Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
My generous offer to model things with my huge hairy Norn rear end keeps getting rudely rejected for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Well, that's done. Was not nearly as painful as I feared, altough I already had many of the various steps completed (and I play a lot of WvW, which helped).

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well, that's done. Was not nearly as painful as I feared, altough I already had many of the various steps completed (and I play a lot of WvW, which helped).

Congarts

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

El Fideo posted:

God isn't the wiki just so classy?

i shared the nightfury skin the other day and yeah its a bit embarrassing

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

I'm waiting until this final season 1 update before making the WvW ring, just in case they add a new legendary ring.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Goddamn achievement monster keeps spawning inside the walls or underneath the world and so I have to listen to 10 minutes of Taimi being 'clever' everytime I want to try it again and it is pissing me off.

e: sweet, this time it didn't spawn somewhere but just suddenly became invincible and disappeared

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 3, 2022

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Goddamn achievement monster keeps spawning inside the walls or underneath the world and so I have to listen to 10 minutes of Taimi being 'clever' everytime I want to try it again and it is pissing me off.

e: sweet, this time it didn't spawn somewhere but just suddenly became invincible and disappeared

Which map/monster is this? Might as well at least get a bug entered for it if we don't already have one.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

chglcu posted:

Which map/monster is this? Might as well at least get a bug entered for it if we don't already have one.

Sure, it was in 'The Dragon's Reach Part 1' during the mission 'The Waypoint Conundrum'. I was running it with a human mechanist.

The achievement I was going for was 'Leave No Survivors'

Spoiler tagging it since I am showing a map of a mission.

I'll use a helpful map from this website: https://guildjen.com/the-dragons-reach-part-1-achievements-guide/

Spot 10 has an Asuran assassin spawn. This assassin spawned under the world a few times (maybe 3 or 4) and inside the cavern wall another couple times. I finally got it after complaining online but it took me a while. I even de-summoned my mechanist bot figuring it was some kind of pet aggro thing and it still happened. My approach was to go along the wall north of spot 7 to try and touch 10 without also triggering 7 (much like in the video demonstration on that web page).

Also, one time it aggroed and chased me and I made a run for spot 11 to try to clear it before killing him (mech on passive, didn't want doors to close on spawn 11) and he just froze for a moment, became invincible, and disappered. He did this around where the square dot southwest of spawn 11 is. I know he normall runs away at 50%, but I hadn't damaged him yet and he was at full health when it happened.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That map looks a lot like a person laying down with their head on the left and their feet hanging off the edge of the mission map on the right.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

binge crotching posted:

That map looks a lot like a person laying down with their head on the left and their feet hanging off the edge of the mission map on the right.

I see a dude laying down with their head on the left, their feet hanging off the edge of the mission map on the right, jerking off.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

jokes posted:

I see a dude laying down with their head on the left, their feet hanging off the edge of the mission map on the right, jerking off.

10 Guild Wars 2 Secrets The Developers Don't Want You To Know

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The achievement I was going for was 'Leave No Survivors'

I got this cheevo a few weeks ago on my condi virtuoso and it worked okay for me. There's sufficient space between the spawns at 7 & 10 that you should be able to trigger and kill 7 without worrying about 10. I approached 10 from the northwest and it triggered normally (ie standing on the floor) without aggroing, so I was able to go wax the spawns at 11 before coming back to 10

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Hello Sailor posted:

I got this cheevo a few weeks ago on my condi virtuoso and it worked okay for me. There's sufficient space between the spawns at 7 & 10 that you should be able to trigger and kill 7 without worrying about 10. I approached 10 from the northwest and it triggered normally (ie standing on the floor) without aggroing, so I was able to go wax the spawns at 11 before coming back to 10

Yeah eventually I was able to do this, but only after having all of the issues mentioned in my post. I did a google search and noticed a few people on reddit and the official forums who seemed to have the same issue, but most of those were from 5+ years ago.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm playing this for literally a first time ever and I have just one question for now because I dont really wanna get bogged down in details:

is it possible for me to gently caress up my hero point distribution badly? Can it be reset if so? Can I just experiment with whatever stuff I want while I level and worry about "optimal" builds later?

I am playing a necromancer if that matters for this question (I am currently gathering as many minions as I can because why else would I play a necromancer)

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm playing this for literally a first time ever and I have just one question for now because I dont really wanna get bogged down in details:

is it possible for me to gently caress up my hero point distribution badly? Can it be reset if so? Can I just experiment with whatever stuff I want while I level and worry about "optimal" builds later?

I am playing a necromancer if that matters for this question (I am currently gathering as many minions as I can because why else would I play a necromancer)

Not really something you need to worry about, there are enough HP points on the map (with expacs) to fill out every tree including the elites. For the base class just getting to level 80 is usually enough to fill them all out with maybe one or two base game maps worth extra (not sure) but you'll have lots spare for the base class if you do a few of the maps even if you never touch the expansions. There isn't any way to reset them though as far as I know.

Edit: Gods I suck at explaining this poo poo, lemme - if you're just on the base game, no expacs and levelling up necro - getting to level 80 should be enough to fill out all your various traits & stuff, with maybe one map more if I'm wrong it's not like you need to do every map or be really careful with points is what I'm trying badly to explain.

Tambaloneus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 5, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You can't reset them but you can get more of them so no, any "gently caress up" is going to be temporary and incomplete trait lines and missing skills is working as intended below level 80.

Leveling up to 80 will give you enough points to unlock all the core trait lines and skills. If you get hero challenges done you will reach that point sooner and can start unlocking elite specs once you hit 80. The expansion elite specs are more expensive in hero points but the hero challenges award 10 points at once.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

It's probably also worth mentioning that while you'll hear about optimal builds and meta's and all that there's not really any need for it in most of the game. I've gone through all the stories & got map completions on alts that I later realised had like level 50 gear or like missing boots or were just not built with any thought. The harder stuff like higher level fractals and raids and solo-ing the HP points in fkn HoT maps is where you'll begin to worry about gear but all the base stuff stories, map completions etc you can do without needing to be "meta".

But if you wanna keep it casual you can cruise through without giving it too much thought or worry just on the gear you get access to completing story chapters or map events in Orr which give you exotics for karma if you have enough. Exotics on the TP can be pretty cheap too. Plus doing map completion on the level 70-80 & 80 maps give you exotics so you'll get good gear as you go along if you don't have mad money to begin with.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

only thing you can gently caress up in Gw2 is your race!

but all that takes is another character slot to fix

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Very cool thanks for the replies!

To be clear any "hard" content space is taken up by other games already so this is something I just wanna level through cause my friends who've played tell me that experience is good, so its good not to have to worry about optimizing

gonna run around with a bunch of horrors and smite things

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Well good news you've picked the most chill and relaxing class available, especially with minions.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
yes i was pleased to notice an entire other tree dedicated to making my minions and myself beefier at level 21

I guess they're more wheels than trees in this game

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

fast cars loose anus posted:

yes i was pleased to notice an entire other tree dedicated to making my minions and myself beefier at level 21

I guess they're more wheels than trees in this game

The stuff in the wheel turns into a tree when you go to the Builds panel, that's where you make them active.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

If anyone's looking for a fun, cheesy easy, and powerful Thief build for WvW give P/P Daredevil a try:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PagAorlFw2YiMQGJe0W3NdA-z1IY1okvMysAKNEcfWqSaDA-w

How to play:
1. Press pistol 5.
2. Dodge in the smoke field from pistol 5 for stealth.
3. Press 1 to sneak attack.
4. Rinse and repeat, using utility skills/weapon swap for sigil procs as needed.

Doing this gives you as much stealth uptime as possible, permanent protection, massive sustain from sneak attack/venoms, and lots of might thanks to Daredevil's Weakening Strikes minor trait and Aristocracy runes. If you can't kill it, you can get away from it!

Demo video against another Thief and then some 1vX harassment and disengage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywr2aXhP8cg

Someone said it makes you feel like a raid boss and I can't disagree. Although be warned since this is fun, easy, powerful, and involves stealth it's probably going to get nerfed. Anet seems to hate Thieves having fun, doubly so if you're using stealth

Edit: This also makes you nearly immortal in PvE if you want to use it there too, although there are probably better specs overall for open world stuff.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 6, 2022

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Just as a heads up for anyone unaware, make sure to pop into Lion's Arch to get a bunch of stacks of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra_Life_Bonus.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Actuarial Fables posted:

Just as a heads up for anyone unaware, make sure to pop into Lion's Arch to get a bunch of stacks of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra_Life_Bonus.

and also buy the 75 gem karma booster to get the ultra rare baseball cap

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

where the red fern gropes posted:

and also buy the 75 gem karma booster to get the ultra rare baseball cap

Oh! Which one is that?

Aug 24, 2011

tarbrush posted:

Oh! Which one is that?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra_Life_Karma_Booster

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celebration_Hat

previously a launch exclusive. 10 years later it's finally obtainable again. don't miss out

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Apparently I already had this hat :confused:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I played in the beta and all I got was that hat and the 2hr golem that I've been using to do key farming for years. (start a human, give yourself a level/use a level boost, do your lvl 10 personal quest for a black lion key)

When I'm low on transmutation shards I'll just use a tome and explore all 5 capital cities which gets you to level 10. Then you can do your personal quest which is unlocked at 10. It saves you from having to do whatever bullshit you didn't want to do, or from spending however much gold/dollars you didn't want to spend. I think every transmutation shard costs like 7g if you buy them in batches of 25 (which would be like 180g).

If you're good you can do all the capital cities and your personal quest in like 1.5hours which is probably the most efficient gold grind in the game, and you get a key for it! A key which, of course, will give you nothing good because everything good only happens to other people. One day I'll get that permanent hair tool.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
New invisible chair good.
Process for unlocking it bad.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Something big is happening with firebrand tomes. Seems like a shared charges system.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
5-signet fb new meta

Aug 24, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Something big is happening with firebrand tomes. Seems like a shared charges system.

no more weapon swap but tomes become a thing you can use all the time like kits? sign me up

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

no more weapon swap but tomes become a thing you can use all the time like kits? sign me up

We thought the same thing with Druid last preview, but it turned out they just didn't have another pet equipped.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Season 1 meta achievement reward:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

poo poo, guess I'm buying more gems this month.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lonk posted:

poo poo, guess I'm buying more gems this month.

:perfect:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gandlethorpe posted:

Season 1 meta achievement reward:

omgomgomg

I hope there are vendors and maybe you could set it as default? New LA is butts.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The only part of LS1 missions I liked was going to old LA. Otherwise the missions are incredibly long and tedious and prone to disconnecting me from the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra_Life_Karma_Booster

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celebration_Hat

previously a launch exclusive. 10 years later it's finally obtainable again. don't miss out