Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

learnincurve posted:

Of course they were going to get away with it, we investigated and found alliance leader was alliance leader and also our drinking buddy, no further action required

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
https://imgur.com/IXbhwjK

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

floppyspud posted:

They had a rorqual...

RIP

For every Rorq we lose, we shall build three more!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

My offer to all EvE players who want to lose their money, I will take half and message you a hug emote.

Then you'll have half your money and a hug emote! A better value, by far.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

A coalition rule was implemented to ban doing this sort of thing, and Init stopped the effort on the citadels they were working on.

They were going to do it again?? Lmao

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

PhilippAchtel posted:

They had possible dozens of citadels prepared to go abandoned at the time they looted the first and it was brought to light.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
When do the HAC nerfs go live? Have they gone live?

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

When do the HAC nerfs go live? Have they gone live?

They go live in the expansion that drops on Tuesday.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've never flown a muninn because I didn't think I had skilled min cruiser to five. Turns out I have been able to fly this one all this time

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Xolve posted:

It was the best of times games, it was the worst of times games.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

many times!

Ajaxify posted:

They go live in the expansion that drops on Tuesday.

finally

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i think having more goons rejoin the game and log in with these couple of good patches and the new expension tuesday; and then imperium announcing no deployments till the new year, is probably not great

there's a lot of people I think who want something, some stuff, to happen - and nothing is happening except what CCP is doing

I might be projecting, but I think a lot of people would be happy to start a bloc war

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

drat they made Dawn "I doxx women" Rhea a director.

Great org!!!!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
What's the story with Dawn? Who did she doxx and/or when? I dont think i ever read about that

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

psilocybin laden posted:

i think having more goons rejoin the game and log in with these couple of good patches and the new expension tuesday; and then imperium announcing no deployments till the new year, is probably not great

there's a lot of people I think who want something, some stuff, to happen - and nothing is happening except what CCP is doing

I might be projecting, but I think a lot of people would be happy to start a bloc war

do not play eve online

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Solus posted:

Great org!!!!

what. the. gently caress.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

the best we can hope for is that with the ratting changes alliance income will increase.

i think everyone wants war, especially with the HAC balances.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Solus posted:

Great org!!!!

they may as well skip ahead a few steps and bring back Mittani

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Heard EVE is starting to improve again (lol). Is it still mail to newbies etc to rejoin as a returning player?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Hegay posted:

Heard EVE is starting to improve again (lol). Is it still mail to newbies etc to rejoin as a returning player?

I believe you apply in game and mail them yes.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Hegay posted:

https://wiki.goonswarm.org/w/Joining_GoonWaffe_101#Process_B:_For_Returning_Members

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Note that the wiki hasn't been updated in a year. For one, invites are not sent out. You need to apply in game.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

Note that the wiki hasn't been updated in a year. For one, invites are not sent out. You need to apply in game.

Cheers

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
figured i'd post this in here too

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I log in and see that we have a random lowsec connection off the nest. Being terminally addicted to gas huffing, I decide to check it out and spot a smoking nebula, which is a nice lil 150m payday. I bookmark it and warp to it cloaked to check it out since theres a venture on scan and several in local, and find that theres a venture on the site. I bookmark the cloud he's on, and ping about it, we get a couple in fleet, and I hop into a sabre to lock him down. Im cloaked in the ls on the hole in a sabre when i get word geese are on the hole and ready, so i tell them to jump in and fleet warp them. Lessons learned: sabres cannot warp cloaked. gently caress. Decloak and warp myself and land on grid w/the venture. Lesson learned #2: you (still) cant bubble in lowsec. Venture gets way. gently caress.

I figure we might as well get the gas huffed, but since the system is a little spicy and I've got people in coms, I take out the hull tanked bait prospect and a few minutes later the other geese on coms join in ventures. I get about 1500m3 down when a nemesis decloaks and tackles me. Geese warp out and I slap two scrams on the nemesis. A pracifier then decloaks so, like a good lil goose, I spread the scrams around so nobody feels left out. The hull tanked prospect is tanky enough that Kymra and Topli have enough time to go to the nest, reship, and get back. The nemesis dies first, and I just barely go down a moment before the pacifier. I figure, oh well, the hull costs should mean that we're still slightly isk positive because at this point I havent realized purifier!=pacifier.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104462001/
9k ehp prospect. Tiny sig, decent speed with the AB, and a nice pile of ehp once they make it past the sig tanking. When I went into structure they literally asked me to die faster in local. Did its job perfectly, 10/10 will bait again.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104461988/
Oh hey, thats about the same as the prospect, nice, we're already isk positi-

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104462003/
:eyepop: 567m pacifier dead, 243m dropped, 100% of that loot scooped.

ALWAYS BE HONKING:honk:

flying with geese is confirmed fun as hell:honk:

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 6, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

That pacifier had 15 killmarks!

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

had:smugdog:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I only had killmarks on two ships: my Nyx which I sold to someone in NC. because I couldn't be arsed to evac it from the southeast, and my Chimera which is still in Irmalin

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

this is a cool rear end story, thank you for posting it

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Out of all the people I expected to be flying a blinged pvp pacifier in lowsec it was definitely not braves highsec alliance...

Good story, good kills

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

drat that's a dogshit fit on the pacifier

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

floppyspud posted:

braves highsec alliance

Well what did you expect?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

tried to roam through delve thinking for sure we'd get shot at, but apparently gsf only shoots bubbles after the scary t1 cruiser fleet leaves smdh:honk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

"The grandfather was born in a tent. He remembers living in a tent. He will lead the people well.

The father was born in a tent. He remembers both living in a tent, and living in a palace. He will lead the people well.

The son was born in a palace. He has never lived in a tent. He will not lead the people at all."

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 7, 2022

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Still amazed we bubbled every gate in 1dq and didn't even get a visitor. Next time we'll have to bring entosis links.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Hell I've still got a bubble sitting out in Delve somewhere untouched. I hope it's able to live out its full timer :honk:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

corgski posted:

Still amazed we bubbled every gate in 1dq and didn't even get a visitor. Next time we'll have to bring entosis links.

I wouldn't recommend that, I think your best bet would be going into the ess' of the t5z, d-w, 4k-t, etc. Chain, loads of krab beacons ran there basically all the time so there should be plenty of dollars for you to take.

I mean either way you'll get blobbed, thats just the way it is, no point complaining about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i generally like my fellow bravelings, most are chill and cool people to talk to, but that guy is the definition of dunning-kruger effect. had a good chuckle when i saw the km.