Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
will these teams stop trying to injure my beautiful boys :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Marner is fighting it so hard right now

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

Gotta admit I didn't even really tune into this one because I figured they'd just lose.

I figure Sullivan's got like... 2-3 left before something breaks.
It may not be his fault but it can't be nobody's fault

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

God there’s nothing worse than just clinging for dear life but hooray :toot:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

They look more relieved than happy.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Through all that, the Leafs only allowed 7 shots on goal. Only 2 for themselves, which shows just how much they were cheating back.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If this team wants to learn that the refs won’t call everything that’s a good thing but I think they were just desperate

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

well i'm sure glad montreal was punished for what happened :dumbbravo:

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Most entertaining game of the year so far. Matthews scored two somehow with all the passes in his skates tonight.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
So Boston is undefeated outside of Ontario? That was a great game, but I'm terrified about the goaltending situation.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres make me want to scream!!! :argh:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’ve always thought Slaf looks pretty darn good for a guy right out of his draft year, I don’t understand people who seem to be down on the guy online

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

5 minutes majors and vgk meltdowns name a more iconic duo

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Entertaining game AND we lose? Perfect scenario. This year is fun as hell.

Koopa Kid posted:

I’ve always thought Slaf looks pretty darn good for a guy right out of his draft year, I don’t understand people who seem to be down on the guy online

I agree. All the right things are there, and they're taking their time with him. St Louis said he doesn't want him to focus on homeruns right now, but to learn how to get on base consistently.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

vgk has been letting in too many goals lately. gotta get that back down.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Lessail posted:

vgk has been letting in too many goals lately. gotta get that back down.

They still look like absolute killers. GG :cheers:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That was quite a pass by Jack.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Forgot how big of a oval office Zadorov is

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hischier looks so strong this year goddamn Crosbyesque puck protection

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The flames have like 6 goons.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Lol Calgary could have a penalty on just about every shift so far

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

T-Bone posted:

Lol Calgary could have a penalty on just about every shift so far

Teams are gonna try to play the devils like this I guess.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mcmagic posted:

Teams are gonna try to play the devils like this I guess.

Jack definitely needs to stay true to his season long strategy of never ever going in the corner this game

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

T-Bone posted:

Hischier looks so strong this year goddamn Crosbyesque puck protection

Not only that but his pressure on getting the puck back via takeaways has been enormous - he's really leading by example and I'm glad to see him having a great year after interrupted seasons.

There's really a lot to like about this Devils team and they're brimming with confidence right now.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm sure the entire conversation before that faceoff was "hey guys 10 seconds left on this PP watch out making high risk plays with Hanifin coming out of the box" and then Severson goes full Severson

This game is over if their PP is better. Letting them down a bit

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sieganthaler gets elbowed in the head and the Devils get a penalty

NHL refs are the biggest cowards lol. Nah too many powerplays in a row can't call an elbow to the face

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 6, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

yeah that was a pretty bs call tbh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Refs are trying hard to tie this game.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I understand that it's difficult to know if the goalie "intended" in his heart to knock the net off its moorings but I kinda feel like that shouldn't matter if there was 0 contact whatsoever and the other team has possession? idk

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

secret volcano lair posted:

I understand that it's difficult to know if the goalie "intended" in his heart to knock the net off its moorings but I kinda feel like that shouldn't matter if there was 0 contact whatsoever and the other team has possession? idk

Yeah it was the second time tonight too when the Devils were swarming. Unfortunately it's almost never called

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ that being a 4 on 4. Tatar just got slapped with a stick.

NM It was.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sutter is working these refs so hard. Lol at signaling 5-2 to show how many more PPs the Devils have had

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Now he's passively mean muggin the refs, lol - the ol Sutter Stinkeye

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The NHL's rules for goaltender interference are worse than the NFL's rules for what constitutes a catch. This was called goalie interference.

https://twitter.com/JamesonCoop/status/1589107846599229441

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I didn't think 3 would be enough.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Had Vancouver pegged as the team to blow their 3-goal lead tonight, nice work Jersey

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Had Vancouver pegged as the team to blow their 3-goal lead tonight, nice work Jersey

Multiple teams can and will blow multi-goal leads :unsmith:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Game would be over if the powerplay wasn't such poo poo tonight. They've been way better 5v5

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Christ how did Jack not score there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
god this team is poo poo