Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Seems like a pretty obvious joke tweet to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1588992321571655681?s=46&t=l4wvz7Hez7xf2-8CqnnqcA

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
What if I only read books by women?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Coolness Averted posted:

the contrapositive to John Waters saying "If they don't have a bookcase, don't gently caress 'em" just dropped

I, too, am gay.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nebrilos posted:

What if I only read books by women?

That's like being pegged

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I stopped reading around the time I became bi so that doesn't check out.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

That means a kindle is a form of tele-dildonics.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Powered Descent posted:

That means a kindle is a form of tele-dildonics.

Buddy,

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1588690510616875009?t=b_PbTiFEl7fhRv29nBPwIA&s=19

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I know early Onion pictures were just random people they knew/saw in Madison (I knew someone who was one of the "your voices" headshots), and I sometimes wonder how that dude feels about being the "worst person you know" guy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

beats for junkies posted:

I know early Onion pictures were just random people they knew/saw in Madison (I knew someone who was one of the "your voices" headshots), and I sometimes wonder how that dude feels about being the "worst person you know" guy.

In that case I have reading for you:
https://slate.com/culture/2021/10/man-photo-clickhole-worst-person-you-know.html

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1589075543420325888?t=oAkWXvX-XLoGVE2G49MFpA&s=19

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I thought that they'd technically just changed all of the layed-off employees to have no assigned work for the next couple months, but kept them on payroll to work around WARN. Does that mean that management could just say "LOL, changed our minds, show up to work tomorrow or you're fired for disobeying a direct order"? They're probably not doing that, it's probably just incompetence, but that'd be evil.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wearing a BLM shirt and has pronouns in bio? What bit is he doing now?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Wearing a BLM shirt and has pronouns in bio? What bit is he doing now?

He's probably doing it mockingly. Or maybe a lost bet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The idiots are coming from inside the thread, but lol at Musk's brilliance

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The idiots are coming from inside the thread, but lol at Musk's brilliance

I don't think so Tim

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol at Musk's "brilliance"

ftfy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Thanks, I hate it

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

That was a wild ride.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

Can't be the latter, that would involve Scott Adams admitting he was wrong about something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oh wow is this what an aneurysm feels like

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I wonder what the excuse will be if Twitter goes under. "Musk tried to save the site but the woke advertisers/bluechecks/employees sabotaged him because they hate free speech"?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they are already using that excuse. Like every right winger fell in line with the activists are ruining twitter despite the fact that doesn’t make a lick of sense

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Woke advertisers care about money instead of the right to freely use racial slurs

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Corporate communism!!!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Seems like a pretty obvious joke tweet to me.

There is no joke a woman can make on the internet without someone taking it seriously.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Destroying the ability of the masses to easily contradict or otherwise show up their betters on a global scale is probably intentional; it's definitely a positive for a class parasite like Musk, that's for sure. He's an idiot, but that doesn't remove the fact that destroying Twitter is beneficial to him. There will be a replacement, but it'll take time to make it back to the level of reach and ease of use Twitter provided.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ideal is surely he loses a pile of money on it and someone buys it back off him for peanuts and then makes it basically functional again and maybe takes the opportunity to change some fundamental stuff that is wrong with it.

I agree that for all it is bad, it is very important that people are able to see how loving moronic the upper classes are.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Unperson_47 posted:

He would never lose a bet because he’d never admit to it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ryonguy posted:

There will be a replacement, but it'll take time to make it back to the level of reach and ease of use Twitter provided.
I would like to propose: Twotter.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:8bux: to unban. He's going full lowtax

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Thank you! This is a very satisfying (and unsatisfying) answer to a thing I figured would just be an idle thought for the rest of my life!

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Nov 7, 2022

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Knormal posted:

I would like to propose: Twotter.

I for one would love to go back to individual websites/blogs with an optional RSS feed sidebar, because that would account for 99% of the functionality of social media. Unfortunately that's virtually free and would not allow advertisers to algorithmically shove their garbage in front of your eyeballs without your consent, hence all the tech companies abruptly pretending RSS didn't exist around 2014-15ish.

Mastodon seems to have too much "it's like twitter but different in all these ways that aren't exactly useful but are different for the sake of being different because we're open source and open source is better no matter what" for my taste. I guess I could get used to it, but it's definitely not up my alley, and I'm sick of mainstream you Must post Provide Content PROVIDE CONTENT social media anyways.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ryonguy posted:

Mastodon seems to have too much "it's like twitter but different in all these ways that aren't exactly useful but are different for the sake of being different because we're open source and open source is better no matter what" for my taste.

This is something I've been sort of noticing: all the Twitter replacements, from the likes of Mastodon to even Truth Social, are just straight-up Twitter Replacements, and I don't think that's actually a recipe for success; it's like how every Mario Kart competitor fizzles, because the pitch of 'it's like X, but' is one that only ever feels like it comes from or works for people who would obviously just be going to X if it were a viable option.

I feel like Reddit was able to fill the space left when Digg imploded not because it was outright a Digg Replacement, but because it was close enough for to pick up the migration while doing enough of its own thing to have appeal beyond that once people got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

:8bux: to unban. He's going full lowtax

Hope he just skips to the end.