Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How long until this Crawford gal is laid off instantly because she outlived her usefulness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

"I'm too stupid to realize when crises are manufactured"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

buglord posted:

How long until this Crawford gal is laid off instantly because she outlived her usefulness

she appears to be an actual monster so her job in management is probably secure

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DrPossum posted:

"I'm too stupid to realize when crises are manufactured"

She's married to an NFT nutcase. So make of that what you will.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

she was ceo of a startup that got acquihired by twitter. so she's already gotten her bags but has decided that she needs to spend weekends to work for elon... or something.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress, she's the reason why those dumbass NFT hexagons are a thing isn't she

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Edwardly posted:

This doesn't actually return sum. I love it.
Not only that, it wouldnt even compile requiring...at least (!) another commit to fix.

But under Musk Rules, more value to the company will have been delivered by this developer.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

she appears to be an actual monster so her job in management is probably secure

she’ll be sealed in the pyramid with melon’s bloated corpse when the time comes. even in death, he must be served.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Blarghalt posted:

gently caress, she's the reason why those dumbass NFT hexagons are a thing isn't she

i don't think so, but when she released that photo of her sleeping in the office, her husband posted cheering her on for 'sacrificing' for the hustle.

His whole twitter profile was Cryptobro poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some individuals embody the reason why labour laws exist.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

davecrazy posted:

e: beaten

Where does “move fast, break things” come from?

Sounds like some dumb slogan a tech dork picked up doing a work retreat weekend “training” with an ex Navy SEAL and decided it sounded cool.

Mark Zuckerberg

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/move-fast-break-things-facebook-motto/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
‘Elon Musk doesn’t know what he’s doing’, says former Twitter executive

quote:

Elon Musk “doesn’t know what he’s doing” with Twitter and is “making everyone alarmed”, a former executive has said, after major brands paused their advertising spend on the platform and the company laid off thousands of staff.

Bruce Daisley, Twitter’s vice-president for Europe, the Middle East and Africa from 2015 to 2020, said he was devastated by the undemocratic changes at Twitter and would leave the platform with “no hesitation” if there was a good alternative.

“I think Elon thought he was going to come in and solve everything and very quickly he’s going to work out that it’s far more complicated,” he told podcast The News Agents this weekend. “It’s pretty evident from every public action that he’s taken with this whole acquisition: he doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

who could have predicted this

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Any coders know how to make the blue checks show up?? Help, my company is dying!!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

How many wives does this dude have, ffs.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sophy Wackles posted:

Any coders know how to make the blue checks show up?? Help, my company is dying!!

Spend less on programmers

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Spend less on programmers

okay

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
this has to be some elaborate billionare performance art at this point

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
It sounds like they put in the iOS update without setting a release date so it just went live as soon as it was approved by Apple, instead of waiting until the feature was actually ready

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Steadiman posted:

It sounds like they put in the iOS update without setting a release date so it just went live as soon as it was approved by Apple, instead of waiting until the feature was actually ready

lol

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

https://twitter.com/RobynJunia/status/1588241699972653056

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Steadiman posted:

well look the team that used to handle app updates has been fired

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Steadiman posted:

Almost like tired, overworked and stressed out developers make mistakes. Who knew?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Will it dawn on any of these people that this is why the fancy perks you get at tech companies like free snacks and espresso bars and ball pits or whatever are a poor substitute for basic union-protected working condition guarantees?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot, grindsetting a human face - for $8/month

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wait are twitter employees called Tweeps?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

beer_war posted:

Almost like tired, overworked and stressed out developers make mistakes. Who knew?

Got to fire them

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Big man seems to have a habit of putting babes within reach, would not be surprised if Esther is already a notch on the belt.

Gonna be weird if Elon's businesses get sold due to child support and statutory conflict of interest suits

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife, for $8/month

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

CommieGIR posted:

"I enjoy debasing myself for manufactured crises"

what a loving poo poo place to be right now. I feel bad for anyone who's hanging on out of need

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground for $8/mo.”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufOaNG6pPo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Psalm 23:4: Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me for $8/mo.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Elon Musk ✔️
@elonmusk

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, $8/month!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Dear Mario,

Please come to the castle. I have baked a cake for you. Yours truly (for $8/month),

Princess Toadstool (Peach!)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

boofhead posted:

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, $8/month!

new thread title pls

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Amateurs. Apollo 1 was the original 'move fast, break things' and after it they decided they needed to slow down a little bit.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh (for $8/month)!!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Anyone that says their job is their family is seriously broken and deranged

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 5, 2022

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Trying that with Leviticus is wild. Revelations is even better:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death, for $8/month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

"You walk in quoting your bible and your John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says 'I just whooped your rear end for $8/month!'"