Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So is Elon like a mix of mitt romney and a talentless seth macfarlane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

pillsburysoldier posted:

He's a mix of spideyhyphenman and grover.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Consummate Professional posted:

I’m inspecting cat and I got the zoomies as an usable item? has this happened to anyone else???

Okay, is "the zoomie" catspeak now? My little SIL has been saying that for a bit. (I've got a little sis)

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/Mahoganytooth/status/1588498832610201600?t=WJWe4TnqbkluvsCusqzESg&s=19

gregday
May 23, 2003

yes, more lines of code translates directly into “bloatware” yes that is exactly how software engineering works congratulations you absolute genius.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Just turn off the brain and go hostilities outward like a good CHUD.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
pelosi read a poem about her husbands attack? lmao

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Koirhor posted:

no loving way

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pillsburysoldier posted:

in forums terms, he's like a mix of Fishmech and Taintrunner

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

2DCAT posted:

DO SOMETHING!!!

no

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gregday posted:

yes, more lines of code translates directly into “bloatware” yes that is exactly how software engineering works congratulations you absolute genius.

imagine how stupid he would have to be to believe this despite ostensibly having a) seen code before, and b) known at least one software engineer.

it's breath-taking. I dare say it approaches trump-tier levels of ignorance

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Koirhor posted:

The perpetrator
He destroyed my husband’s skull
No
NO
The perpetrator is caught

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Filthy Hans posted:

in forums terms, he's like a mix of Fishmech and Taintrunner

Fishmusk

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Funny maybe if dems were to promote assassination too it would be different maybe.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Which is the real difference between the parties. Where the dems see danger the repubs see opportunity.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

petit choux posted:

Okay, is "the zoomie" catspeak now? My little SIL has been saying that for a bit. (I've got a little sis)

yes “zoomies” is what fellow brain damaged cat owners call your cat going absolutely apeshit at 2 am because they slept all day

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Why hasn’t “Some of us have horrible children” been made the thread title yet? I’m still laughing about trump throwing shade at his poo poo kids

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mdemone posted:

imagine how stupid he would have to be to believe this despite ostensibly having a) seen code before, and b) known at least one software engineer.

it's breath-taking. I dare say it approaches trump-tier levels of ignorance

I'm no code monkey but I'd assume something like comprehensibility to other coders would be more important than eliminating a few characters in an executable

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

petit choux posted:

Which is the real difference between the parties. Where the dems see danger the repubs see opportunity.

also the dems accept the danger instead of actually doing anything about it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

elon musk is a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and his butt smells and he likes to kiss his own butt.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Consummate Professional posted:

yes “zoomies” is what fellow brain damaged cat owners call your cat going absolutely apeshit at 2 am because they slept all day

fucken assholes

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Twitter should bring back 140 characters and then charge extra for the full 280. I only have good ideas.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

elon doesn't get that the verification system was there to bifurcate the users into camps of either the shitposting rabble or people who have a job requiring them to post officially, and the people complaining about verification being too hard to get are mostly either clout-chasing independently wealthy weirdos or con artists who want the credibility of someone working for a town paper with 1500 subscribers

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

triple sulk posted:

he's a loving loser and blight on society and he isn't funny like our favorite prez. a reply guy talking to losers like ian. gently caress him

He's an imperfect vessel for God's work

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

proud member of the no checkmark twitter minority

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Spoondick posted:

elon doesn't get that the verification system was there to bifurcate the users into camps of either the shitposting rabble or people who have a job requiring them to post officially, and the people complaining about verification being too hard to get are mostly either clout-chasing independently wealthy weirdos or con artists who want the credibility of someone working for a town paper with 1500 subscribers

Weird considering how stoked Elon is about putting people in camps

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm no code monkey but I'd assume something like comprehensibility to other coders would be more important than eliminating a few characters in an executable

it's worse than that, the best code needs efficiency otherwise you cost yourself time/memory/whatever during runtime, and efficient code is usually short code, and short code is usually written by the most experienced coder.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you know DoJ is never gonna do anything but I'm fairly confident the CIA is gonna whip out the heart-attack gun before letting Tumro hold office again

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Schmoe Cwead posted:

yeah after being able to embed auto-playing music on ur page we shouldve burned the whole fuckin thing down

I have good taste so no

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

I have YouTube auto play on my TV and after about three hours it's gone to new Zealand guy reacting to NASCAR for the first time (objectively funny imo) and all his related videos are just like him reacting to andrew Tate and Ben shabibo and they all have like 9 views

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Presidents historically don't keep gifts. They're gifts to the office. It may even be illegal to keep them

So you're saying it's bad form but you don't know if there's a law, right? I think we've been schlonged again.

ED: FWIW I stand corrected on this and Trumo has apparently accepted bribes for which I'm sure the courts are going to care about as the slowly become overwhelmed with hate crimes and treason.

petit choux has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Nov 5, 2022

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

I feel like "what song did you have playing on your webpage" is up there with "what 3 facts would you use in MTV's Next" in terms of mid aughts questions that could tell far too much abt a person

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

triple sulk posted:

the best engineers are the ones with more code removed than added so lol

coders who write elegant code not welcome

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Isizzlehorn posted:

Google says:

"Gifts received by the President are governed by Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution, which states that no gifts may be accepted or retained without the express permission of Congress, and the Foreign Gifts and Decorations Act of 1966."

There's caveats, of course. It's allowed under a certain amount, I've seen $350 and $180 mentioned. Also the gifts are allowed if the president pays back the value of the gift to the government, which lmaoooooooo TURMP

Yeah we paid that and we'll provide documentation in a couple of weeks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

petit choux posted:

Yeah we paid that and we'll provide documentation in a couple of weeks.

two weeks
in the next two weeks you'll be seeing some interesting things

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

for example I would still have a job at Twitter because my code is bloated nonsense, with entire chunks simply commented out, and nobody can read or understand it but me.

I am a Very Bad Coder, and if this is what Elon wants then, well...

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol
https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1588892644016816130?cxt=HHwWhIDUjaDc8IwsAAAA

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

By 2025 everyone's gonna have a coal quota we need to burn in order to do our patriotic duty of owning the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

College football needs to start so I can stop posting here