Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I have enjoyed every Itto story, he needs to go on a world tour and eventually be everyone's problem, so I 100% support this "Hangouts are gatecrashed by other characters" idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

I have enjoyed every Itto story, he needs to go on a world tour and eventually be everyone's problem, so I 100% support this "Hangouts are gatecrashed by other characters" idea

Yeah like they're events or something

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What song is that playing in the video? They've used it for web events, but I can not find it in the OST

This is Narukami-Bayashi which apparently only plays in one part of one cutscene during one of the inazuma archon quests (14:15 if timestamp doesn't work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoY0GUH0hg&t=855s

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

No Wave posted:

The game has been interesting at times.

Often it involves situations more complicated than traveler and paimon talking to a single other person. Nahida and you mindfucking the academic about the scarlet king was absolutely engaging even if it felt wrong to a lot of people, you have katherine with a kid's voice using green magic to help you possess an NPC and talk about a cult. The Heizou play during his hangout was extremely complicated in terms of the different characters' motivations and what people were actually communicating to each other, it was very good. Diona and you trying to make bad drinks was a great convoluted situation where everyone is at cross purposes.

Occasionally there's just better written more tense dialogue because characters arent just relaying information to each other, like the best ending for the gorou hangout. Or the really good haypasia scene in 3.1 where you're shown a mystery, why is haypasia being ignored, and the answer is really gratifying and you see it for yourself.

Writing is complicated enough that there isnt one thing they should do to make it good forever. But you can say the main problem at the moment is that 80+ percent of the dialogue is just paimon exchanging information with one or two other individuals. This is why second half of 3.1 was kind of dull, you're just expositing in candace's house for three hours.
The biggest problem is that the game shows you something and then Paimon describes what happened and then tells you how to feel about it. Because his forbid the player actually try to figure anything out for themselves.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Dik Hz posted:

The biggest problem is that the game shows you something and then Paimon describes what happened and then tells you how to feel about it. Because his forbid the player actually try to figure anything out for themselves.

This is usually very off-putting but it was genuinely awful in the aftermath of the interlude where you meet your twin for the first time.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm desperately praying for a card game tournament event where Itto travels to Sumeru and annoys faces off against Cyno. They can also have a beetle fight afterwards.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

This is Narukami-Bayashi which apparently only plays in one part of one cutscene during one of the inazuma archon quests (14:15 if timestamp doesn't work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoY0GUH0hg&t=855s

Found it in the playlist. Must have passed it before
e: Thank you!

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 5, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Eimi posted:

My current teams are Yoimiya/Yelan/Kazuha/Zhongli and then Nahida/Keqing/Fischl/Kuki (for heals and lack of an anemo healer). For Noelle, is Gorou just not worth using til c6? I was thinking I could just run the mono geo team but that's a lot of leveling, and sadly Albedo isn't gonna be pulled unless I get a Cinnabar Spindle somehow. The two big teams I'm looking to pull for are Eula and the three sticks (Eula/Raiden/Rosaria/Zhongli) and Ayaka freeze, but that just depends on when those banners all hit. Wanting to make electrocharge is mostly just me wanting to get Kokomi out there in a team because I really like her design.

I don't really like Gorou unless he's buffing 2 characters. I used to run him underleved, at C0 with fav and exile, in a Noelle/Albedo/Gorou/Shieldbreaker team and he was fine honestly. But once you start bringing up your sub-dps units it starts feeling pretty lackluster to have a character that does so little, all for the sake of a single character. Zhongli not only helps your onfield damage with geo shred, but also helps your off-fielders by shredding their elements too.

For the Kokomi team, I actually had a lot of success with Kokomi/Fischl/Beidou/Kazuha. It's a strong AoE team that carried me to 12 stars for many months of abyss, and it's definitely viable. But at the moment, hyperbloom is just, electrocharge plus. Electrocharge deluxe. I used Kokomi/EMRaiden/Collei/Kazuha for a bit and it was much stronger than my old team, and Nahida is stronger than Collei. EMRaiden can be Shinobu without losing too much and the anemo can be whatever you need at the moment (even Beidou if you have enough energy). It all works tbh, hyperbloom is just plain overtuned at level 90 with full EM

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

ahahaha, the game allowed me think i had escaped the character quest trap by doing nilous and tighnaris quests just far enough to continue the boat of consciousness quest, but after the big battle it hit me with a triple block of nilou, tigh and goddamn cyno as well.

im never going to get nahidas talent materials at this rate.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Risutora posted:

ahahaha, the game allowed me think i had escaped the character quest trap by doing nilous and tighnaris quests just far enough to continue the boat of consciousness quest, but after the big battle it hit me with a triple block of nilou, tigh and goddamn cyno as well.

I'm certain you can do the weekly boss before finishing the Archon quest (I just did it). Not sure if the domain is open immediately after the fight or not.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Xalidur posted:

I spent money on constellations once (Raiden) and I don't regret it at all. I'd do it again.

If by "spent money", they mean Welkin+Battlepasse, I have spent money on Genshin pretty regularly, and I am quite happy passing on many new characters for constellations on the ones I actually use. That way I don't have to grind up so many new artifact sets.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Redmark posted:

I'm certain you can do the weekly boss before finishing the Archon quest (I just did it). Not sure if the domain is open immediately after the fight or not.

hey youre right. i didnt notice because the entrance opened in a different location than i thought. thanks

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Risutora posted:

I used to unlock characters' story quests as soon as they were available. Why not? It'll just make sure I'm always topped off on keys (as it THAT'S an actual problem). Now I'm going to unlock them when I make time to do them.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Having time-gated renewable resources like weekly boss mats and then further gating access to them behind long-rear end quests is not appreciated.

Primordial Jade Cutter has put me an awkward spot with Ayato. I had a build with the black sword that was already overcritting and now I have basically the same damage with an even higher crit rate. It's still better than a crit dmg circlet. Either:
92.6% crit rate / 143.6% crit dmg
64.7% crit rate / 191.8% crit dmg

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
do the math
0.926 * 143.6% = 133% average damage increase
0.647 * 191.8% = 124% damage increase

also I have no idea what you mean by overcritting because unless you're going over 100 with rosaria buff or some kind of weirdo blizzard strayer build you're still fine

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Finding these lotuses for Nahida has been challenging. Mostly I think I find Sumeru kind of disorienting to move through. The dendro cube has been super easy to farm tho.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m desperately hoping that, if there’s a dedicated artifact set for wanderer, it’s an echoes/vermillion situation where it’s basically just a side grade, because i just got an 18cr/15cd vv feather today…

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MNSNTZR posted:

i’m desperately hoping that, if there’s a dedicated artifact set for wanderer, it’s an echoes/vermillion situation where it’s basically just a side grade, because i just got an 18cr/15cd vv feather today…

I mean I guess VV will always be good because it's shred, but this set looks to be BiS for wanderer/heizou

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Who wins for Nahida Aggravate, Keqing or Cyno?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I would pick Keqing every time but that's less due to Optimal Damage and more due to Cyno's infusion making rotations awkward.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Xalidur posted:

Who wins for Nahida Aggravate, Keqing or Cyno?
Keqing, especially with Kazuha. Use Cyno for hyperbloom with Nahida (Cyno+Nahida+Xingqiu+Beidou or I guess Kuki/Zhongli if you rly want).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Surely Wanderer will finally save Solar Pearl

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
:supaburn: BURNING :supaburn:

What's the point of Burning? Nahida makes it very easy to apply. Does it do a ton of damage if you use a weird EM build? Yes, it does.

https://i.imgur.com/9sNGFoa.mp4

Burning enemies have an AOE that will damage you. Severely. With my setup it looks like Burning does 1686 damage every .3 seconds, which is enough to kill most of my characters in 3 seconds or less. Beidou's shield last less than a second against that damage.

So, that's another viable method for Bennet to self-destruct on a dendro team. Even more efficient than Burgeon. Is there anything else you can get out of Burning?

https://i.imgur.com/D5zC4h7.mp4

Burning damages your character which means Beidou can parry that poo poo.

It turns out that Burning will set in regardless of any electro you're applying. The quicken aura will Overload and be replaced by Burning, even if more electro is being piled on. You have a couple of seconds to switch to Beidou and parry, which is plenty of time.

https://i.imgur.com/SKsA0VE.mp4

My team is doing good damage here, but they really aren't set up properly for what they're doing. It might actually be a good idea to go for a low EM setup to reduce the burning damage. Beidou could do more parry damage if I didn't have Severed Emblem on her.

This would work with other parrying characters as well. This could even be a way to make Candace useful. She could put out the burning and then, uh, help Bennet detonate himself with some burgeons? I dunno.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It takes some real optimism to take "applying this reaction kills your own character incredibly quickly" and try to spin that as a positive.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
that explains why my sayu keeps rolling to a fiery death with nahida around

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Some galaxy brain needs to figure out how to use the Xiao set with burning

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Maybe they'll add a character who makes the friendly fire from dendro reactions heal you instead. That would be nifty.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

Maybe they'll add a character who makes the friendly fire from dendro reactions heal you instead. That would be nifty.

Change hu tao's cooking passive to that, watch a certain segment of the fanbase completely lose their poo poo.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Lazy_Liberal posted:

that explains why my sayu keeps rolling to a fiery death with nahida around

This is how you do Sayu + Nahida
https://i.imgur.com/vAHlaNu.mp4

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

Change hu tao's cooking passive to that, watch a certain segment of the fanbase completely lose their poo poo.

More characters that get a bonus for being hit or want to stay at low HP are cool mechanics, on the topic of Hu Tau, so that could be an interesting gimmick for burning.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They need to overhaul the way dispatch works imo

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Maxwell Adams posted:

Burning enemies have an AOE that will damage you. Severely. With my setup it looks like Burning does 1686 damage every .3 seconds, which is enough to kill most of my characters in 3 seconds or less. Beidou's shield last less than a second against that damage.

It's beautiful. It's like we're all back in 1.1 when they decided that fire damage should scale with world level, only even more.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Man after stumbling my way through the new boss I watched how it's supposed to be fought on youtube aaaand yeah I was not doing anything correctly lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

How is it supposed to be fought?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Make the player immune to fire you cowards

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't know why they are obsessed with making reactions that hurt you, to be honest. Like electro-shock in puddles and they even introduced self-Blood damage recently too. Why? Does this make the game funner somehow?

Not to mention all the self-freezing with Hydro characters.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Man after stumbling my way through the new boss I watched how it's supposed to be fought on youtube aaaand yeah I was not doing anything correctly lol
Yeah I was pondering asking for advice since I have no loving idea how it's supposed to go. About the only thing I knew was to blast it with the doohicky before it does the instakill, the rest was just facerolling with a good team. It's a fun spectacle but I don't think it's really well designed, sadly.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Is the new weekly even the whole two stage thing? Because even in story mode it took ages of loving around to get the panels on the floor to do anything in the first stage, and god knows what anything is in the second.

I did manage to get an achievement for getting murdered by a black hole or something though, that was fun. Doubly so since it was called something like 'death and rebirth' and I had barbara so I didn't actually realize that I'd died, I thought the attack just did some weird bullshit.

Clarste posted:

I don't know why they are obsessed with making reactions that hurt you, to be honest. Like electro-shock in puddles and they even introduced self-Blood damage recently too. Why? Does this make the game funner somehow?

Not to mention all the self-freezing with Hydro characters.

It's less about fun and more about being somewhat even-handed. Most of it is pretty fair, too. Set grass on fire? Great, now you're on fire too (taking more damage with high em characters is nonsense, though. It should be less, since you're so good at elements or whatever). Summon an electric elemental while you're standing in a pool? Well no poo poo everything's electrified. Turning yourself into a popsicle is pretty bullshit, but if they really wanted to be assholes about it, you'd just be permafrozen by using barbara and kaeya's burst, or chongyun's skill.

I do think that 'even-handed' is the wrong way to go about that, if only because this is a game and enemies have way more health than you, generally. But I also doubt they really want to have different formulas for a situation where you get shot by a pryo and then electro archer vs. you setting grass on fire, then getting hit by an electro archer vs. you walked too close to a torch and then an electro crystal. And at the end of the day, it's still their playground, so you're stuck with their rules.

Coolness Averted posted:

More characters that get a bonus for being hit or want to stay at low HP are cool mechanics, on the topic of Hu Tau, so that could be an interesting gimmick for burning.

If you think about it, hu tao's blossoms are like burning, but slow as hell. Also slightly more useful — it's always nice to see a little fatui mage's bubble get popped slightly off-screen because it got melted, and then watching him fly around because the blossom's triggered raiden's skill.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Joined the group victims that were bullied for starting and not finishing character quests. I just wanna unlock this boss fight before the week resets :shepicide: Maybe someday they'll let you temporarily drop quests but until they do I'm never gonna unlock a quest I'm not gonna finish IMMEDIATELY, ever again. Like who cares if there are 2 Nilous out at once? Nobody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zenostein posted:

Is the new weekly even the whole two stage thing?

Yup.

quote:

Because even in story mode it took ages of loving around to get the panels on the floor to do anything in the first stage, and god knows what anything is in the second.

First is annoying because how long it takes the electro panels to recharge.

Second stage is like Raiden in that you're just dodging a lot and taking potshots until you get your opening. Except here the potshots are with the bazooka and it does a poo poo ton of damage once his shield is down.