Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Death’s Door was a very well done and polished game, but I felt like I’ve played a million games like it. Oh I wow have to shoot the arrow through the fire to light the torch? That sounds familiar. I had to put it down after the first dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I put down Death’s Door when I learned that to see the true ending you have to find 7 macguffins, then 3 macguffins, then 50 macguffins, then I closed the tab

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

giogadi posted:

Death’s Door was a very well done and polished game, but I felt like I’ve played a million games like it. Oh I wow have to shoot the arrow through the fire to light the torch? That sounds familiar. I had to put it down after the first dungeon

That’s literally every video game though. In the upcoming smash hit GoW 2 you are faced with many difficult challenges, like using your frost axe to freeze water to platform on.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

That’s literally every video game though.

Not Tunic

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I finished Resident Evil 3 2020. Fun, short game. Definitely worth playing, but I'm glad I got it on sale. And Jesus christ does Jill gets the poo poo kicked out of her the whole game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finished challenge level 12 of the inscription dlc. The last trophy for it is every single challenge at once :cry: help me lord Jesus.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

That’s literally every video game though. In the upcoming smash hit GoW 2 you are faced with many difficult challenges, like using your frost axe to freeze water to platform on.

Guess what other game I don’t plan on playing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Death's Door was boring as poo poo like every isometric indie thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sure but it played slick

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Did it? Felt like every other game like that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JBP posted:

Death's Door was boring as poo poo like every isometric indie thing

mlyp

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

giogadi posted:

Sorry you hate fun times

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

giogadi posted:

this poster is based btw

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I bought my ps5 to play MUDs personally

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Finished challenge level 12 of the inscription dlc. The last trophy for it is every single challenge at once :cry: help me lord Jesus.

good god. here i am on 5 wondering if there's a light at the end of the tunnel :suicide:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Watched The Witch and the The Lighthouse and this Eggers fellow seems like someone to keep an eye on these are all solid in my book

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SilkyP posted:

Watched The Witch and the The Lighthouse and this Eggers fellow seems like someone to keep an eye on these are all solid in my book

Instant classics for me!

Watching The Northman this week :D

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

good god. here i am on 5 wondering if there's a light at the end of the tunnel :suicide:

I felt like levels 5-10 were easier than the first 5 levels cause I felt like I had thoroughly broken the game at that point, but 11 was a real difficulty spike and took me like 7 tries. 12 felt about the same as 11.

I really have no idea how I’m going to do it with every challenge active especially since the last one starts with the whole board filled with grizzlies in every round :suicide:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

giogadi posted:

What are some of your all-time favourite games?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I felt like levels 5-10 were easier than the first 5 levels cause I felt like I had thoroughly broken the game at that point, but 11 was a real difficulty spike and took me like 7 tries. 12 felt about the same as 11.

I really have no idea how I’m going to do it with every challenge active especially since the last one starts with the whole board filled with grizzlies in every round :suicide:

:gonk:

gently caress

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m loving dying over here. I love you guys.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

:sissies:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I get that feeling like a sucker when you fall for a Rasputin post can’t be very fun but it’s not like they’re not always insanely obvious if you put even one single second of thought into it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

SilkyP posted:

Whenever anybody mentions Eggers I unfortunately default to thinking they're talking about Dave Eggers and I do massive wtf is going on he sucks

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Blind Rasputin posted:

I wanted to quote your post immediately with a lol or a lmao but I figured it would be better to just let it ride. Did not disappoint. Stone cold classic post :golfclap:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I’m still not sure if oxxidation was being serious when he called blind rasputin’s very clearly jokey and light hearted posts ‘lies’. Which is funnier than thinking he’s being serious

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Okay, I’m definitely missing a joke then. Bravo.

BRs gimmick is posting things that anyone can tell couldn’t possibly be true and then having a little chuckle at all the people who rush in to say the post is wrong.

That’s the joke.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I thought BR posted disgusting sex stuff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh you mean the other BR

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
it could be worse

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It could be a Battle Royale

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

What are some of your all-time favourite games?

All I’m saying is that I have way less time to game these days and I’d rather spend it on games offering unique experiences. So even if Zelda OoT were an all-timer for me, it wouldn’t be weird to also not want to play anything like Zelda anymore.

I just tried Heavenly Bodies (free ps+ game this month) and wow. In the very first mission I felt like a total hero. It made me think very hard about momentum in ways I never have before.

giogadi fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 5, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Blind Rasputin posted:

I really like this thread it's fun but also people like games

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

JBP posted:

I really like this thread it's fun but also people like games

that’s what it’s all about :cheers:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

gently caress me, Dying Light 2's level design is so huge and intricate. Just wild.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

imhotep posted:

I’m still not sure if oxxidation was being serious when he called blind rasputin’s very clearly jokey and light hearted posts ‘lies’. Which is funnier than thinking he’s being serious

Oxx does not have a sense of humour

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

History Comes Inside! posted:

BRs gimmick is posting things that anyone can tell couldn’t possibly be true and then having a little chuckle at all the people who rush in to say the post is wrong.

That’s the joke.

When you write it out like that it sounds like the most banal dumb thing ever but then I remember moments like this one:

I think the “right wing” conversation started when someone brought up that Joel would obviously have been a Tucker Carlson watcher.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 5, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wait lol

Rasputin'd by a screenshot

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 5, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao it’s because Rasputin posted a screenshot from the app with the same colour scheme

OLED Dark Mode theme stays winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on the Sony PS5 :cheers: