Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
He's going to get dismembered by Saudi creditors when he can't pay the bills and won't hand over admin privs. His last words will be "we are anonymous, we do not forgive, we do not forget."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Twitter changes hands April 1st 2023.

I love this poo poo so much. Cajoling to threatening in a week

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1585619322239561728?s=46&t=nrt3Znbnis6qfycEtbsBCQ

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588676939463946241?s=46&t=nrt3Znbnis6qfycEtbsBCQ

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

Effective-Disorder posted:

Apartheid-spawn billionaire tech-douches self-destructing whilst taking a cornerstone of skinner box social media down with them? You love to see it.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Dec 1, 2023.

He'll have to wait a year to do a full YoY comparison with his changes in place and then will sell quietly with nuclear NDA so no one knows how much he lost.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
not changing my guess but thinking about it I didn't factor in the site becoming critically unstable in a manner of days so this all might not last much longer

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I'm going to say April 4th of next year because it is 4-4, like how no matter how many stupid decisions I make in my life I'll never buy a platform for $44 billion, several times its value and then immediately tank it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

twitter is also laying off large swaths of its overseas staff, including its entire japanese PR department.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Revins posted:

not changing my guess but thinking about it I didn't factor in the site becoming critically unstable in a manner of days so this all might not last much longer

Elon was doing a simple safety test and then *poof*

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Elon doesn't even make it to Thanksgiving. November 20th, 2022.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Turbinosamente posted:

No one wants to guess it croaks on election day, so I will do it, November 8th 2022.

yeah buggy crunched subscription rollout plus election night chaos has the best chance of just straight up strangling the site to death

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

january 20, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Wellwinds posted:

yeah buggy crunched subscription rollout plus election night chaos has the best chance of just straight up strangling the site to death

lol this is going to be such a madhouse

Elon showing his whole rear end, hole and all, to everyone has so many people I work with, lefty and chud, so loving confused as to what the gently caress is going on in the world right now

tried to tell them he was a giant, evil mess but real life Tony Stark is much more attractive and easy to swallow

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
11/04/2022,
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

On August 29, 1997 it's gonna feel pretty loving real to you too!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Real talk though, Twitter (and social media more broadly) crashing and burning will almost certainly marginally improve my life.

PhazonLink posted:

i love how regressive culture warriors are just soaked to the bone in their flavor aid.

like the chud ceo of the recent media company mergers canceling all those sjw cartoons to focus on "middle america" and reality tv show poo poo.

Oh was that chud-motivated at WB Discovery, I just thought the new CEO was your standard issue dummy.

lol

lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

an electric car would last a week at least turned on in the garage, not a few hours. you can run the electronics and climate control (assuming temperatures aren't extreme) for quite a long time on that huge battery.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jesus Christ lmfao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

an electric car would last a week at least turned on in the garage, not a few hours. you can run the electronics and climate control (assuming temperatures aren't extreme) for quite a long time on that huge battery.

lmao if you don't think there are software killswitches in Teslas and that Tesla needs to be dissolved immediately

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bad Purchase posted:

Also you can just turn autopilot on and wait for it to paste you into a semi trailer in much less time

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MrQwerty posted:

lmao if you don't think there are software killswitches in Teslas and that Tesla needs to be dissolved immediately

i don't think that's the joke though, i think it's just that the battery dies before the car produces any lethal emissions

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also you can just turn autopilot on and wait for it to paste you into a semi trailer in much less time

yeah, this would probably work

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

i don't think that's the joke though, i think it's just that the battery dies before the car produces any lethal emissions

lmao I totally missed that was a suicide joke, whiff whiff whiff

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

The person who picks the correct date of when Twitter dies (or closest to) gets a free av change/upgrade

I'll take submissions for the next week or so, unless Twitter folds before then and then uh... I guess no one wins?

I basically assume Twitter will continue forward as a Myspace or Digg.com embarassment forever more or less. So I don't think it will ever truly "die". But death in this case is something akin to Elon selling it off for cheap, or a mass exodus, or nearly all advertisements gone, it becomes a right wing chudosphere failure, or some flavor of this.

I think August 18th 2023.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
I'm just waiting for someone to finish writing their long form journalism piece about "The sad decline of Elon Musk". They just need to insert themselves in the opening paragraph with a meeting at a favorite coffee shop with some choice quote about how badly he hosed up.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Would twitter be considered dead if the only advertisers are Alex Jones brand boner pills & Jordan Petersons new self published book

If so all these 2023 estimates are generous as heck

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Jesus Christ lmfao

its bizarre because twitter is huge in japan, its not like thats some region where they barely get any traffic. half the population uses it. facebook never took off there and tiktok is even more exclusively high school girls than it is in the west, and unlike, say, china, japan has no real equivalent region-specific social media site. the only jp-exclusive social media service is line, which is more of a messenger app.

and unlike the us where the twitter userbase is aging, teenagers use twitter a lot in japan. baffling decision, its the one region where theres potential for growth.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Edwardly posted:

Would twitter be considered dead if the only advertisers are Alex Jones brand boner pills & Jordan Petersons new self published book

Don't forget the pillow man. God I hate that turd

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Endorph posted:

its bizarre because twitter is huge in japan,
okay but they only committed like 10 lines of code on the past year collectively

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

crime weed posted:

okay but they only committed like 10 lines of code on the past year collectively

Elon is a very hardcore coder and knows what he is doing

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Edwardly posted:

100% dead. If there was hunger for a right wing social media website Truth Social would have been it. But there isn't.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

Don't forget the pillow man. God I hate that turd

Pillow man has his own social website, Frank! The best pillow based social network for pillow talk

Edit: dang Elon should acqui-hire frank, that only cost $1m way less than these Twitter dweebs are costing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lmao imagine the poo poo talking trump will do if twitter fails (truth is still failing but that doesn't matter, as long as someone else is loving up)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Musk actually has a team of high profile tech and finance people advising him on these decisions lol. Also Musk apparently plans to offer tiers of moderation, e.g R rated twitter vs PG rated twitter. And yes, I’m sure a XXX rated twitter as well.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nelson Mandingo posted:

100% dead. If there was hunger for a right wing social media website Truth Social would have been it. But there isn't.

yeah lol trump is only sticking to truth because he's gonna grift hundreds of millions of dollars out of it from idiots, there's nothing in twitter for him at this point

cults are loving wild

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Sophy Wackles posted:

Musk actually has a team of high profile tech and finance people advising him on these decisions lol. Also Musk apparently plans to offer tiers of moderation, e.g R rated twitter vs PG rated twitter. And yes, I’m sure a XXX rated twitter as well.

Instead all we get is N-rated Twitter :dogstare:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

priznat posted:

lmao imagine the poo poo talking trump will do if twitter fails (truth is still failing but that doesn't matter, as long as someone else is loving up)

I will be sad if this happens, but only because it won't be retweeted by that account that reformatted his tweets as official white house statements

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It’s not possible for a right wing social media site to ever really succeed at a large scale because the right wing social media audience, whatever they might say, doesn’t actually want an all-right-wing space, they want and need the libs to be there to yell at and dunk on. Whenever they try to build a no-libs-allowed clubhouse it quickly falls apart because they have no one there to trigger and triggering the libs is the one thing they actually live for.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah, I'm not expecting Twitter to actually shut down anytime in the next few years, maybe not even in the next decade. Even Livejournal is still technically alive even though most of its users left for greener pastures in the 2010s because of either bad coding decisions or the new owners saying users must follow Russian obscenity laws (aka no gay stuff). My old e-mail still gets the occasional "Today is your friend's birthday! Go tell them hi even though you haven't logged in since 2009 and your friend died in 2011!" message.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

mr musk, we advise that you stop threatening advertisers.

*wild-eyed, wiping profuse sweat off face* I CANNOT BE CONTAINED

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Entropic posted:

It’s not possible for a right wing social media site to ever really succeed at a large scale because the right wing social media audience, whatever they might say, doesn’t actually want an all-right-wing space, they want and need the libs to be there to yell at and dunk on. Whenever they try to build a no-libs-allowed clubhouse it quickly falls apart because they have no one there to trigger and triggering the libs is the one thing they actually live for.

no it fails because they go night of long knives on each other and then the community is dead because there's no actual leadership, nazis are stupid as gently caress and that's a trait and characteristic, not a coincidence

edit:
MAGA chuds already have no direction because Trump is an incontinent dementia-addled drug addict, when he dies that poo poo is going to go afloat just like Nazis did and it's gonna be really bad for everyone because it is only going to capture the dumbest, most racist, terrible people on every continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Was July 14th 2023 taken, if so move me later until I hit a free date