterprise on the
initiative of the new owner or his authorized body within six
months from the date of transfer of ownership, according to
paragraph 7 of Article 26 of the Law of Ukraine “On
Privatization of State and Municipal Property”.
you'll own the wage arrears

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lmfao no one believes the Republicans are going to cut funding to Ukraine. Not even MTG believes that when she says it.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Russia hasn't lost any tanks

because the rust traps they're driving around in aren't worthy of the name

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

OH poo poo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

lmfao no one believes the Republicans are going to cut funding to Ukraine. Not even MTG believes that when she says it.

you're tellin' me, bud. i argued with thread regulars last time around who wanted to insist Republicans aren't just a different flavor of neoliberal and trump was something more than a wart on the butthole of the institution

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

bongmaster posted:

That's only $4k usd according to their balance sheet summary

Well worth it for the best reality tv premise in a decade

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

then they're technicals

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth
congratulations to ukraine on becoming the next IMF capitalism laboratory, after it all went so well the last time in russia

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

bongmaster posted:

if you decided simply not to pay I think there is 0% chance anyone would bother to do anything about it.

the more pertinent problem for an entrepreneurial goon investor is that you don't get an office or land or anything.

quote:

Information about real estate objects: the company does not have its own real estate objects.

The facility includes: technical equipment, furniture and inventory.

The company has no vehicles.

Information about the land plot: no land plot.

you get office furniture which looks notably lovely from the pictures. I have no idea what technical equipment is involved in physical testing of rubber products and I suppose that could be worth something, but if there is any equipment worth anything it reveals the most glaringly obvious problem with privatisation everywhere, which is that it would seem to be infinitely easier to simply sell off the equipment and not bother to run the service.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

bongmaster posted:

then they're technicals

yup

technically operational

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Wow, US doesn’t do weapons inspections, monsters. Now they inspect weapons to combat proliferation and it’s escalation!

I guess the US will have to subcontract out weapons inspection to some respectable PMC or something.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Technicals the best kind of correct.

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth
technicals are awesome

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mlmp08 posted:

Wow, US doesn’t do weapons inspections, monsters. Now they inspect weapons to combat proliferation and it’s escalation!

I guess the US will have to subcontract out weapons inspection to some respectable PMC or something.

who are you even arguing with

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

bongmaster posted:

technicals are awesome

yup

im in awe of the orc engineers who keep these death traps running with rubber bands and duct tape

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

it's a good thing they're inspecting the shipments so they know roughly how many weapons are gonna mysteriously turn up in the hands of neo nazis all over the continent

speng31b has issued a correction as of 00:31 on Nov 5, 2022

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/fash_tankie/status/1586115543567695872?t=9EppqsB7zuMVOaZcuQYLbg&s=19

https://twitter.com/SlavStallion/status/1586140091453386752?t=Qda08PYiWLPlexOrxE83oA&s=19

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think he's just being cute

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

I think he's just being cute

she is very cute

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

See this? This is the type of wisdom and freethinking that Elon is bringing back to Twitter.:hai:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
this privatisation site is like one of these compilations of bad craigslist sellers.

quote:

Property complex of SOE “Special design and technology bureau of the Institute of Technical Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”. The main activity of the enterprise is research and experimental development in the field of other natural and technical sciences.

this sounds pretty fancy, but it only costs $250?

the pictures are incredible though.

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/pro...ces-of-ukraine/

this would be a good goon project though - for $200k we could buy a historic sanatorium to house all the brain damaged posters

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/product/eng-budivli-sanatoriyu-girskyj/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Someone make a gangtag of the USAID thing.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Someone make a gangtag of the USAID thing.

only if it says usaids

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

speng31b posted:

only if it says usaids

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Majorian posted:

Wait wait wait...are you telling me that Elon Musk isn't reliable?:aaaaa:

He's getting his eight bucks one way or the other

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

speng31b posted:

only if it says usaids

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

this would be a good goon project though - for $200k we could buy a historic sanatorium to house all the brain damaged posters

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/product/eng-budivli-sanatoriyu-girskyj/

this place is spooky as hell, bet its haunted

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I was not being serious, so no one.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

this privatisation site is like one of these compilations of bad craigslist sellers.

this sounds pretty fancy, but it only costs $250?

the pictures are incredible though.

https://privatization.gov.ua/en/pro...ces-of-ukraine/

It's a bunch of garbage being stored in the back yard and warehouse of a state agency

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, supposedly, the Iranians are also sending missiles over to Russia, I would say Iran itself is becoming a bit of an issue for the US'' grand strategy. Russia has its own military industrial complex, but there are limits about how many missiles you can produce in the short-term. However, if you have also the Iranian MIC hammering way...it is going to help quite a bit.

If you wanted to really press a weak point...it would be the Iranians. That said, if there was a more serious attempt at regime change/revolution in Iran, it would play complete havoc with oil prices.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

spacetoaster posted:

I am sharp as a thumb.

HBOs Metal gear adaptation looking like complete poo poo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

sum posted:

You think that the country that spends nearly a trillion dollars a year on its military can't afford to refurbish its own mothballed inventory?

Would they even help if you don't send maintenance formations along with them?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

speng31b posted:

you're tellin' me, bud. i argued with thread regulars last time around who wanted to insist Republicans aren't just a different flavor of neoliberal and trump was something more than a wart on the butthole of the institution

why would you remind us of that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, supposedly, the Iranians are also sending missiles over to Russia, I would say Iran itself is becoming a bit of an issue for the US'' grand strategy. Russia has its own military industrial complex, but there are limits about how many missiles you can produce in the short-term. However, if you have also the Iranian MIC hammering way...it is going to help quite a bit.

If you wanted to really press a weak point...it would be the Iranians. That said, if there was a more serious attempt at regime change/revolution in Iran, it would play complete havoc with oil prices.

And with the United States' successful history of special operations and proxy warfare against Iran, you can bet it'd go just swimmingly

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

why would you remind us of that

because i am michael tracey

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

america sending weapons to ukraine for the proxy war with russia

russia sending weapons to iran for the proxy war with america

the circle of life

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

because i am michael tracey

How does it feel to be the man who Glenn Greenwald praised as having a beautiful girlfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

speng31b posted:

only if it says usaids